Chapter Thirtyfour

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yonghwa, we have a special visitor.” Shinhye said as I approached her.

I ended up not hugging her. “Let’s go in.” I whispered having so many questions in my mind. I followed Shinhye into our kitchen as she starts to prepare something to our special visitor.

“You should accompany her there, Yonghwa. This will not take long to finish.” She smiled.

“You remember me now?” I calmly asked. “I was so worried that you are not beside me the time I woke up.” I wonder if she understands my pain when I said she is not with me. I hope she will, even for a bit. I hope she will remember.

Her smile slowly faded. “Let’s face it Yonghwa, there will be many times moving forward that you will not see me beside you.”

I stood up with my trembling knees. How can she say those words like nothing? Maybe she doesn’t understand my pain at all, but here I am praying her to be with me. “I know, and it is nobody’s fault.” But even that’s the matter, I will understand her more than anybody else. “I will go to Jana now.”

She never responded, just like she never heard what I said.

 

***

 

Jana is sitting quietly but her eyes can tell me everything. She seemed having a lot of business to do with me and Shinhye. “Are you okay?”

“Maybe you are the one who need to answer your question. Are you okay, Yonghwa?” She smiled a little bit. “I heard you are taking some vacation off the office.”

“Yes, I need to be with my wife.” I shortly replied.

Her smile turned into a smirk. “I have never imagined you saying those words. The world has known you for being every client’s man, but seeing you now it seems like you are not the Jung Yonghwa that the people knew.”

“Yes, I have changed and I like myself better.” I affirmed. “Maybe the world has known that side of me, they never really knew the complete me.”

“Maybe because you never wanted to reveal yourself?” She asked.

I looked at her. “No, maybe you’ve got that chance back then but you failed.” I coldly said.

Jana made a tch sound at me. “So it is my fault, my bad.”

“Jana, we have already talked about us way back. Are we still getting in a hole because of this? I have my life now and you got yours. You are so successful.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter