The Key

Forever With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica slowly opens her eyes. No bad dreams, no difficulty sleeping and silence. It was calm, too calm. The kind of calm that she fears. She turn to look at her clock. 5a.m. She reach to get her phone. No new messages. She touched the home button to unlock her phone and went to messaging. The last messaged she received from her was ’something on your mind’ and that was 4 days ago, they haven’t spoken since. She left dozens of voicemails and messages, haven’t gotten a reply still.

 

Jessica sighs. So what? It’s not like I care or something. She can go on with her life, I can go on with mine. Who was she kidding? Those moments, those talks, no one understand her more than Yuri. Though her weird dreams and weird encounters did stop when she stop seeing Yuri. Maybe it’s fine. No weird dreams and weird encounters means we don’t have anything to talk about, right? Alright Jessica! Time to go to school.

 

Jessica, clad in her freshly ironed uniform enter the dining room where her father and mother were taking their breakfast. Her parents looked at each other weirdly before looking back at her. Of course Jessica noticed it. “Why? What’s wrong?”

 

“Er—” Rain scratched the back of his head. Clearly not knowing how to start. “Where are you going honey?”

 

 Jessica furrows her brows. Did her father hit his head or something? “School?” now she’s unsure.

 

“On a Sunday, honey?” Taehee asks worriedly.

 

“Oh no…” Jessica looks at her mother hoping that this is nothing but a prank. Her mother just gave her tight lip smile while slowly nodding her head. “Motherfather!” she stormed out from the dining straight into her room. She woke up too early on a Sunday when she should’ve slept the whole norming!

 

 

 

›››

 

 

 

Yuri slowly opens her eyes and blocked the sun’s rays seeping thru her curtain using her hand. She slowly sits up at the edge of her bed and covers her face using both of her hands. How did her life became this complicated? Jessica. She’s nothing but an innocent caught up in a complicated web just by meeting Yuri. And the worst part is, she will ask Jessica to be a murder.

 

Beep!

 

Her phone beeped for the nth time. Yuri just looked at it. 35 missed calls 23 messages. Not all from Jessica though, but the recent message came from the girl. Jessica—the innocent soul—who was minding her own life before she met Yuri, is now she’s being dragged down without her even knowing it. All Yuri could do now is keep a safe distance… but until when?

 

“You do know that hiding won’t erase the fact that she will… still become a killer”

 

Yuri choose to ignore those words. “Why are you even here, Sooyoung?”

 

“I’ve become your unofficial guardian angel” Sooyoung smiles, her hands caressing Yuri’s single-seater couch. “I like your home. Luxurious yet simple. Away from civilization. Isolated, your style”

 

Yuri sighs and just ignore Sooyoung. She stood up, took the white towel and slumped it over her shoulder before leaving her room. Sooyoung followed suit.

 

“Taeyeon is right you know” Sooyoung spoke while she follows Yuri thru the hallways. “I’m not the real enemy here”

 

Yuri remain silent but she abruptly stop, her hand shooting up to her chest. Her wound stings. Jessica.

 

“Are you in pain?” came Sooyoung’s worried voice.

 

Yuri lied by shaking her head. “No”

 

“She’s hurting and you can feel it” Sooyoung knew Yuri was lying but that’s none of her business. “You can keep hiding Yuri but we both know that the more you withdraw yourself away from her, the more you’re killing the both of you. And what’s worst? You both won’t die” she placed a hand on Yuri’s shoulder, giving it a small squeeze before walking off.

 

“Oh and if ever you need me just snap your fingers” Sooyoung demonstrated by snapping her fingers and in an instant she’s gone.

 

Yuri sighs, her wound still stings like salt had been poured over it. Is Jessica really hurting? If yes, then why is she hurting? Yuri had this urge to go back to her room and take her phone to call jessica just so she can check up on her but her mind is telling her no, telling her that she needs to think first before she engage herself with Jessica again. And it’s for the best. Her mind won over her heart, and so she resumed walking towards her bathroom.

 

 

 

›››

 

 

 

“Oh my… this is exhausting” Sooyoung let out a yawn before stretching her long limbs. She teleported herself to the park where she saw Sunny.

 

It wasn’t intentional she just thought she needed some fresh air. She took the empty bench then her mind drifted off to Yuri. Sooyoung could’ve let Yuri go on with her life and be immortal for eternity just like her and let them be the only soul wandering around the face of the earth when every humans and living things were all gone; but Sooyoung’s cold dark heart got the best of her. She still has a heart after all.

 

All those times she watch Yuri suffer, watch Yuri go thru the pain of losing someone she doesn’t even know and the pain of losing someone close to her heart; she was there whenever Yuri would shed tears or try killing herself. Just like what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter