Second beat!

Exo Beats

Luhan once again went to the rooftop with Xiumin. Somehow, being with Xiumin sets him at ease. Maybe because he's his first friend, that's why he's comfortable talking to him about anything.

 

“So, Minseok. How long have you been in this place?" Luhan asked. He wondered about how long it would take someone to live here, or what do they even do during their stay.

 

"Almost a year and a half, I guess. Ah, I remember those times like yesterday," Xiumin looked up at the sky as he smiled. As Luhan saw it, he thought that maybe it's not bad to stay here after all, even if it meant that you're already dead.

 

"Then how long are we going to stay here in this place?" He wondered if there's a time limit or something, so he decided to ask about it.

 

"Hmm...let's say that you're not just staying here, but you have something to accomplish as well."

 

"Really? What is it?"

 

"You're going to stay here until you fulfill your genuine happiness. Or you've done something you really wanted to do when you were alive." Luhan just looked at him with curiosity, so Xiumin just waved it off and continued.

 

"I'm not good with explaining, but I'll tell you the important details, okay?" Luhan nodded. "Remember what I said to you the first time we met? That you are already dead?"

 

"How can I forget that? Of course."

 

"It's not only you. We all are dead."

 

"Then why are we here if we're already dead? Shouldn't we be in heaven or hell or something?"

 

"We are all put here because we haven't done everything we wanted to do when we were alive. And you can do that here. You can do anything you wanted to. This is your second chance, Luhan, so don't waste it." Luhan kept quiet after that. Although he doesn't know how he died, he felt as if something tugged his heart after hearing those words. Maybe Xiumin is right. He hasn't fulfilled his genuine happiness....yet.

 

"And after doing those, what will happen?"

 

"Then...you'll obliterate. You'll disappear from this world. Because finally, you can rest in peace." Luhan stiffened after Xiumin spoke. He is somehow getting used to living here normally, but he didn't know that something like that may happen. He just shrugged his thoughts off and spoke.

 

"Break's almost over. Let's go."

 

 

**

 

 

“Lay, it’s not that I don’t like the song you made, but we’re supposed to distract Cheonsa and make him come to the school’s Multi-Purpose Hall. But with this ballad, I don’t think it’s possible..” Suho kept on saying things about Lay’s new song for later’s plan. Lay kept a firm smile, but of course, it hid all the pain he felt inside.

 

“Oh okay, we’ll just sing the other one, the one we performed last week. Cheonsa got really mad at that, right?” Lay said, widening his smile. The other members wanted to soothe him, but he just hid his tightening fists at his back, signalling that he'l be fine.

 

But all the other members knew better. They knew that Lay was really hurt with Suho’s remark, considering the fact that music is his life and he likes Suho. He's more than hurt because of him not appreciating the thing he loves to do, considering all of the effort and heart that he has put in it.

 

“Okay then. As for the others, I assume you’ve got yourselves ready for the battle.” They all nodded. Luhan got really nervous, it’s his first time doing something like this. But with everyone by his side, he just thinks that maybe he can do this right. Somehow, he felt that he wasn't alone.

 

Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong.

 

The school's clock casually chimed. Today’s Friday, and as a tradition (since God-knows-when), there’s like a concert for the school band, which explains Lay’s musical participation. Everyone knows he loves to play.

 

“That’s our cue,” Suho spoke up with confidence and determination. Everyone gathered round and placed their hands on top of each other’s like a team. Luhan followed suit, and wondering again what will they do, or how will they even do it. Damn, his ignorant mind kills him.

 

“Uhm, Luhan, before we start our missions, we have this slogan for our group. Somehow, it gives us confidence to push our plans through,” Xiumin explained as he saw the look on Luhan’s face. Luhan nodded in response, not knowing how to react since he's just new. They all explained the slogan to him, and all together, they shouted...

 

“EXO SARANGHAJA!”

 

**

 

Here is EXO’s plan:

 

 

Lay will play along with the school band, purposely too loud for Cheonsa to come and stop them.

 

 

As Cheonsa leaves the Student Body room, D.O, Baekhyun, Kai, and Suho will enter secretly to look up on Cheonsa's things to find some clues.

 

 

And Cheonsa, who’ll walk his way to the MPH, will be stopped by Xiumin, Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, and Luhan.

 

 

And the battle begins.

 

**

 

“Good evening everyone!" A loud round of applause filled the whole place. Lay smiled, appreciating the students' effort to watch them and even cheer for them. "Tonight will be great as always, so get yourselves ready!"

 

 

The band started to perform, and sure enough, it was really loud. As expected, Cheonsa heard this up to the Student Body Room. He stopped whatever he was doing, and stood up and walked his way to the hall. When the members assigned for the task saw it, they immediately entered the room when Cheonsa was out of sight.

 

 

The inspected the room. A lot of folders were filed on to what looked like a study desk. It was so messy, but that didn't take them to stop. They opened the folders, and some school papers were seen.

 

 

"They're plans for the whole school year," D.O muttered.

 

"He's so prepared..." Baekhyun said as he scanned them one by one.

 

"A lot of activities will be happening," Kai noticed.

 

"This is not good," Suho said. 

 

 

All four of them looked into the MPH because the music got louder. They looked out the window. They saw the other members waiting with their weapons ready.

 

 

"I wonder what will happen to Luhan hyung," Kai said. They kept quiet and just searched for more after that.

 

 

**

 

 

“The other four seem to be inside Cheonsa’s room,” Chanyeol reported to the other members. He got his walkie talkie in hand, just to be sure.

 

“Which means...” Xiumin stated while looking at the direction of a shadow slowly showing under the moonlight.

 

 

Cheonsa.

 

 

“At the count of three, everybody attack, okay?” Kris said with full authority and determination in his voice.

 

 

Xiumin, Luhan, Chanyeol, and Tao nodded.

 

 

“1, 2, 3!”

 

 

All of them ran to Cheonsa’s direction and tried to hurt him. They shot him with a gun, slashed him with a sword, banged him with a wushu stick, and many more weapons were used. But Cheonsa was faster. He dodged every move they tried to pull on him. They were getting tired already after a few useless tries.

 

 

Cheonsa is nearing the hall with music, still unharmed. When he reached the entrance, the other five were stunned.

 

 

Cheonsa just took a peek, smiled, and turned his back to leave the place.

 

 

Out of the five members, Luhan was the most shocked. He didn't expect the reaction he got. He didn't know what to feel. Disappointment? Relief? He wasn't sure. I thought he’s really evil, like how the others defined him. What’s happening right now?

 

 

As he got near the stunned five, they positioned themselves to attack him, back to their senses. Cheonsa saw this and spoke.

 

 

“What are you all doing?” He asked innocently as he looked at their big weapons. He seemed to be not afraid at all, and it seemed normal to his eyes, much on the other members' surprise.

 

“Oh, nothing,” Xiumin said, still stunned and immediately hid his big bazooka. "Sorry for bothering you."

 

 

Cheonsa walked away, leaving them all with questioning looks on their faces.

 

 

“I think we should just get inside and support Lay hyung,” Tao suggested. All of the nodded.

 

“Yeah, I guess so. Come on,” Chanyeol said and was the first to move to the direction of the MPH.

 

 

The others were about to enter the door when Kris noticed something.

 

 

“Where’s Luhan?”

 

 

**

 

 

“Hey! Wait!” Luhan chased after Cheonsa after he left. He had some questions that were left unanswered in his mind.

 

The guy looked back, and Luhan maintained a distance between them. And suddenly he spoke.

 

“Why didn't you fight back?"

 

Cheonsa just stared at him blankly. “Want to have a test?” Although he didn't answer Luhan's question, Luhan pushed through to the new topic.

 

“What test?” Luhan asked but realized later that he made a bad move. It meant a 'yes' to Cheonsa, so he got a knife from his pocket and motioned closer to Luhan. Luhan was about to run away when suddenly...

 

 

Cheonsa stabbed him on the left side of his chest.

 

 

**

 

Edited another one again! :) Hope you appreciate this one <3 I did my best! I hope you can comment on how it was, so I know what to write on the third beat, okay? Thank you and I love you all! <3