001

Notice me, please!

"Agassi, can you give me a sugar?" One of the customer requested. Jieun looked up from cleaning the table before jogged to get the sugar as requested. "Here, Sir!" She beamed brightly. She returned to her previous work when her eyes wandered towards the 32' inch television. She stopped her works and jaw dropped at the model displayed on the tv. It's the perfect Ahn Jaehyun, doing a commercial about a product. 

She sighed, "Mr.Perfect, when can I meet you?" She muttered. She just wanted to cry at how perfect he was although it was only 15 seconds advertisement. The bell of The Bing Bing Cafe rang, a doll like figure lady came in with her red stilettos. "Welcome!" Jieun bowed politely but the lady just walked pass her without even looked at her. Her head always keep up high, walking perfectly like a model. Jieun was her shoulder's height, too short hm. She sighed for the umpteenth time before making her way towards her, taking her orders. "Would you like to order, Miss?" She smiled.

Just a glance then rolling her eyes, she answered, "Americano. Thanks, kiddo." She smirked.

E-excuse me?

"Right. FYI, I'm 20." Jieun responded, slightly pissed at how she described her. She smirked once again, "Whatever." She sent her a look that said Do-I-Look-Like-I-Care. Jieun quickly walked away before she exploded right there, right now. A good way to start a day.

After finished her part time job at the cafe, she looked forward to find a job that she really wanted, that is to be near her Ahn Jaehyun. She looked at the tall buildings in front of her with her lips spread in wide grin. "This is it. No turning back, Jieun!" She did the 'fighting' pose as she entered the building. She went straight to the counter. The receptionist greeted her, "What can I do for you?" Even she needs to lift up her neck because of the tall height of the receptionist.

"Is there any vacancy here?" She asked, hopefully for a good answer. "There is. But, if you want to take for modeling, you can't. Because you're under--"

"I know. I'm not up for that. But, any jobs like assistance something like that?" She asked, a little bit offended at the mention of her height. The receptionist nodded, "Hopefully, there was. Due to the one staff quit this morning, you can replace her to help the clothing for the models."

YES! GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.

"Really? There's no need interview or something?" She sounded overjoyed but then calm herself down before the receptionist thought of her being a sasaeng. The receptionist shook her head as she gave direction to meet the manager. On her way to the room, some of the models were walking at the hallway not even notice her presence at all. Holy cheese, isn't that Kim Woo Bin? Her thoughts are wandering around when the great Kim Woobin greeted her, towering her. Ohmy, she looks so tiny.

"You new? You seemed lost." His deep voice hit her eardrums. "Yeah, I was looking for the manager to inform him." He was so tall that her face only met his chest. "He's in here. Come on in." He patted her head. She frowned, I'm not a kid, ugh. I wanna cry.  

Once the door opened, she was met with other models that were preparing for their shoots. "Manager Oh, a new staff member here!"

"Oh, Woobin-ah! Come here."

Woobin gestured her inside and she felt like walking through tall trees. They are all freaking tall, and here she was being a dwarf. She could only hear how they throw her negative comments about her height.

"Aww cute dwarf." "Haha, shortie." 

She keep all the anger in, and 'Do not explode on your first day work' was in her mind. She fake a smile as she bowed politely at the manager. "Hello, I'm Lee Jieun, 20 years old." She greeted and she can hear how they laugh at her behind. "Okay, you can work here starting tomorrow." Manager Oh said and patted her shoulder. She did another bow until someone said, "Jaehyun-ah, you're here."

She turned her body 180 degrees at the mention of his name. And there he was, standing all perfectly with his hands inside the ripped jeans pocket. All this time, she could just watch him on the television and now that he was in front of her, just a few metres away, she can't breathe. He took her breath away with one simple smirk. Wait, HE JUST SMIRK AT HER?!

 


Done chapter 1!  Hope you enjoy it!