light

Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KKURA UNNIE," chaewon shouts over the phone, "where the hell are you??? it's your turn to take care of hikari today!" 

it's a saturday morning (afternoon) and chaewon just woke up. she and sakura slept late.

which is why chaewon doesn't understand how sakura is awake and out doing stuff already. 

chaewon has been taking care of their daughter, hikari, for the past 4 weekends as per their agreement. today is chaewon's first weekend where she can go out with her friends after a while of being busy. 

"errrrr," chaewon hears sakura's prolonged thinking sound. 

"well?" chaewon's voice is full of annoyance and sakura knows she messed up. 

"uh, babe, give me like 2 minutes," sakura responds. 

"2 minu- what?!" chaewon groans, then realises, "don't tell me..." 

it's only then that she notices the sounds in the background. she also hears sakura curse under her breath.

"are you at the damn PC bang? don't you dare come home tonight, miyawaki sakura," chaewon hangs up. 

"mama," hikari tugs at her shirt, "is everything okay?" 

chaewon sighs and ruffles hikari's hair, "yeah, it is. let's go and eat ice cream~"

hikari breaks into a smile and nods, "okay!" 

-

=yujin plz man up groupchat=

[chaewon]: so i either have to cancel today or you guys are coming with me to get ice cream with hikari. 

[yena]: heeeey what about shopping :( 

[yujin]: yeah, isn't kkura unnie taking care of hikari today? 

[yujin]: btw, why didn't we change the group name, i'm already dating wonyoung.

[chaewon]: i refuse to talk about kkura unnie right now. 

[yena]: she bailed didn't she?

[yujin]: she totally bailed.

[chaewon]: no comment. anyways, the verdict? 

[yujin]: eh, i haven't seen hikari in a while, we might as well get ice cream with her.

[yena]: ^ what she said. 

[chaewon]: okay, meet you at BR? 

[yena]: aighties

[yujin]: i'm bringing wonyoung. 

chaewon meets the girls at baskin robbins with hikari. 

"wonyoung unnie!" hikari runs to wonyoung when they meet. wonyoung grins, bending down to pat hikari's head. 

"you're even cuter than before," wonyoung coos.

chaewon leans back and whispers to yujin, "how does wonyoung still look like a baby next to a literal 5 year old?" 

yujin shrugs, "to be fair, we'll always be babies to you." 

they happily eat their ice cream and chaewon still kinda gets that break, because wonyoung and yujin entertain hikari. 

chaewon checks her phone for the first time since her conversation with yujin and yena. 

=My Idiot♥=

> sorry
> i'm coming back now
> don't be mad
> there was a game event today and i didn't wanna wake you or hikari
> don't ignore me ( ╥ω╥ )
> chaewon?
> princess chaewon?

-

chaewon blushes slightly at the last message, but locks her phone and places it on the table.

she can't give in so easily. not this time. 

"so, why isn't kkura unnie able to take care of hikari today?" yena asks chaewon, eating a spoonful of ice cream. 

"ugh," chaewon sighs, "that girl went to the pc bang." 

yujin and wonyoung just burst out laughing at chaewon's reply. 

"of course she did," yena facepalms, "there's an event today though i think. hyewon was talking about it last night. who knows, they might be together right now." 

chaewon heaves another sigh, "even so, a heads up would've been nice. she's amazing and her concentrated expression is so cool but at times like this i wish she wasn't so obsessed with games." 

yena nods, "tell me about it. when hyewon is stuck in a game she never pays me any attention." 

"don't you just end up playing the game with her?" yujin teases. 

"shush." 

chaewon's phone vibrates a few times in a row. 

"that's probably kkura unnie right?" wonyoung says, still hugging hikari. 

"yeah," chaewon replies, showing no signs of reaching for her phone. 

"aww c'mon, just check. she'll probably be worried if you don't answer her, yknow," yujin reasons. 

chaewon huffs, "that's her problem then." 

yena laughs, "you're too tough on her." 

"am i?" chaewon asks, actually wondering if she is, "fine i'll just read her messages." 

=My Idiot♥=

>where did you go? 
>oh nevermind. got it. 

"wai- how does she know where i am?" chaewon squints her eyes at her friends, wondering who gave her away.

wonyoung nervously laughs, "i might've accidentally posted something on my instastory..." 

"oh it's just you? oh okay then let's just le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter