You're an but I love you too

because I love you

**Some swearing and mean comebacks and pls pat me on the back for succeeding to write more than 2000 words this time

 

Okay so Jiyong may or may not be in love with his main enemy. Which is ridiculous, because Jiyong hates Im Yoona to the moon and back. ("No you don't." Seungri's words, not his.) Jiyong doesn't even like her, Im Yoona is straight up a female version of satan, and you know how they say girls are worse than guys? Yeah. But he also doesn't hate it when she scrunches her nose cutely whenever he tries to pick a fight, or the way she flips her hair when she's pissed, or the way she looks really cute when she's confused, or or or. Okay so Jiyong may or may not understand the difference between hate and love. 

 

"A-yo shikshin, how's the weather at your place?" Jiyong yells in Yoona's direction the moment she enters the classroom looking like she just got drenched. "Judging from how you look, I'm sure it's terrible." Jiyong snickers while high-fiving Seungri beside him.

 

"I'd like to kick you in the teeth, but why should I improve your looks." Yoona rebuts back as she dumps her stuff on the table. Their classmates pay them no heed, already used to the constant bickering between the two. 

 

Yuri slides into the table beside her. "Yoong what happened?" Yuri frowns, looking down at her best friend. Yoona was partially drenched, her hair was slightly wet and there were wet patches on her school uniform. It really looked like she had been through a rain of cats and dogs.

 

"Why don't you ask that jerk you call brother," Yoona grumbles back as she squeezes her hair from any excess water. Yoona then continues to dry the wet patches by placing her hand on the wet patches and creating some friction. Yuri just looks at her with concern and she immediately walks over to her brother. 

 

"Ji, what did you do this time?" Yuri pulls his right ear causing him to wince in pain. "I'm not going to let go unless you tell me." And Yuri proceeded to squeeze the skin on his ear harder to accentuate her point.

 

"Ow okay okay." Jiyong sighs in relief once he was free from his sister's death grip. "I was talking to the janitor and it took a while so he forgot to close the sprinklers on time. Oops." Jiyong replies, giving a cheeky grin towards Yuri's direction. 

 

"," Yoona says from her place, already done with trying to make herself look decent. 

 

Jiyong turns his head towards her direction and smirks. "I think you need a filter Yoona-sshi."

 

Yoona rolls her eyes. "Don't think, it may sprain your brain even more."

 

"I – " 

 

"Okay class, settle down." Mrs Choi announces, cutting whatever Jiyong had to say. "Jiyong-sshi, table. Now." Mrs Choi pointed towards his table. Jiyong trudges back to his table at the back of the class. "Now class, for your English project, I'm going to be assigning partners for you guys. And first off is Im Yoona with Kwon Jiyong, second is…" Mrs Choi continues to call out the names of each partner. 

 

Jiyong inwardly groans as he looks at Yoona who was scrunching her nose while looking in front. Jiyong tries to ignore the weird sensation in his tummy as he repeatedly chants out ‘Im Yoona is not cute' in his head for the rest of class.

 

*

 

"I swear to god, I don't know why we're always having lunch at the same table," Jiyong grumbles into his food, giving Yoona side glare. Yoona glares back with as much passion from her seat. Despite the fact that they're always going for each other's throats, they're in the same circle of friends so naturally they are forced to sit at the same lunch table.

 

"Can you not?" Yoona snaps back. "I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of hearing you complain for the past 2 years you've been here." 

 

"Okay, guys stop." Yuri interrupts just before Jiyong can shoot back a remark and quickly changes the topic. "Did you all hear about the new movie that's coming out soon?" Yuri asks, looking at everyone at the table. 

 

"Oh yeah, heard it's going to be a major hit." Sunny chirps, munching on her fruit. 

 

"What, how do they even know it's going to be a hit?" Daesung questions, eyebrows coming together in a frown.

 

"Heard about it through a friend," Seungri says with his mouth full of food. "I mean c'mon, radioactive spiders and a superhero with capes. Get real, every superhero that wears capes are losers and dies. Pretty sure it's going to be lame."

 

In reflex, Jiyong couldn't stop his mouth from shooting an insult. "Yeah, like Yoona." 

 

Yoona just rolls her eyes, already used to his lame antics. "I would love to insult you back, but it seems like nature already did." And with that Yoona proceeded to finish off her remaining lunch food.

 

Jiyong smiles mischievously. "You need a better comeback than that Yoong." Jiyong's smile grew wider when he sees the frown on Yoona's face at the mention of the nickname. "I've been there, done that with that comeback. Try again." 

 

"Listen you bitc –" 

 

"Yoona!" One of their classmates shouts from across the canteen. "Mrs Choi wants you in her room!" And with that the classmate fees off in another direction. 

 

Yoona got up from her seat and gives Jiyong her infamous glare. "Go buy a personality." Yoona retorts, then flips her hair with attitude and walks out of the canteen. 

 

Jiyong tries hard not to inhale the scent caused by Yoona's hair flip but god, he can already smell the strawberry and lilac mixing in the air. He most definitely did not store her scent in his memory. Nope. He's got it memorized since 2 years ago.

 

*

 

It was a Friday night when they all planned for a sleepover at Yuri's place. They all easily agreed to it but Yoona had initially complained because Yuri's house meant Jiyong's house which means that he'll also be joining in the sleepover, but Yuri had pleaded her with puppy eyes and promised to buy her a new pair of shoes, so Yoona couldn't say no. 

 

When Friday arrived, everyone had gathered in the Kwon's living room, each wearing ridiculous pyjamas. (Let's not talk about Seungri, who decided that wearing only his boxers was a good idea for a sleepover.)

 

"So what game are we going to play?" Yuri asks happily, already listing out the different type of games they could play. "We could play make-over or monopoly, or cards, hmm what else?" 

 

"Let's just play truth or dare," Jiyong says nonchalantly from the corner of the wall, too busy with his phone. 

 

Yuri grabs the phone from his hands. "Why that's a great idea brother," Yuri says sweetly. "Why don't you start?" 

 

Jiyong looks around at everyone before sighing in defeat. "Sure whatever. Gather around people." 

 

After about 20 minutes into the game, it was Yoona's turn to pick and she picked dare. Since Tiffany's turn was before her, Tiffany was the one in charge of giving out a dare for her. Yoona had given her best puppy eyes so that Tiffany wouldn't dare her to do anything she wouldn't live through. 

 

"Hmm." Tiffany her head to the side as she thinks of a good dare. "I dare you to… kiss Jiyong for 2 minutes straight!" Tiffany exclaims and the others nod their head enthusiastically. 

 

Jiyong snaps his head towards Tiffany, a look of disbelief on his face then looks at Yoona who seems to be in some sort of dilemma. Jiyong couldn't help by stare at the slight confusion adorning Yoona's face, followed by a (cute) small frown. Cute, Jiyong thinks to himself. Yoona looks up and looks at Jiyong for a moment, eyes drowned in confusion, not knowing what to do. Jiyong sigh, deciding to take pity on her. 

 

Ignoring the whistling of their friends, Jiyong turns towards Yoona. "You can always back out of the dare you know?" Jiyong says softly, shocking Yoona as he's never talked to her that way. But then Jiyong decided to protect his manly dignity by adding, "Or are you too chicken?" 

 

Yoona rolls her eyes. For a second there she thought he was actually going to be nice to her. "At least I'm not a gigantic ." 

 

Jiyong flinches playfully. "Ouch." Right hand coming up to cover his heart. "But seriously though, are you okay or not?" 

 

Yoona tries to not stare at the soft brown orbs staring down at her. Was that worry she sees in them? Why do his eyes look so warm? Yoona mentally shakes her head and gives Jiyong a small smile. She was not about to back out of a challenge. (Correction: she was not about to pass up the chance to kiss Jiyong.) "I'm game. Let's do this."

 

By now the members have already calmed down enough from their whistling and cat calling and some (Taeyeon and Sunny) were already fishing out their phones to record this epic moment. Too bad Jiyong and Yoona wasn't paying attention or else they would have their phones flipped off. The tension in the air was tangled in the atmosphere, everyone eager to see the kiss between Kwon Jiyong and Im Yoona. 

 

Yoona breathes in air to calm her beating heart and she sees Jiyong do the same. 

 

They inched closer bit by bit until there was only a few space left between their lips. Jiyong looked at Yoona again, searching in her eyes a confirmation of sorts before proceeding. Yoona gave him a gentle nod before closing her eyes as she took the final step in sealing their lips. 

 

At first neither of them moved, just lips on lips, but Jiyong stared to move his lips over Yoona's and started to kiss her for real. Yoona, having no idea what to do, just followed along as Jiyong slowly guide her into the kiss. Soon, it was barely a kiss as the both of them swiped their lips here and there as their tongue touched every nook and cranny in each other's mouth. Jiyong's hands had started to move up to Yoona's neck, trapping her in his hold, while Yoona's has her fingers bunching in his clothes, holding on to dear life. 

 

After what seemed like forever, (but really it was just a few minutes), the both of them separated, hands still holding each other and eyes closed. By now the tension in the air has blown to full size as the both of them panted against each other, clearly shocked by the new sensation. 

 

"Holy guys!" Seungri shouts breaking the silence, eyes wide in shock. Beside him, Daesung looks like he was about to pass out any moment. The girls weren't any different, most of them were surprised by the intensity of the kiss, while some (Taeyeon and Sunny) were satisfied that they got it on camera. 

 

"Wow," Yoona whispers softly, slowly bringing her fingers back as Jiyong pulls away from her softly. "That was –"

 

"Amazing." Jiyong cuts in. After realizing what he said, he immediately blushes red and stammers a comeback, "I-I mean it w-was o-okay." Jiyong rubs his neck in embarrassment, eyes looking anywhere but Yoona. 

 

"Okay guys, let's go accompany me to the toilet," Yuri shouts, sensing the atmosphere between the two and wanting them to be alone. The girls quickly stood up to give the pair some privacy.

 

"What, why would I accompany you to the toilet?" Seungri whines but Yuri wasn't having any of it. Yuri grabs his hair and immediately hurls him towards the hallway with Daesung in tow. 

 

Yoona chuckles. "Well… what now?" 

 

Jiyong looks at her for a while and gives her a small smile. "Well, I don't know. If I say I love you, would you believe me?" Jiyong asks sounding hopeful. 

 

"I would actually." Yoona replies, slowly lying down on her back to stare at the ceiling. 

 

"Really? Even after all the bull, I said to you?" Jiyong asks surprised.

 

"Please, Yuri told me about your sleep talking." Yoona giggles. "She recorded you confessing to me in your sleep." 

 

Jiyong knew he should be mad, but he didn't feel an ounce of anger in him, instead he felt warm. "I knew my sister would be useful someday." Jiyong chuckles, lying down beside Yoona. 

 

A few seconds of silence passed through them. The both of them continued to stare at the ceiling, too content in the moment. 

 

"Hey Yoong." Jiyong prompts, breaking the silence between them. "Be my girlfriend?" Jiyong asks, moving his head to look at her.

 

Yoona shifts to lay on her sides, staring back at him. "You're an but I love you too."

 

Jiyong grins widely. "So is that a yes?" 

 

Yoona just rolls her eyes before pecking Jiyong on the lips, uttering out a small yes. Jiyong grinned widely and Yoona thinks she'll allow herself to drown in the warm brown orbs. The both of them spent their night staring into each other's eyes, mapping out the constellations sparkling within them.

 

*

 

The next morning, (after struggling out of Jiyong's koala grips), Yoona proceeded to the bathroom to wash herself up. What she didn't expect was the sight of her friends, happily dozing in the bathroom. Some in the bathtub, some on the floor and she didn't know it was possible for one to sleep standing all night but kudos to Seungri. 

 

 


a/n: oh my god, how long has it been since I wrote something non-drabble(ish). I'm so proud of this because i managed to make it past 2000 words yayy~ I literally had no idea where i was going with this one shot, i just straight up wrote the first sentence then my brain just kinda took over and yeah, notice at the end i got really lazy bc my eyelids were starting to drop and now i'm sleepy so i'm sorry for that. and also i was lazy with the namings and occasionally seungri comes in often but yeah that's what happens when u don't plan anything out. anyway comment what you think! 

ps: it's 5 am, i'm surprised insomnia hasnt killed me yet.