Prologue: Packing With A Heavy Heart | Unwanted Departure

The Sea, You & Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Starting this fall Kang Seulgi will attend an all girls boarding school miles and miles away from home. A place she has known all her life—never has she been that far before. It is outside of her comfort zone. Near unknown locations and unfamiliar faces—”

 

“Would you stop narrating my life? I'm trying to pack.” The voice filled with mild annoyance comes from the brown haired girl stuffing a third bag that was an off blue color, sort of colored like the clear blue sky just outside the open window opposite of them letting the breeze inside the room, with neatly folded clothes into it. Being her third packed bag, Seulgi was moving robotically yet smoothly at the same time. The teenager had previously been on a popular website called Pinterest, she had been looking up various ways to pack a suitcase and bag with lots of clothing without them overflowing with clothes. Seulgi had rejoiced when finding the perfect tutorial and instructions with pictures and side notes on it. Others had only been notices which was not very helpful and little upsetting since Seulgi did not like to read without pictures—I suppose you could guess what type of student she is just by this information. In finding the picture and note layout, Seulgi had began working diligently. Until her best friend–Hweji–had shown up.

 

“How can I not when it is everything a blockbuster movie would be?” Hweji wore that same goofy and teasing smile on her face. It is always filled with mischief and rebellion the fair opposite of Seulgi's own smile. Sort of. On rare occasions did Seulgi partake in Hweji's rebelious acts around the small town. The two have been best friends since elementary school. They have been joined to the hip ever since and only now as they enter high school are they now having to part ways. “It is so movie-like that you of all people get sent to an all girls boarding school.” The insane cackling from Hweji had earned her the infamous scowl from Seulgi. The scowl that makes many think twice before approaching her. The scowl that has intimidated any and every guy wanting so desparately to court her. The scowl that has earned her the title of ‘Coldhearted Woman’. If you asked me, she does look attractive that way.

 

“Oh shut up Hweji.” Seulgi sassed her. From the way her eyes were narrowed thinly and the way she placed her hand on her hip to fully face the same aged girl, anyone could see that the sentence spoken was a sensitive topic. One that Seulgi did not like. “Calm down, your dad is sleeping and your mom is out in the garden.” Hweji, being accustomed to Seulgi's sassy attitude paid it no mind and instead went to look around the room although she has been inside it countless times. Seulgi watched her like a hawk for near ten seconds before her beautiful brown eyes flicker to the cracked door. A moment of silence pass before Seulgi eventually returns to packing her bag. 

 

“I already told you countless times.. If things get ugly, my family is your family.” Hweji had been holding a picture she and Seulgi took at the amusement park two years ago. It was such a fun day that day. She wished they could go back from time to time whenever things got hard simply because then, time was easier and there was no stress about the future. They were young and free back then unlike now. So many expectatio

Please log in to read the full chapter