Compliments (Chorong X Bomi)

12 Ships 12 Days

Bexter

A/N: Hey~ It seems my turn to post has come (dan dan dan dan). My two unnies are such great writers :D, and I'm sure K noona enjoyed their's, so I hope you will all enjoy this one-shot too! And, NOONA! You're getting older (hehe). Congratulations, congratulations~~~ NOONA JJANG! <3 Hope you enjoy~~~

~

It had become a goal of Yoon Bomi’s to compliment her leader at least once everyday. The stress that came with being an idol and the self-criticism that happens every now and then can become a real downer, and for Apink it seems their leader, Park Chorong, had the toughest time with this aspect of the career. Bomi didn’t understand how Chorong could be so strict on herself when there were hardly any flaws. And, even if Bomi could find a flaw, she’d still find it endearing.

 

Sometimes it’d be a casual compliment that Bomi would just drop into conversation.

 

“Unnie, you look really good in that outfit.”

 

“Thanks Bbom-ah.”

 

Sometimes it’d be done in a joking manner, where Bomi just wants to play around while accomplishing her goal.

 

“Wow… unnie, that performance. Hot body!” Bomi gave two thumbs up and her usual toothy grin.

 

“Yah, Bbom!” Chorong would respond with her usual soft voice accompanied by a playful slap.

 

Bomi would just laugh and continue teasing the older girl every time. It had become a habit.

 

Bomi didn’t really know when it all started but somewhere along the road to their debut, Chorong had decided to call her “Bbom.” They weren’t the only idol group to have a leader giving affectionate nicknames to a certain member of the group and Bomi never really realized how much she loved it until a year or two ago. Now, not only was it her goal to compliment the leader but it was also to hear her nickname fall from those beautiful lips. She would never get sick of it, and never plan to either.

 

Today was no different as she sat on the couch with Chorong right beside her, flipping through the T.V channels. “There’s nothing interesting these days” Chorong whined still changing from one channel to another, and going back and forth.

 

“Really?” Bomi raised her eyebrows, “There’s Eunji’s drama.”

 

“Yah… it doesn’t air today. We need to wait for a week,” Chorong said.

 

“Oh…” Bomi searched her brain for any other interesting drama that’s airing at the moment. “Hey, how about ‘She was Pretty’? I heard it’s a pretty good drama too” Bomi threw out another suggestion. She normally doesn’t watch dramas that often because the good ones tend to be at night, where Bomi would rather sleep than anything else. But today was a day off for the two so Bomi had already slept more than enough.

 

Chorong nodded, “Ah… there is.” She changed it to the channel with the said drama and settled, finally. “I hope there’s a rerun, I missed the last episode” Chorong commented, realizing she had missed some stuff leading up to the episode currently airing.

 

“There’s normally reruns.”

 

There was a moment of silence as they both watched the drama with their utmost attention. Contrary to popular belief, it happened to be Chorong who broke the ice this time. “I wish there was someone like Reporter Kim in my life” she said as she watched the scene of the second male lead.

 

“Why?”

 

“He’d say I’m pretty even though I’m not that great because he’s not all about the face” Chorong explained.

 

Bomi nodded as formed into an ‘o’ shape. “Ah” Bomi just remembered something as she listened to Chorong. “I forgot to do something today” Bomi said.

 

“What?”

 

Compliment you, is what Bomi had replied in her mind but she couldn’t say it out loud. It was a secret. She shrugged it off, “Oh… nothing actually.”

 

Chorong didn’t believe Bomi, not because she thinks the girl’s lying but because Bomi is naturally forgetful sometimes. “Really? Are you sure?”

 

Bomi nodded, “Yep.” She looked at Chorong with a smile on her face, “You are pretty though,” she said. It was one of her casual compliments. Bomi knew Chorong well and casual compliments were the most believable for the older girl, hence the blushing right now. But, she’ll deny it later.

 

“W-what?”

 

“I said you are pretty though,” Bomi repeated, turning her head back towards the T.V.

 

Chorong simply laughed it off as usual. Most of the time she couldn’t really tell if Bomi was being serious or just being a considerate dongsaeng. She was never good at taking compliments as straightforward as this anyway, “Ok, whatever” she said before diverting her attention back to the T.V as well.

 

Bomi knew Chorong didn’t take her seriously and she’s always wondered when she’ll ever, “I’m serious. You are pretty.”

 

“Ok” Chorong laughed, “I got it.”

 

“I like you” Bomi said boldly. This time she was persistent in making Chorong believe her, “So I’m serious.”

 

“Yah…” Chorong didn’t want to turn to look at Bomi. She wasn’t sure if she should, “You’re really becoming like Reporter Kim. Stop it.”

 

Bomi smiled, “Am I?”

 

Chorong nodded, “Yeah.”

 

“Do you like it?”

 

“You’re just like Reporter Kim, you’re always joking.”

 

“You know Reporter Kim better than that” Bomi replied, “You know he’s serious.”

 

Chorong sighed, “He proved it at least. What are you going to do to prove it?” she knew Bomi was playing around again.

 

Bomi hummed as she thought about it, “I don’t know… what should I do?”

 

“See? You’re joking around like usual. I get it, so just watch the show.”

 

It was Bomi’s turn to sigh this time as she shifted closer to Chorong. It became hard for Chorong to just ignore the younger girl, who was clearly staring at her “What?” she turned to completely settle the conversation but before she could speak anymore she was shut up.

 

Bomi kissed her.

 

“That’s my proof” Bomi said as she pulled away.

 

Chorong sat in silence, eyes wide. She didn’t know what to say. What just happened? Nothing was processing. “Bbom-ah?”

 

Bomi didn’t mind the reaction. She didn’t expect much. Chorong would conclude that she was joking again after thinking about it over night anyway. “Yes unnie?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Bomi smiled. It didn’t matter what type of relationship they had. That has never mattered to Bomi. All that Bomi cared about was making sure Chorong was okay, and if she ever felt unwell Bomi has made it her role to cheer the older girl up. Bomi had decided to support her, comfort her, compliment her and respect her until the very end. Whatever their relationship will become from today onwards didn’t matter to Bomi. And, frankly, she didn’t care either.

 

“Can you say it again?” Chorong broke the ice.

 

“What?”

 

“What you said before.”

 

“You’re pretty.”

 

Chorong shook her head, “No, a little after that.”

 

“I like you.”

 

A faint smile appeared as Chorong turned away again to watch the T.V, “Okay, thanks.”

 

Bomi smiled too, “You’re welcome.”