Of New Friends and Forgotten Pencils

Heart Beat

Once the girls got into homeroom, they settled into seats right next to each other(of course). As everyone came in, they chose their own seat, sitting next to the friends that they knew and sat next to people they didn't really know. The last person, nicknamed Hoshi by some of his friends, barely escaped the bell, making everyone giggle. He sat next to a girl named Hayoung and nervously waved to her, which she returned kindly. And finally, everyone was seated.

 

A woman around her early thirties walked in. Some of the students shushed the others. The woman smiled sweetly at the students.

 

"Good morning, everyone. You probably know me, but in case anyone is new here, I am your Homeroom teacher, Ms. Kwon Boa."

 

"Good morning, Ms. Kwon!" the class erupted which made Boa chuckle.

 

"So, for the whole year, this will be the first room you go to. This is where I take attendence and where you get to hang out before the day starts. So make yourself comfortable. You'll be seeing these people for the rest of the year." Yujin stared at the back of Seungyeon's head. She leaned her head against her hand and sighed, smiling. Zelo, a boy a row behind her, looked over at Sorn, giving a confused expression. Sorn pointed her chin at Seungyeon and Zelo's mouth shaped "o", understanding the situation.

 

"Hey, Yujin," Zelo whispered to Yujin. Yujin shook herself out of her day dream and looked at him questionably. He looked toward Seungyeon and gave her a thumbs up and a wink. Yujin's cheeks flushed and she hid herself within her arms with both Sorn and Zelo laughing.

 

Yujin looked up and saw Seungyeon talking to a kid named B.I. next to her. At that moment, Seungyeon playfully punched B.I.'s arm, both of them laughing. Yujin sighed and placed her head back between her arms. Seungyeon looked back and saw the crown of Yujin's head. She crooked her head to the side in confusion.

 

The bell rung suddenly and people started rushing out of the classroom. "See you all tomorrow!" Ms. Kwon sweetly said to the students. Once they were out of the classroom, Yujin and Sorn walked together to their next class. 'Well,' Yujin thought. 'Here goes nothing.'

 

~

 

A couple of students were already in the classroom when the girls entered. Sorn and Yujin found cards stuck to each desk with people's names written.

 

"Now where am I?" Yujin asked to herself.

 

"Oh! You're next to me," a boy said and waved to Yujin. Yujin waved back and said bye to Sorn, whose seat was across the room. Yujin sat down and smiled at the boy, who seemed to stare into space in the direction of Yujin.

 

"Um, hello? Are you okay?" The boy nodded his head absently, still staring at Yujin. Yujin snapped her fingers in front of his face, waking him up from his dream. He blushed slightly.

 

"I'm sorry. My name is Jungkook and I'm sixteen." Jungkook bowed slightly.

 

"You're sixteen? How come you're in a senior class?"

 

"Oh, I skipped a grade. And it makes sense that you don't know me. I just transfered here today."

 

"Well, my name is Yujin." She held out her hand kindly, which he accepted. When they let go of the handshake, Jungkook looked away, blushing even more. Yujin looked over at Sorn, who's eyes brightened. Yujin raised her eyebrows at her. Sorn mouthed "I'll tell you later." The teacher, Mr. Kim Kangin, walked in and the room instantly silenced.

 

"Alright, class. I'm your teacher, Mr. Kim. Lets get started."

 

~

 

Yujin walks into her Literature class, feeling exhausted from her previous classes. It was near the end of the day and she felt like sleeping. As soon as she sat in her seat, she crossed her arms and layed her head on the desk, her head pointing to the left.

 

Minutes went by as more people were entering the classroom. Yujin was none the wiser as she slept. She thought about Seungyeon staring at her earlier and remember how much it made her heart flutter. She smiled

 

"Ms. Choi." Yujin lifted her head quickly upon hearing the harsh tone. Her eyes instantly bulged seeing her teacher staring at her, his eyebrow raised. "Sleeping on the first day, huh? Lets hope that doesn't continue." A few snickers could be heard as Yujin blushed in embarrassment. The teacher walked back to the front and started talking about what literature meant.

 

"Hey. Yujin." She turned to the voice and noticed it came from her crush. Her mind froze trying to process that Seungyeon was sitting next to her, talking to her.

 

"Y-yes," Yujin stuttered.

 

"Do you have a pencil I could borrow?" Yujin didn't say anything until realizing Seungyeon was waiting for an answer.

 

"Oh!" Yujin said. Trying not to look completely flustered, she dug through her backpack. She found her pencil bag and grabbed a random pencil. "Here you go!" Yujin said fast with a smile.

 

"Thanks." Seungyeon smiled as she took the pencil. Their fingers brushed against each others. While Seungyeon began writing, Yujin blushed at the electricity that went through her finger from the touch. She grabbed another pencil and started taking notes.

 

The bell rang signalling the school day to be over. Yujin saw her sister's car parked outside and rushed toward it.

 

"Hey, unnie!"

 

"Hey, Yujin. How was your first day?" Yujin thought back to Seungyeon's fingers brushing against hers and felt her heart beat fast again. She smiled brightly.

 

"Great."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it? I apologize for my lack of updates. If you don't like inconsistent schedules, then you probably shouldn't read this. But if you're still interested, that's cool too. I'll try my best at updating, but I'm not making any promises. Anyways...

Subscribe, comment, and/or upvote if you liked it.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky