What is Life?

Because the Time is Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year 2016 (22-years-old)

         Those 10 years living with the Choi's were devil-like. Soojung had to sleep in the basement instead of getting her own bedroom. She ate leftover foods that Jinri never finished. She got to go to school, but she didn't get to go to any of those private schools that Jinri went to. She did everything that Jinri told her to do. The only thing she got in return was having a place to stay. The Choi's never gave her enough money, so she had to work part-time jobs ever since she was sixteen-years-old. Over the years she started getting less cheerful, but still never gave up.

***

Ok, let's do this!!! thought Soojung. 

"Yah! What are you doing hurry up Soojung ah. Serve the coffee," said Victoria. Victoria was Soojung's best friend and both of them worked at the cafe as a full-time worker. 

"Ok, Ok. I will." 

----------

"Ah," they both sighed. 

"Finally, we are done." said Victoria.

"mhm"

"Yah!" Victoria hit Soojung so she can come to her senses.

"Why are hitting me! What?!" 

"You should hurry up and get back home. What happens if the Choi's find out you're out working, instead of staying home helping Jinri do all her paperwork." 

"Who cares. If Jinri can spend all day partying, why can't I? The funny thing is I'm not partying, I'm just trying to have my own life. They didn't let me go to college or anything. What? Are they not going to let me work. Aish I really can't stand them. Anyways they are always home late. The only people there are the maids." 

"But still, you should get going it's almost 6:00. Also what?! You think maids won't tell them about what you have been up to!"

"Ok, I know. Bye." Soojung smiled at her best friend and took a taxi back to the mansion. 

***

          Ding! Jinri was back home. Soojung also finished all of Jinri's paperwork from college.  

"Ah, that was fun," said Jinri. Then she saw Soojung cleaning her room. "Yah! Get out! Your face always ruins my mood." 

"Ne, I also finished all your paperwork and jotted down notes for your upcoming exam. I will now take my leave." Soojung bowed and closed the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter