Two

The Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin awoke when the sun came out the next morning. White curtains billowed as the soft wind caressed its fabric through the empty spaces on the window. She blinked a few times and suddenly she sat upright on the bed. She was wide awake. Her head was spinning and she put her arms over her forehead, trying to remember where and how she was lying in this bed.

            The wedding, she thought. I’d escaped. I'd met a stranger. She scanned the whole room and she could smell freshly brewed coffee. His home.

            Next she was struggling to with the thick duvet and she saw that the she had changed from wedding gown into oversize checked shirt and a pair of brown shorts. The torn dress had sunken into the mattress and she didn’t even care to find it.

            Last night, after she had been brought into the room, Seungri gave her the clothes to change. And after that, she cried herself to sleep. Jiyong and Mother would be furious. They will try to find her. What’s she going to do next? She couldn’t let Seungri interfere with her life more than it should. He had done enough.

            She was touched by his kindness towards her, a helping hand that saved her from her miseries despite not knowing anything about her. She aimed to leave here as soon as possible. She doesn’t want to be a burden.

            Heaving a breath, she moved to the window and opened it widely. Cool wind rushed towards her and her gaze laid on magnificent view of long rows of grapevine. Tall trees and flowering shrubs surrounded the area. Her lips parted in amusement. Workers were cutting the fruits and placed them carefully into their wheelbarrow. This was the first time she ever saw something like this. I would be fun to run around in the filled, enjoying the view and plucking grapes.  Her heart suddenly swelled with excitement.

            She heard a knock on the door and she turned around to see Seungri, leaning his back on the wooden pillar while folding his arms. “Good morning, Senorita. Hope you had a nice sleep,” he said smiling. “Breakfast’s ready.”

            Her heart beats quickened, thumping more loudly and she was breathless.

            She hated how beautiful that man looked in her eyes. Thick dark brows hovered over brown eyes that were seriously striking. Long lashes guarded them. His nose was straight and his lips were thin, wide and pinkish.

            His hair was thick and dark and touched his collar; his skin was smooth and a little dark circle under his eyes. Even his body was beautiful, hard muscle popping out from his stretched cotton shirt.

            Jiyong was not very athletic looking. He was more of slim, slender figure. His face was clear and fair. His eyes were enthralling and his smile was breath-taking and-guiltily Chaerin dashed all thoughts of him out of her mind.  She shouldn’t think about him anymore. She ran through to the bathroom.

            Seungri guessed that here was a woman who had more on her mind than any other human possible. She was an attractive woman with rich black hair that curled and waved down to her waist and alluring brown eyes. She looked even younger now. It was a shame that he didn’t realise it yesterday. Her eyes were smeared with thick eyeliner and her hair had been a messy bun. Something was clearly disturbing her and he wanted to found out what it was.

            Perhaps she would relax shortly over breakfast and begin to talk. It would do her good. Not that he’d ever been in this position before, but he felt deep down in his gut that she seriously needed to get something off her chest. There must be something happened to her at the wedding. But what? And who was he? Sherlock Holmes? He had no idea what was wrong.

 

Seungri watched Chaerin over the breakfast table. He had a rough time trying to sleep last night. He’d lain awake half the night on the couch, thinking any possible reasons that made her escaped her own marriage.

            “Was that good enough for you?” he said she jumped a little. “The breakfast I mean.”

            Chaerin smiled weakly, putting away the sandwich from . “It’s good actually. I’m pretty starving.”

            Seungri smiled in return. “Usually there was more than a piece of bread. Aunt May was unable to come by and that was the only thing that I could manage.” Aunt May was the cook in the house, but she had to stay at home. Her youngest son was having a fever and it has been two days that he had to feed himself. Yesterday he had gone to town to buy the groceries but he ended up bringing back a lady.

            He saw that she had become more calm and comfortable around him as she sipped her tea. Unlike yesterday, she was timid, lost and looking like she wanted to cry the next second. “Feeling better?” he conjured, wanting to start a little conversation and maybe she could be more open to talk to him. She nodded and he poured more tea into her cup. “Care to tell me what’s troubling you?”

            “It’s private.”

            “And I’m a stranger you’re hardly likely to see again. You know what they say about trouble shared. You never know, you might feel better. I promise not to tell anyone.”

            Chaerin found herself giving an involuntary smile. Actually, she didn’t fell like smiling,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter