Chapter 6

SM High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I see that many of you felt that Tiffany was angry that Jessica went to meet Seohyun, that is not the case. It was more because Tiffany didn't know where Jessica was. They are essentially inseparable due to many reasons which will be explored deeper as the story progressess. Meanwhile, enjoy :)

"Yes, the very thing that was killing me all these years is the thing that's keepng me alive" 

Tiffany was angry, angry with worry and dread. She had woken up in an empty and cold bed, with no Jessica. The last time that happened...... she didn't wanna think about it. Immediately jumping out of bed, she started calling out for Jessica, only to find that she wasn't in the room nor the bathroom. Willing her rapidly beating heart to calm down, she quickly left the room, searching for where Jessica was. 

Dressed in only her pyjamas, she ran down the corridors folowed by the stairs, looking for any sign of Jessica. Any early riser who happened to be near where Tiffany was was questioned roughly. Pulling a girl aside, she said in a low voice "Where's Jessica"

"Ow,.... i don't know...."

And this happened to every single student Tiffany ran pass, locking their wrists in a grip and demanding them to tell her the whereabouts of Jessica. 

"Where is she" she asked menacingly to this junior 

"I haven't seen her!" he cried out, panicking at the sheer deathly aura he was facing. 

Her heart was beating out of her chest, and she was close to having a panic attack. Her head was spinning, the world seemed like it was spinning all around her. She no longer knew where she was, where she was running to. All she knew was that she was desperately wihing for Jessica to appear alive and breathing in front of her . Safe. 

Echoes of past voices and memories rang in her ears, flashbacks of what happened at Fort Caine flashed before her eyes. 

"Jessica!! Krystal!! Where are you?!"

"Unnie!"

"Tiffany!!"

"Tiffany!!"

"Tiffany! Hey!" someone gripped both her shoulders, waking her up from the trance she was in. 

"Hey ...... are you okay..? Did something happen?" A small face came into her view, her eyes big and worriedly looking right at her. 

"Tae- Taeyeon"

"Are you okay? What are you doing out here?" Taeyeon asked. 

Tiffany had looked so lost and sad, standing in the middle of the hallways in her pyjamas barefooted, her haid flying all over the place. Damn it, if only she could read her thoughts and find out what happened. She had been calling Tiffany the past 1 minute with no response, eventually deciding to shake her by her shoulders. 

"Have- have you seen Jessica?"

"No... she's not with you?" 

"I can't find her.... Taeyeon... i can't find her!" 

Tiffany looked so desperate as she gripped her hand and shaking it desperately, her eyes had seemed so sad and full of stories, like she lived too many lifetimes to get here. Water was pooling around Tiffany's eyes as she gripped her hand, as if pleading with Taeyeon to make Jessica magically appear. For the first time, she no longer saw a strong, cold , uncaring and powerful Tiffany who didn't give a about anything. She saw Tiffany as a lost soul who finally looked their age, young , scared and helpless and yet... so beatiful. Why was it that someone who looked so vulnerable and sad could still look so beautiful.... like an angel. Taeyeon suddenly had this strong urge to kiss Tiffany's tears away, her hands automatically moving to Tiffany's face, wiping away her tears. She wanted to protect this girl, to hug this girl and take away all her sadness , to kiss away her tears, and to make her smile. 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was in her mind on her own. Her mind was going through the various scnearios as to where Jessica could be. It couldn't be Z, he was currently away in America on a mission. She knew they would be in peace for this 2 weeks. It couldn't be the headmaster either, he would never call Jessica without her, neither would Jess go with the headmaster without her. Taeyeon hasn't seen her..... Seohyun!! As if forgetting that  she was actually with someone, she quickly sprinted away to Seohyun's room, leaving Taeyeon standing there.  

Jessica knew she was ed, judging by the deadly glare that Tiffany was giving her. She could tell that Tiffany had been running, still in her pyjamas and...... barefoot?! Her eyebrows knitting together at that. 

She must have panicked not knowing where i was , Jessica thought, feeling extremely guilty. 

"Tiff, im fine. Im here, im good. Look!" Jessica said, attempting to calm Tiffany down . She knew what Tiffany was thinking, what she must have been reminded of. Giving her a bright smile with her hands open, she tried appeasing Tiffany, showing her that hey she's alive, she's standing, she's here.

It wasn't working. She could see Tiffany's eyes focused on her but yet as if looking far away in the distance. Stepping forward, she attempted to reach out to Tiffany, only for Tiffany to take a step back. 

"Finish whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter