Chapter 3

We All Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was quietly eating his breakfast, cereals, in the dining room when Suji entered with a carton of milk, bowl and a spoon, and sat beside him.  She took the box of cereal in front him and made herself her own breakfast.

"Oppa, do you have classes today?" she asked him before taking her first spoonful of breakfast.
"Today? I don't have any classes today" he answered his sister who was relieved by his answer. "Why?" he curiously asked.
"Dad's going to a meeting today so we'll have to take care of Mom" Suji informed her brother as he took another spoonful of his food.
"I see. Did she drink her medicine?" Donghae asked his sister once again as looked at the time. Their mother should've be done drinking her medication at this time.
"Dad made sure of it before leaving" Suji assured the worried brother. "By the way, Oppa. Have you talked to Kyuhyun-oppa?" she asked, she had received an email from her second brother who informed her that he will be arriving soon.

Among the 4 of them, Kyuhyun is the one closest to Donghae even though they only meet each other during holidays and vacation and chat via video call or email. Maybe for the fact that Kyuhyun is a male, that's why they clicked at an instant.

"Yeah. I talked to Kyu earlier. He said that he will be coming the same day as Jiyeon" Donghae told his little sister who had a smile on her face.
"So, we'll be complete soom, huh?" Suji commented before sighing dejectedly at the thought of their mother. "Just hope Mom wouldn't..." she looked at her brother and she knew that he knows what she's going to say.
"Have an episode?" her brother finished and she nods. 

The two of them know how hard it is for their other siblings when their mother would just have an episode. Jiyeon was the one who kept blaming herself for it and her older siblings couldn't do anything to help her.

"I do hope so too, Ji" Donghae hoped before looking at his sister with a teasing grin on his face. "So, how's your boyfriend?" he asked, completely changing the subject.
"He's visiting his Dad in Boston and he won't be back until next week" Suji answered with a pout on her face at the thought of no Taecyeon for a week. They've been only dating for 3 months but Suji became more fond of the giant. "So, how about your Queenka of a girlfriend?" it was her turn to ask her brother. 
"She's fine, alright. She's staying at her friend's house for a while until her Dad comes home" Donghae stretched his arm forward as he answered his sister who unsurprisingly scoffed at his words.
"What now? Little Miss Queenka can't stay at home alone?" Suji commented and Donghae sighed at her behavior.
"You do know that she's gonna be your sister-in-law"
"You do know that you two might break up in the future" At that comment, Donghae glared at his sister who looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What? I was just saying that you don't know what will happen in the future" she told him.
"Still, it's a bit rude to say that" he scolded his sister. "You wouldn't want  someone to tell that to you and Taecyeon, right?" he said as he pat his sister's head before resuming his breakfast.

Taking care of their mother was hard. Both Suji and Donghae got to admit. As soon as their mother woke up, she thrashed the room, demanding to see her daughter. 

"Where is she? Where's my baby?" their mother asked Suji with a heartbroken look, tears were no longer there. They've dried up from all the crying. 
"Mom...please don't make it hard for me too" Donghae could only watch at this moment where his sister talk to their mother. Because right now, in their mother's mind, Donghae is not present.
"Please, Suji. I need to see her" their mother's action and tone was starting to be more alarming that Donghae started walking towards his mother and sister if by chance the older woman would do something. "I want my Yoona, Suji-ah. I want my Yoona" At that name, he froze. Yoona. He must have misheard it.
"Mom, you have to listen to me...okay?" Suji held their mother's face, looking at her eyes. "Yoona's gone, Mom. She's gone" No, Donghae was not hearing things. It was clear. Yoona. That was the name of the girl who grew up as Suji's twin. It can't be his Yoona. His girlfriend has her own set of parents and siblings, and not once did she mention something like that to him. So, it's not possible...right?
"Ji" Donghae called her, shaking the thought from his mind. "Let me try handling this" he told his sister who had an uncertained look but she obliged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter