: Goddess of Flower

On time, there's just never enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Indeed the season is changing as sights of flora and fauna begin to populated around the city. Intending to make full use of her time here, homebody Sakura has gone out of her comfort zone to participated in various tours offered in Barcelona. Initially, Yena was very excited about going on such city tours until the amount of information began to wear her out. Therefore it is no surprise that for the tour Sakura is looking most forward to, which is happening today, she is alone but not lonely; Antoni Gaudi and his legendary unfinished work, La Sagrada Familia will be accompanying her on this ride.

 

Sakura huffs as she stands small in front of the church. To say the tour was enriching is an understatement; the details in every nook and cranny and the meanings and intentions behind each of them overwhelm Sakura. It is no wonder everyone calls Gaudi a genius. After the tour, Sakura finds a shaded spot in front of the church to settle down and attempts to recreate the genius’ work. Surprisingly it is not that tough as she immerses herself in the art, digesting every little detail in her pencil sketch work. No one can stop her fast moving wrist until the tap on her shoulder.

 

Sakura creases her brows, frustrated at the interruption - her drawing is going so well but still incomplete. “That is coming along very nicely. No wonder you got your architecture scholarship!” The familiar voice prompts her to put aside her brief annoyance and she smiles at Eunbi who is now settling down beside her. The two had gotten closer over the past week partially thanks to Sakura’s ‘kind manners’ to ensure Eunbi is kept warm. They agreed to meet up after Eunbi’s classes for her to show Sakura her go-to Asian supermarket. While it is common sense that supermarkets in each country usually do not carry much foreign brands, it totally slipped Sakura’s moving-her-life-over mind and had to face reality rather painfully when she encounters items she has never seen before. I mean there’s a rack of pork leg in every supermarket! Even the basic seasonings she’s familiar with are all not around - there’s just salt and pepper! Thankfully Eunbi has been very generous to share her soybean paste which is similar to the Japanese miso.

 

“Shall we head along? Or do you want to finish this?” Eunbi asks.

 

“Nah let’s go. This way I always have a reason to come back.” Sakura says as she begins packing up.

 

“I don’t think it takes an incomplete sketch for this crazy Gaudi fangirl to come back.” Eunbi jokes. Eunbi learnt of Sakura’s passionate love for Gaudi whenever Sakura comes home from one of her city tours as she never fails to bring back with Gaudi memorabilia.

 

“Do you only sketch buildings?” Eunbi asks while they head towards the nearby bus stop.

 

“Mostly. I don’t draw humans much because I have been told that I get rather... abstract when it comes to that subject.”

 

“Now I am curious. Do you think you can draw me one day?”

 

“Are you sure? I don’t really want to lose my housemate.” Sakura jokes.

 

“Don’t worry, your housemate has a pretty big heart so she can take in anything with joy.” Eunbi laughs and gets distracted trying to decipher the number of the incoming bus. Meanwhile, Sakura’s eyes casually navigate down to the location of Eunbi’s heart.

 

“Alright this is us!” Eunbi moves forward, waving the bus down. Sakura guiltily averts her gaze away, thankful that Eunbi did not notice. Or so she thinks.

 

Eunbi pauses before the door, gesturing Sakura to board while she follows behind. After Sakura moves ahead, Eunbi smiles at Sakura’s back then briefly glancing down at her own chest.

 

“Oh yes! This is my favourite!” Sakura grabs the miso tub and drops it right into her basket. “Seaweed too! This is a must.” The seaweed packet joins the miso as well. Unsurprisingly, this continued for awhile with Sakura gasping at every familiar must-get. Eunbi chuckles at the sight because it does not take long for the basket to be filled.

 

“I think you sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter