Teasing

The Warmth of Spring

After her small conversation with Jaejoong, Su Jin fell asleep almost immediately. She was still weak and didn't even think about the fact that she will be sharing the same room or bed with her husband, unlike him who kept pacing in the room and looking out of the window.

He was frustrated. All he did was ruffle his hair and talk to himself. “Come on, Jaejoong! You have shared the same bed before... More than once, twice...”

He sat on his bed and covered his face with his hands. “Why does it feel different this time?”

When he finally laid down on the bed, he checked Su Jin's forehead to see if she had a fever.

In the morning, Jaejoong woke up to an arm hugging his waist. His nose sniffed a very nice and sweet scent. It was like the scent of cotton candy combined with some floral hint. The pleasant scent that was so close to his nose involuntarily forced his lips to smile. He opened his eyes and found Jin’s head resting on his chest. What made him tense was her bare leg that was between his legs. He then remembered that since she had a fever, she had decided to sleep with really short shorts. He could feel his ears becoming red. After kissing her hair, he decided to stand up before losing his self-control. He was of course oblivious to the rough way he had stood up and put his hand on the back of his head until he saw Su Jin looking at him.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

She smiled and said, "Kind of."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Did I bother you? When I am sick, I become clingy when sleeping."

"A-ani, it's okay. You know, I have a broad and comfortable chest. Feel free to use it as a pillow whenever you want."

"Oh God! Always so full of yourself."

He laughed and was ready to go to the bathroom, but was soon stopped by Su Jin's voice, "Sorry, I can't prepare breakfast for you today. Still tired."

"Don't worry. Yesterday, I told the maid to prepare it. Just go back to sleep."

He went into the bathroom, put his arms on the sides of the sink and whispered, “Maybe sharing the bedroom was a bad idea.” He smiled and remembered how y she looked. “It's not the first time you’ve touched a woman! Come on, Jaejoong!!”

After his shower, he returned to the room with only a towel on his waist and a small one to dry his hair. While drying his hair he looked up and saw Su Jin looking at him. He smirked, "You know, I am fine with you checking me out, but I would like it better if you are obvious about it. You don't have to be shy about it." He laughed out loud at what he said.

"You think you are funny? You’re the only one laughing."

"Sorry, you can continue with what you were doing. I will act like nothing happened."

She didn't answer but looked at her phone to prevent her eyes from straying to his bare chest and his tattoo that was attracting her attention.

"You should thank me for being your eye candy."

She shook her head. She knew he was in the mood to play today. So she decided to play along. She bowed her head, "Thank you, Mr. Kim."

He came closer and sat down in front of her. "You’re welcome. By the way, I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?"

"You can always lay your head on my chest, listen to my heartbeat until you fall asleep. My heartbeat will be your lullaby."

She hit his chest and acted like she was annoyed. "You are such a flirt. You always know how to tease me with your words."

He leaned closer and said with a raised eyebrow, "There is something else I can do better than teasing with my words."

Su Jin covered her face and kicked him with her foot. "Yah, ert."

Jaejoong exploded in laughter. "Didn't know my wifey has a dirty mind. I was talking about this." He kissed her forehead. "My lips, not what you were thinking about. I’m going to be late for work. I should get dress. See you in the evening. Have a good rest, dirty mind."

 

Su Jin was in the living room by herself. She was feeling better. She took out her laptop and logged on to her Facebook account. She has not use social media for a while. She found many messages from her fans cheering her on so she decided to do a live chat to thank them. She left a post saying that she will start the live chat in a few minutes. She was happy that many fans reacted and were watching.

"Hello sweeties, it's Lee Su Jin here. It has been a long time since I last greeted you like this. I’ve missed you so much. Sorry for not being able to post much these past days. I will be talking both in Korean and English. If you have anything to say, just leave a comment and I will answer you."

She spent more than half an hour talking, reading the comments out loud and answering fans about everything including her condition, her future schedules and more.

It's my birthday today.”

"Happy Birthday, Emily David! I wish you all the best. Just leave your contact information in my inbox and I will send you a gift."

“Is this your house now? After getting married?”

"Yes, it is. Wait, let me show you the living room. It's nice, isn't it?"

She returned to her seat and read the other comments.

“Your husband is not home?”

"No he isn’t. He is still working."

“Can you do another live chat with us and show us your house especially the dressing room?”

"I will think about it. Maybe I will after I’ve finished with my upcoming activities. Don't know when I will be able to do it but-"

She was interrupted by Jaejoong's voice. "Hey!"

She turned and looked at him. "Hey, how was your day?"

"It was fine." He leaned in to kiss her cheeks but saw that she was live. "Sorry."

So that his face won't be seen, he put his hands on her shoulders and kissed the top of her head, which made the girls who were watching melt.

“Why didn't he show his face?”

We want to see him.”

We only saw his jaw and nose.”

“He is well-known. Why didn't he show himself?”

When Su Jin read the comments, she laughed and tried to explain to her fans that they have never discussed it.

"I am sure he didn't want to interrupt our conversation. He is a person who doesn't like to be in the spotlight. When there is an event, we appear on magazines, but when there is nothing official, we like to live our lives as normal people. I don't know. We have never discussed about him appearing in my videos."

She continued her chat with the viewers, even when Jaejoong came into the living room and sat in front of her after having changed his clothes.

“Does it bother your husband that you have many male fans? And you have pictorials with other models?”  Su Jin read that comment out loud.

"For pictorials, we already discussed it. It's work. I know people I work with are professionals and I too feel bad for their partners. And you know women get jealous easily, but they know that it's our work. For male fans, Jae does it bother you?" She asked while laughing.

"No, it does not bother me. It's nice to receive love from everybody."

His answer made viewers comment on how he sounds nice and caring so the questions started being more directed to Jaejoong than to Su Jin even though he didn't once show his face to the viewers.

“What is he doing now?”

"Working on his computer. By the way, Jae, are you hungry?"

"No, I'm fine. Let's eat out later." She nodded and resumed reading the comments.

We always hear that marriage is a love killer. It kills the relationship. Is it true?”

"I don't think it's true. I have not been married for long but I think it depends on the couple. If the wife chooses to focus on her work or housework and the husband only on his work, of course there won't be love. What makes an unhappy marriage is the lack of friendship in a relationship. The man and woman should join in their efforts to make sure they don’t fall victim to boredom."

Jaejoong lifted his head from his laptop and added, while smirking at Su Jin with his perfect English, "Both partners shouldn't be afraid to tease and be sarcastic. Personally, I don't like it when all our conversations are serious. Right, Jinie?"

Su Jin laughed and nodded. "He is such a tease."

“OMG, he sounds perfect! We know why you married him. Doesn't he have a brother? I am ready to marry him if he has one.”

Su Jin couldn't stop laughing while reading this comment. "No, Choi Jiyeon. He doesn't have a brother. He is an only child."

“Can you post a picture of both of you together on Instagram? You only posted one once and only your backs were visible.”

"It's true. I don't post our pictures. You saw what happened recently. There are some journalists who don't respect privacy, so it makes me consider it a lot before going public or posting a picture."

"Excuse me, I have a message. Give me two seconds please." It was a text from Jaejoong.

“If you don't post pictures of us because of me, I want to tell you that I don't mind. You should brag about your handsome husband.”

She laughed and looked at her laptop screen, "Since I am in a good mood today and we had fun together, I will definitely post a picture soon, maybe after dinner."

 

After finishing her live chat, Su Jin smiled at Jaejoong and stood up to stretch her body, "Where are we going to eat?"

"I don't know, what do you want? If you are tired, I can cook."

"Nah. Can I choose the place?"

"Yes."

"Perfect! I will change and we can go."

"Okay."

In her dressing room, she put on a large t-shirt and denim shorts with her flashy Nike sneakers.

"Since I am the one who knows where we are going, I will be the one to drive." She took her car keys. Jaejoong smiled and shook his head while following her.

After a long ride, Su Jin finally parked the car in the parking lot.

"Gwangjang Market? You serious?"

"Yep, why? This is where you can eat the tastiest local street food and it's cheap," she said with a happy voice while giggling like a little girl.

"When will you stop surprising me? I would never have believe that you come to this market."

"Why?" She put her arm in his so they don't get separated in the crowded place.

"You have the perfect image and life of the princess who always eats at the most renowned restaurant."

"Yah, I am used to eating here with Chang Wook. We will be stopping by my favorite place. This ahjumma has the best food."

When they arrived, the old lady was glad to see Su Jin and hugged her. The younger lady returned the hug. "Jinie, baby, it's been a long time since you came."

"Imo, I have been busy with so many activities. Here, I brought my husband as promised. Kim Jaejoong, my husband, and this is the best cook ever, Imo Jung So Ae."

Jaejoong bowed to the old lady who smiled genuinely at him.

"We will have two servings of Tteokbokki, Gimbap, of course some sweet potato sticks and hotdogs. Ah Imo, please make the Tteokbokki very spicy. Like always."

"Are you that hungry? You sure eat a lot for your size."

"I don't get the chance to eat here all the time. While waiting for our food, we can serve ourselves some fish sticks."

He enjoyed watching her eat her food happily. When she was eating the spicy food, her cheeks, nose and ears became red. She started fanning her face. Jaejoong laughed. He eyed her hair that’s down and probably making her warmer. He removed the hair band on her wrist and made a messy bun with it. She started waving a flyer that was on the table to get some cool air to her neck and face.

"You are quite something."

"Yes, I know. You will probably meet someone better than me but you will never find a person like me. I am unique, babe."

He laughed and pinched her nose. "Yes you are." With his thumb he wiped off some sauce that was on the corner of her lips. He was in deep thoughts when Su Jin's question jolt him.

"What are you doing this weekend? I want to go to a club."

"Tomorrow is Friday. I am wondering if I should go to the get-together for my high school alumnis. Aren't you tired? The club will only make you more exhausted."

"Why wouldn't you go? Yoochun oppa is going? I won't dance. I just want to go there and sit and watch people dance."

"You are bizarre. You go to see people dance? Okay, we can go on Saturday. Yes, Yoochun is going."

"You should go too."

"Okay, I will go. I have never been to their meetings."

"They will be shocked." By then they had finished their dinner. Jaejoong paid. Then they said goodbye to the old lady and made their way to the car.

"Give me the keys. You ate a lot. Go and rest in the passenger seat." She nodded and did as she was told.  Before she stepped into the car, he stopped her. "Will you break your promise?"

"Huh? Which promise?"

"Of posting our picture to brag about me." She laughed and hit his chest.

She unlocked her phone and they took silly selfies. She made a collage of two pictures she liked. (Try to imagine Jaejoong with a better hairstyle and Su Jin as the girl in the poster, wearing the described clothes). And commented: 'Voilà! As promised. Double double  ;) '

 

On their way home, Su Jin read the comments about the picture she posted on Instgram and they laughed about it.

"By the way, you haven’t gone out much these last few days. No one night stands?"

He doesn't know why he seem to have this ability to incite her to start conversations about this subject in the most inappropriate moments. He really prefers not to discuss this topic and especially not with her at this instance.

"No." And after a moment of pure silence he added, "And there won't be another one night stand."

"Come on!! We’ve become really good friends. You can tell me everything without being shy."

"Well, I have one y girl in my mind. After I met her, my standard for the ideal body became really high... Very high, so it's either her or none."

Su Jin was looking at him, raising her eyebrow and listening to what he is saying but not understanding what he was implying.

"People always tell me I am lucky, but I really am not since I can't even touch her. She is a little bit conservative. I can tell you that her legs look delicious in those shorts. Too bad she won't go all the way with me unless there are some strings attached." He finished his sentence laughing out loud. He knew that by then she understood what he was saying. Her facial expression says it all.

" you, ert!" Su Jin started hitting him.

"Yah, yah, yah!! I am driving. Do you want us to die?"

"Yes, you deserve it for what you said."

"And you deserve what I said for asking an inappropriate question. By the way, what did you say? you? No respect for your oppa."

"I am sorry. But hey, we can say that between friends, right?"

He laughed and nodded. "Feel free to say whatever you want I guess." Then he ruffled her hair.