Pick up lines time

Breathless because of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung's POV

“Taehyung-ah, it’s- Omo, you are awake! That’s good then. Come down and have your breakfast then.” My mom closes the door and I turn to look at myself in the mirror. I grin after making sure that I am looking smart today. I feel very confident today because I am going to show my charm to Gaeul! I quickly run down the stairs and have my breakfast.

“Mom! I am going to school now!” I shout and run outside. I just can’t wait to meet Gaeul in the school later although I do feel a bit nervous. I reach school in no time and I walk into my class, seeing there’s no one in the room.

“Oh man, I guess I come a bit too early.” I sigh and sit at my seat. I just look around and practicing those lines in my mind. As I practice in my mind, I slowly feel sleepy and my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier until the only thing that I can see is darkness.

Gaeul's POV

I reach my class and I am surprise that only Taehyung is in the class. He is not the type of student that will reach school very early. Perhaps he just set his alarm in the wrong time. I go to my seat and my bag somehow hit Taehyung's head accidentally. 

"Oh my god, I'm sorry, Taehyung-ah." I apologize as Taehyung slowly wake up.

"U-urgh." Taehyung rub the spot where my bag hit him.

"Taehyung-ah, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He just blinks at me.

"I think I'm not okay." Omo! Did my bag hit him too hard? But there's nothing heavy in my bag today, okay, maybe for that super thick novel that I bring to read during Maths period.

"Why? Oh my god! Do you need to go to the infirmary?"

"Because I saw an angel right in front of me." He grins at me as I frown. 

"I think you are okay then." I turn around and sit at my seat.

"Hey, Gaeul-ah. May I know what time you have to be back in heaven?" He grins and I just frowns. Something is weird with Taehyung today. I just roll my eyes and ignore him.

Taehyung's POV

Why is she ignoring me? Maybe I am not doing a good job. I should try harder. While I am thinking some new tactics, someone slaps my back as hard as they could. 

"Ayo! You are awfully early today!  You are so Jiguyo!" Baekhyun grin.

"What the hell is Jiguyo?" I ask and pout as I rub the part where he slaps.

"Oh, it's a new phrase that I create. It means awesome!" He sits beside me and smiles proudly. I just shake my head since it's normal for Baekhyun to be weird and there's nothing to be done to cure his weirdness. 

"By the way, how is your progress with-"He coughs while glances at my back. I just shake my head. I take a deep breathe and glance at Gaeul then stare at Baekhyun.

"Go for it, buddy!" Baekhyun gives me two thumbs up and a wide grin. I just nod my head and turn around, time to continue my plan then. I bend down and pretend to look for something on the ground. 

"Oh my, where is it?" I mumble, hoping she hears it. I act like I am very scare and worry while keep on looking at the ground, and then look in my bag, and then look on my table.

"What are you looking for, Taehyung-ah?"She asks as I look up with my teary eyes, acting like I lost something really important to me.

"Gaeul-ah, its gone." I sigh.

"What is it?" She leans toward me and I gasp, hand covering my mouth and point at her.

"I found it! It's with you all this time!" I say as she tilts her head which is so cute to look at.

"What is it? I did not remember that I borrow something from you." She frowns.

"My heart. My heart is with you all this time, Gaeul-ah." I say and I could hear a loud 'piak' voice from Baek's place, I bet he just facepalms. 

"Are you sure you are fine? Maybe I knock your head too hard just now." Gaeul says.

"Of course I'm fine. How could I not be fine when my medicine is here all this time?" I smiles at her who frowns at me.

"Medicine? Do you bring first aid box withh you all this time?" She asks as I shake my head.

"Nope, but I have you, medicine to cure every disease I have." 

"Taehyung, I think you need to go home. You are really sick." She then turns back to her book. I pout and turn to look at Baekhyun who has a red mark on his forehead.

"Don't give up, buddy. You still have whole day to go." He mouth to me and I nod my head with determination. Baekhyun's right, I still have whole day to go so don't give up, Kim Taehyung. Classmates start to enter one by one and I decide to continue my plan later then. I take out a piece of paper, where I write down all those lessons that Baek taught me yesterday night. 

"Pick up line is a must!" I mumble out the first lesson on the paper then I read down.

"Don't forget a gentle smile and a wink." I mumble and maybe that's why Gaeul does not respond to me, because I am not smiling gently and I do not wink. 

"Third lesson, must be confident, do not be too confident. Must be shameless." I frown as I do not understand. What does he mean by be confident but do not be too confident. I turn and poke Baekhyun's who glances at me. 

"Baek, what does this mean?" He looks at where I point and sighs, then looks at me with a 'why am I friend with this kind of people' look on his face.

"Hey, what is that look?" I pout.

"Taehyung, look, be confident mean you must be shameless."

"But shameless mean being too confident."

"No, too confident is like those jocks, those guys that thought they are very handsome and can get any girls they want."

"But that is them being shameless."

"Well, yes, wait, no, that is being shameless all the time. When you use pick up line, you need to be shameless at certain time." 

"Huh? Isn't being shameless all the time and being shamless at certain time is the same?" I ask.

"Are you the teacher or I am the teacher?" Baekhyun asks.

"Of course you are the teacher. I have no experience in this." 

"Then you just listen and don't ask any question." Baekhyun says with authority as I nod my head.

"You just ignore the third lesson, you are too young to understand that lesson. Let's replace that with another lesson."

"What is the new lesson then?" I ask as he rubs his chin.

"I will teach you when I think of it. Now you just do well in your pick up line."

"But Baek, some is too cheesy and I don't think I c-" I stop when Baekhyun suddenly leans toward me until his face is just a few centimeter before mine.

"Do you want to impress Han Gaeul, Private Kim Taehyung?" Baekhyun asks as I gulp.

"Yes, Captain Byun Baekhyun." 

"Then do not fear of any obstacle, especially those come from your heart and go for it. Fight for it, Private Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter