REACQUINTANCE PART 2

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Author's POV

 

"Unnie, as much as I want to hangout with Soojinnie, I think it would be best if I leave you to talk to her first. Especially since Hae-oppa is always with her. You should talk to him. I still believe that we can trust him. Among all of them, he's the one I'm 100% sure is on our side." Krystal said to Jessica.

The sisters were talking in their minds as they listened to Siwon talking to Soojin and the HDCs.

"I.." Jessica was about to respond when Krystal suddenly invited the two HDC girls and Siwon to join the others.

"Let's go unnies! Oppa, show them your singing prowess!" Krystal teased as she pushed them away from Haesica and Soojin.

 

Donghae was silently observing Soojin when his gaze landed on Jessica who was also doing the same.

"She looks so familiar." He thought to himself as he continued to look at her.

"And the way she looks at Soojinnie, it feels so familiar. It's like..... Ani. You're imagining things Donghae. I miss you so much Sooyeon-ah." He added.

Jessica suddenly felt conscious and her eyes met Donghae's who was surprised and sheepishly smiled when Jessica looked at him.

Soojin was too preoccupied taking pictures leaving the two to observe her from a distance.

"Stop it Donghae." Donghae said to himself as he remembered Soojin teasing him earlier about how she felt his energy spike when he saw Jessica.

The silence was starting to feel awkward so Jessica decided to break the silence.

"So Donghae-ssi, how long have you guys known each other? I mean you all seem to be very close." Jessica began.

Donghae smiled as he thought of the HDCs not only as friends but as his family.

"Well, we've all been together since we were kids. So I guess you can say it's been quite a long time." Donghae said with a smile.

"Wow. No wonder you guys seem so close." Jessica replied.

"You all seem to be of the same age, or quite close, if you don't mind me asking, how did Soojin end up in your group?" Though she knew the answer, Jessica pretended to ask out of curiosity.

Soojin was still busy taking pictures from all angles which amused the two adults watching her.

"Well, I heard about her story. About the incident her parents and sisters got into. I… She's such a lively kid despite all that." Jessica said with a sad smile.

"She's a strong girl. She's been through a lot but she powered through it all. Her sisters were close friends of ours. We all grew up together. That's why when well, the accident happened, we all promised to take care of Soojin." Donghae replied back with a sad smile.

Thinking of the hardships Soojin went through without them made Jessica sad. Fortunately, Soojin had the HDCs who seem to shower her with love which made Jessica grateful.

"She's lucky to have you guys." Jessica said.

"Ani. We're lucky to have her. She's the one who keeps us all together." Donghae said with affection which made Jessica happy.

"Oppa, Thank you for taking care of Soojinnie." She silently said as she watched Donghae looking protectively at her dongsaeng.