Love Is Pain

Baby, I'm not a Monster

[DAESUNG'S POV]

I can't believe the sight that was unfolding right infront of me. My close brother, Jiyong and my girlfriend, Hyori were holding each other and kissing in an alley.

 

No, It wasnt the type of kiss that the american celebs used. It was more like a passionate kiss. My initial shock turned into anger and without hesitation, I grabbed Jiyong away from Hyori and I landed a punch on his face. He tried to retaliate but his strength cannot overpower mine and I was holding him by the collar.

 

I could feel Hyori's jaw dropping to the ground and I immediately turned to face her. I shouted " Why are you doing this?! And even so, why must it be with..." my voice trailed off as the sudden realisation hit me, with more emphasis this time round. That the brother I have grown so close to, the one whom I trusted so much, was the one that was in Hyori's arm. 

 

Hyori pulled Jiyong away from me and asked if he was alright. I could literally feel my heart breaking into a million pieces as tears rolled down my cheeks. " You punk, how dare you hit your hyung like that?!" Saying that, Jiyong grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. I could retaliate but my mind seems like it hasn't absorbed what's going on.

 

He landed punches on my face and I could see Hyori just standing there, with no intention of pulling him away from me. I guess the heaven pitied me as rain started pouring down. Jiyong finally stopped and I dropped to the ground, with not a single ounce of energy inside me. " I guess you know now. Great. You and my girlfriend can go each other's wound." Jiyong spat at me, dragging Hyori away.

 

Hyori took a glance behind but I could not figure out her expression from all the rain that was pouring down. 

 

Ever since family outing, she have an important space in my heart and I did all I could for her. I even begged my bandmates to help Hyori at her solo concert. So it was an one-sided love all along. Thinking about the last part, my tears started to flow and I buried my face into my knees.

 

And so I was just sitting down against the wall, with rain pettling down. And God knows how long I was sitting there, I have no energy or motivation to stand up. Until a homeless man with  piece of cardboard came up to me and asked " Young man, you are taking up my space. Are you homeless too? It is raining, do not catch a cold. Lets share cardboard.

 

I was really touched by this gesture. But I couldnt even live up to my name " Smiling Angel" and just walked away without saying a word. I walked aimlessly and had no thoughts in my mind. Just blank. It is only until I find that my whole world was starting to spin around me that I realise I was walking along a street with huge mansions lining along the road. 

 

I staggered towards one of the house and pressed the doorbell. A girl that came to the door peered at me and said " Oh my gosh. You look like one of my favourite idol... But seeing the state of you, you must have gotten into some trouble. I wouldnt want gangsters to come up to me. Sorry about that! I cant help you with anything." And before I could even explain, the door slammed in my face.

 

I went to a few more houses and the replies were nearly the same but the results? All the same. REJECTION. 

 

I half-dragged, half-stumbled, to the next house, expecting yet another rejection. I pressed the doorbell and waited for a while. At this time, it rained even heavier. No one came to the door. I wanted to move on but my whole body started shivering and I pressed the doorbell once more. The door opened and I expected the door to slam in my face again. 

 

But a familiar voice exclaimed " Oh my f-ck!! What the hell happened to you? " I tried to see who was the one that answered the door but at this point, I started seeing white dots appearing everywhere and everything just went black.

 

When I awoke, I found myself lying on a couch, wearing female clothes. It is not the typical girly clothes. I just figure out it was a girl's because of its size. I tried to figure out where I was when I realise there was a girl lying on top of my chest, hands submerged in a tub of ice water. I removed the cloth from my forehead and sat up, holding the girl.

 

Wait...

Isn't this Chaerin? How did I end up here? I took her hands and realise that her hands had turned into wrinkles. I shook her, but still got no response. I lifted her to the couch, and I noticed that she had a ring on her hand and some inscriptions written on it. Out of curiousity, I peered closer and noticed the words " CL♥GD

 

I instantly froze at the letter "GD" So Chaerin is the girfriend of Jiyong? Why didn't Jiyong tell anyone of us?

 

The words that Jiyong said earlier kept replaying inside my mind like a broken recorder.. " You and my girlfriend can each other's wound now... "

 

That son of a b*tch!

 

He has a girlfriend...then what about Hyori? Is he just toying with Chaerin's feelings?

Should I tell her that her boyfriend is cheating on her?

No..I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

But if I don't tell her, won't she be kept in the dark?

But, keeping her in the dark is better than hurting her.

...

I finally came to a conclusion that I should not tell Chaerin. How can I let such a nice girl get hurt by that b*stard? And the worst thing is that I can't comfort her or do anything to make her feel better.