oo3

Rewriting Our Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why did you do that?! You tried to kill my husband?” HyeJin screamed at Ms. Kwon.

“I was only doing you a favor, honey,” she calmly replied. “Besides, interest builds up fast.” Her slender fingers graciously wrapped around letting her long nails skim HyeJin's soft skin as she tightened her hold around her chin.

All HyeJin could do was helplessly struggle in the arms of two well-built men letting her own blood dry at the corner of her lips.

She held his calloused, pale, limp hands in her rich, red ones. Her warmth sunk into his own. HyeJin stared at the still figure on the hospital bed. His lips look dried and he was ever so pale. Will there be a day where she could ever forget about him? It had been over a year and every day she still hoped for SeoJun to wake from his long dream.

“Why didn't you just die?” She found herself crying at the mumble of these words.

It's said that love can draw hate, but hate could also draw love. HyeJin never thought it would be the undying hate she had for him that drew her closer to Sehun. Every time she saw him, she saw SeoJun, but every time he spoke she was reminded of the cruel reality that SeoJun might never wake again. She wasn't sure what to call this feeling inside and she was definitely afraid to call it love.

HyeJin got up to leave after she spent half the day grieving for SeoJun. She came here to avoid him, afraid she would fall if she was around him too much. HyeJin reached for her handbag she had placed on the nearby round table, realizing she didn't even hear it ring until she felt vibrations coming within her bag. She picked up without giving the device much attention.

“Hey, sweetheart,” he chimed.

Her eyebrows scrunched at the familiarity of the voice.

“Let's go to the movies tonight,” he casually spoke.

She didn't speak a word, afraid if she answered wrong there would be consequences.

“Ah, right. It's me, Jongin. We met at the convention a few weeks ago,” he reminded her.

The thought of how he even got her number barely flew passed her mind before he spoke again.

“Great, I'll pick you up later then.”

“W...wait. I…I can't,” she managed to utter before he hung up, but all was too late when she was met with silence from the other end.

HyeJin tightly grasped her phone in annoyance. If her eyes could roll all the way to the back of her head, she would do it. But, it was quickly washed with her rebellious nature. What more could she ask for? For which, this was the perfect opportunity. It was a chance for her to taunt Sehun, a chance for him to get a taste of his own medicine.

The first thing she did when she reached home was to search for him. She wanted to get ready and look her prettiest in front of him. The rebel in her was dying to escape. It had been a while since she had done something so thrilling. She wanted him to know she was going out with a friend named Kim Jongin.

HyeJin made as much ruckus as she could in hopes that he would notice her, but her loud steps quieted down when she discovered he wasn't home. It was no surprise to her. After all, he never came home early at night. It was when she was asleep that he would sneak his way back inside.

She looked at herself in the full-length mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter