The Fair Pt. One: Everyday I Love Art

The Club Hub
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Quick A/N: Hey guys! After writing and writing the club fair experience I realized that it was WAY too long for one chapter, so I decided to split it up into multiple parts.  Since it's the first time I'm doing this, I just wanted to make it known.

I hope you enjoy the plot moving finally!

 

Chaewon was never too keen with directions.

 

Thankfully, all she needed to do was follow the sounds of students yelling and chatting in order to get back in front of the club fair entrance.

It was way less crowded near the ‘Sign In’ table since the fair began some time ago.  Only a couple of students were in line but it still blocked the view of who was signing them in.

Already sweating from her jog back, a new wave of nerve rain started to fall from Chaewon’s forehead as she thought over how to address Hyejoo.

‘Hi, Hyejoo.  How’s it goin?  Good? Good-’ no, too boring.

‘What’s up, Hyejoo-OH HI YERIM WHAT’S UP AS WELL-’ no, don’t lose focus.

‘Howdy HyeHye.  I got my name tag.  Wanna watermelon and chill?-’

“What the hell is wrong with me.” Chaewon shook the awful pick up lines out of her brain as she stepped up to the table, head down, like a nervous butterfly first emerging from its cocoon.

“H-hi Hyejoo.” Chaewon, head still down as to not reveal the obvious red cheeks and unstoppable awkward smile, quickly pointed at her name tag to settle any previous conflicts.

“I wanted to say sorry for before.  As you can see, I have now gotten a name tag, so if you can ever forgive me for not having one, I would really appreciate it.”

Chaewon felt herself get lightheaded as she coughed out her next thought…

“Maybe we could even be friends?-”

“-I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR WIFE PARK CHAEWON!!”

“-Wait what?-”

Two short arms dragged Chaewon down to be greeted with a quick but painful noogie on the head.

Chaewon didn’t even have to look to see who it was, and the suppressed but joyful laughter coming from another person behind them just confirmed it.

“Why are you here, Yeojin?”

“Apparently to hear cringy confessions.” Yeojin snorted as she released her grip on Chaewon to sit down in the chair that Hyejoo was previously in.

“Don’t mind the pig.  Not being old enough to find love can really fry a kid’s brain.” Haseul winked at Yeojin from the seat next to her as the latter stuck out her tongue.

Chaewon felt like she was gonna collapse… but she didn’t know if it was from sadness, annoyance, or relief.

 

For the sake of everything that’s happened, she decided to choose relief.

 

“Scoot over.” A wave of pure exhaustion came over Chaewon as she took Yeojin by one of the four buns on the top of her head and tugged her to the side in order to sit down, somehow ignoring the little frog’s very loud objections.

Haseul patted Chaewon on the back as the tired girl went face down on the table, trying to maneuver her head to make the cold plastic more comfortable.

“You’ve had a long day haven’t you?” The motherly girl took off her sweater and gently lifted up Chaewon’s head, placing the sweater like a warm pillow under Chaewon.

“Why don’t you rest up? The fair’s gonna be open for a while, and it might be best to go in when the crowd has thinned out.  The leaders will remember you better that way.”

“Yeah, we saw your name on the list when we switched with Yerim and Hyejoo so you’re good.” Yeojin took an unexpected pause, making Haseul and Chaewon look her way.

“...But there was a big black sharpie ‘X’ next to your name.  And that can only be Hyejoo’s doing because if I know Choi Yerim, that girl would never use a neutral color- or anything that wasn’t two shades away from purple…” Yeojin started to head off on a rant, obviously to avoid the question she wanted to ask.

In an unusual turn of events, Haseul took this as a chance to be as straightforward as her little lookalike-

“Did you make Hyejoo angry?”

Chaewon groaned as she dug her head deeper into Haseul’s warm sweater.  She had heard that name too many times today, and she just wanted a tiny break from her unrelenting heart before she’d have to confront the wolf again.

However, Haseul and Yeojin, not knowing that Chaewon just graduated from Hyejoo 101 taught by Professor Jung Jinsoul, looked at each other, worried about Chaewon’s reaction.

Both of them went in for a warm hug, something that Chaewon appreciated, even though it was for the wrong reasons.

Haseul was the first to speak up.

“You know, I’ve heard that Hyejoo is a very nice girl, maybe you just caught her on a bad day-”

“Yeah, a bad day.  I mean everyone has those, right? I remember having a bad day and being so mad that I cut off someone’s ponytail-”

“I thought you said it was only a little part-”

“-Oops.”

“Im Yeojin, I don’t know how you haven’t gotten kicked out of this school.”

“HEY. I have my ways, unlike you-”

“Well, what have I done?”

“…”  

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

As always, the bickering between the two second cousins put a smile on Chaewon’s worn out face.  It also gave her enough motivation to make herself get up from the table, halting the verbal boxing match.

Haseul broke her death stare at Yeojin to look at Chaewon.

“I thought you were gonna take a nap.”

Chaewon rubbed her eyes, givi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter