arc i / wrapping bread / ssambbang/ part i

our story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before going into the story let’s discuss about a certain girl name Kim Chaewon. Chaewon may look like an ordinary 16 years old high school student but no she is way more than that. First of all, she is a girl with an unbelievably good family background, the only daughter of Kim Inc., a company worth billions. With that wealth normally people would assume she is just another spoilt brat but heck to that. Chaewon is different. She’s a kind and caring person other than that she could ace in many categories. The girl had GPA of 4.0 in every semester. Also, she’s the main vocal of the school choir club, the vice president of the student council and an all time champion archer. She could do almost everything you name but except for one. A girl with so many strong points does have a weakness as well. Honda Hitomi, a certain cute junior in the archery club.

---

“That’s it for today’s training.”, the coach states.

The members of the archery club bows and says thank you to the coach before proceeding to pack up their stuff. Chaewon was with the rest at the locker room arranging their gear into their bag. She was occasionally stealing glance at the junior. Of course it was so obvious that both her friend couldn’t ignore.

“Stop staring at her, she might get scare off.”, Yena teases.

Chaewon quickly turn away from the junior. “Who said I was staring at her?”

“Hello, miss obvious, everyone here except her don’t know about your big fat crush.”, Chaeyeon playfully add.

Her friends began to laugh at her. She did action of wanting to punch them but they quickly ran off. The girl sigh, she turns back to that direction but the junior is not there anymore. She can’t help but to think, ‘Am I that obvious?’

---

“So is there any question?”, Eunbi ask the rest of the student council body.

Someone began to ask Eunbi question regarding the senior prom night they’re planning. However for Chaewon everything they said is just incoherent to her. The vice president was too busy thinking about that girl who could make her so weak.

“KIM CHAEWON!”, Eunbi calls loudly.

Chaewon quickly snap out from her thoughts, she whips her head to the president. “Yes?”

“I was asking do you have any question about the planning.”

“Uh, no.”

“Well then meeting adjourn here.”

The rest of them exit the room except for the two who was arranging the files.

“Care to tell me what’s going on in your head during the meeting?”, Eunbi ask with one of her brow raised.

Chaewon went silent at the older’s question. Immediately, Eunbi know what’s going on in her head. She shook her head and continues on cleaning up the room.

“You know looking her from afar doesn’t help right?”, Eunbi brings up again.

Chaewon sigh, “I know, unnie but what do you expect me to do?”

“Talk to her, you silly.”

“I just can’t, I’m not good enough for her.”

“Uh, okay you’re not good enough for her. Let me think. The Kim Chaewon who is popular in school, the ace of the archery club, the most kind and sweet girl I know. You called this as not good enough?”

“You don’t understand, unnie.”

“Let me get this straight, you’re a perfect human being and she is just an ordinary archery club junior. I mean what could she bring to the table to assume you’re not good enough.”

Chaewon immediately feel offended, “Hello? She’s not just any ordinary archery club junior, she’s the best among all the juniors and on top of that she’s the cutest human being I ever encounter.”

Eunbi shake her head again.

“I will never understand that brain of yours.”

“I’m fine being like that.”

“As you wish.”

---

The archery lesson goes on like usual. Chaewon manage to strike the bull eye almost all the time. Watching her practice is certainly satisfying.

Yena whined, “Why????? Why can’t I hit the bull eye like Ssamachi for just once?”

“Stop whining you duck, just keep on practicing.”, Chaeyeon shush the girl then proceed to release the arrow.

Chaewon chuckles at her friend interaction. Sometimes Chaewon finds it funny how she could click so well with them. She is a quiet person but in contrast both of her friends are social butterflies. The ace may be popular than her friend in school but in reality she has only 3 friends, which includes Eunbi. If it weren’t for the student council maybe she would only end up with 2 friends.

“You just have to be patient Yena.”, Chaewon click in her arrow on the bow then lift it up. “Take your time and focus.”, she pull the string, reaching her index finger to the corner of and aim. “Try to calm yourself when you aim and trust your instinct, it would guide you. When it’s the right time your body would do the work for you.”, she release the arrow. It hit the bull eye again. She lifts down her bow then turned to her friends who had their mouth agape.

“What?”, she ask the two.

“This is amazing.”, Yena states while Chaeyeon nods in agreement.

“It’s not that hard you know.”, Chaewon says to her friend.

In the corner of her eyes, she caught the junior practicing on the other end. The girl does the same as Chaewon and she hit the bull eye. Both of her friends follow her gaze direction and found the other end of it. They couldn’t help but to laugh at how dumbstruck Chaewon look.

“You’re drooling, Ssamachi.”, Chaeyeon teases.

Chaewon quickly turn her attention back to her friends. She glares at her laughing friend.

“Oh, by the way, I’m having a party at my house this weekend. Are you guys coming?”, Yena suddenly mention.

“Sure, is it okay if I bring Sakura?”, Chaeyeon ask nonchalantly.

“Oh, my girlfriend already invite her. We know you two are inseparable.”, Yena states.

 “We are best friend of course we are together all the time, what do you expect?”, Chaeyeon argue back.

“Okay, I understand.”, Yena lift her hands up in defeat. “How about you, Ssamachi?”

“Uh, I-”, Chaewon hesitate for a minute. Party is definitely not her thing. She enjoys her weekend at home reading, singing or practising her archery instead of going to a loud party with alcohol involve.

“Come on, Miss perfect. You never come to any of my party.”

“I just don’t like loud places.”

“But it’s fun, plus you never attend any before you wouldn’t know how it really feels like.”, Yena adds.

“But-”, Chaewon was cut off immediately by Yena.

“No buts, you’re coming and that’s final. Even Eunbi is coming as well so you have to do the same.”

The impatient girl decides to end their conversation there and continue on practising her archery. Chaewon was leave with no choice but to obey the girl’s request. She figure out Yena was right at some point, she never attend so she wouldn’t really know. Anyway it doesn’t hurt to try and Eunbi is there, how worst could it be.

---

This is the worst. Chaewon immediately regret coming to the party. The place is loud and noisy, plus it’s reek of alcohol. Right when she’s at the entrance of the house, Yena approaches her. The duck was clearly drunk.

“Hey, you’re finally here.”, Yena hug Chaewon.

She pulled away then draped her arm on Chaewon shoulder. “Lemme introduce you to some of ma friends.”

“You’re drunk, Yena.”

“I’m fineee.”, Yena was walking wobbly.

She took Chaewon to the middle of the crowd.

“Everyone, Miss perfect is in da house!”, Yena shouted.

The crowd started cheering at Chaewon’s presence.

“Wait for me here, I’ll get you a drink.”, Yena tell Chaewon before she retreat.

Chaewon was standing alone in the crowd awkwardly. People came approaching her, planning to start a conversation or more like flirting. It made her very uncomfortable also she couldn’t really hear the other talking well so she just excuses herself. She heads to the kitchen. Lucky for her, Eunbi was there filling up her drink by the counter.

“Chaewon?”, Eunbi call in surprise.

“Ah, finally someone I know.”

Chaewon was relief to see the older here.

“Having a hard time out there? Never expect you would come though.”

“You could say that I’m just not comfortable in social thing. Yena forced me to come and I had no choice, she even called her driver to pick me up from my house.”

“That’s pretty typical of her. But her party is cool and I saw that junior of yours just now.”, Eunbi nonchalantly says while she take a sip from her cup.

“Really?”, Chaewon is surprise.

“Yeah, she was with a short girl. I saw them chilling by the garden with Yena’s girlfriend.”

“Oh.”

Eunbi finishes up her drink in one go.

“Take this chance to go talk to her. A conversation wouldn’t hurt and if you need some courage you can have some fruit punch first.”

“Does the fruit punch contain alcohol?”, Chaewon ask in suspicion.

Eunbi shrugs, “Try it yourself.”

The older girl flees the scene after she finishes her conversation with Chaewon. Chaewon look at the big bowl filled with fruit punch. She is curious about it. In the end, she decides to take a cup to fill it. She took a sip, the sweet drink has a bitter after taste to it.

‘Is this how fruit punch tastes like?’, Chaewon ask herself.

This is her first time having fruit punch. She doesn’t hate the way it tastes so she decides to have another cup of it. Soon, one cup turns into many cups. The girl felt dizzy at first but after that she felt energetic.

The next thing she does i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter