Determination

Broken Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think this is insane,”

“I think it is brilliant,”

Jemma sighed, leaning back. Ryeowook let go of her hand, instead slinging his arm over the back of her chair, carefully observing his hyungs.

“But it might just work,” Myungsoo finally said, smiling at the crowd, “If we were to proceed very cautiously, we might just succeed.”

 

 

Jemma and Ryeowook had nearly ran back to the house, as she shared her idea with him. He had immediately agreed to it — however he wasn’t the only one that had to be on board. Calling an emergency meeting in the small kitchen, they had gotten the missing band members and managers on a video conference as soon as they could manage. Luckily for them, Siwon’s movie shoot was nearly wrapped and he was set to return to Korea within a week. With everyone online, Jemma stood up and cleared .

“Right, so…thank you for the quick reaction everyone,” she started, smiling at the audience.

Kangin snickered, his eyes sparkling and the young manager shot him a questioning look, “Everything okay, Youngwoon?”

“Yeah, absolutely,” he waved his hand, “You just look…different — in the good way, I mean,” he quickly added.

Jemma smiled, taking Ryeowook’s hand, “Well, there are a few things that we wanted to discuss and we had to have everyone here…”

Her last words were lost, as the boys erupted in cheers. 

“ing finally!” Leeteuk shouted through the microphone, a huge smile spreading on his face, “You’re paying up when you’re back, Hyukkie!”

Everyone laughed at the rapper’s disappointed face.

“I thought it would take longer…” he muttered under his breath, “…three months…damn it,”

“Anyway,” Jemma’s voice rose above the noise, getting everyone’s attention once again, “there are a couple of problems with this arrangement, obviously,” 

Everyone’s laughter died, as the girl pulled out a copy of her contract. 

“Oh,” Myungsoo suddenly realised what she meant, his expression darkening, “This is rather…”

Everyone hunched over the table, trying to read the highlighted section of the contract.

“Down, children,” Kangin took the paper and cleared his throat, beginning to read, “Any form of intimate personal relationship with one or more of the aforementioned chargees will lead to immediate termination of the contract and a fee of 45% of the yearly salary of the aforementioned employee, yadda yadda, oh ,”

The good mood disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, everyone too stunned to say anything. They eyed Jemma and Ryeowook wearily, waiting for either of them to explode, but it didn’t happen. On the contrary, they were still smiling broadly, as if none of this mattered.

“Uhm, guys?” Seojin spoke up from the laptop screen, startling everyone — they had nearly forgotten he was in China with Siwon, “this means…”

“We know what it means,” Ryeowook interrupted, his smile never faltering, “But there is also a way around it,”

Donghae and Eunhyuk shared confused glances, while Henry and Zhou Mi stared at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter