20

Only Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

u should hear Juris' version of I love you, Goodbye. :') 

 

***

 

 

As soon as the door closed she felt like all her strength had left her body. Her breathing is labored like she’d just run a mile. Her head is dizzy, like the world is spinning around. And her heart aches like its being suffocated that it would want to rip her chest open to breathe.

She needed to lean one hand on the dresser to support her weight. Because slowly her body is going down with gravity and she’s afraid she can’t do anything about it. Tiffany had her right hand brushing her hair up and her teeth bit on her lower lip hard. She’s too weak to fight as she let herself fall on the cold floor of that waiting room. She tried blinking her eyes fast because its slowly getting wet as reality kicks into her painfully.

 

 

Life really is but a blink of an eye. A snap of the finger.

And maybe also a request on bended knees?  

 

 

She felt her phone vibrating again.

 

 

One new message from: Siwon brat

 

 

And that’s when she cried. 

 

 

That kind of tears when you realize the deep meaning of the word, almost.

That name would’ve been changed to   “My”   later that night. But guess what?

 

Almost.

 

 

So this is that cliché saying of the end of something which hasn’t even started yet.

But then Tiffany typed in her reply—her life’s current greatest lie.

 

 

I’m on my way.

 

 

 

Right person, wrong time. I hate that.

 

***

 

Siwon kept on pacing back n fort, rubbing his palms with each other as he breathes in and out nervously. He sat down for a second and opened his phone. Only seeing her name in the notifications his face painted a wide smile. This is it. She’s coming. She’s on his way to him.

 

That’s what he thought.

 

He stood up once again after he had sent a heart emoticon as his reply. That character made him cringe. Never has he become this expressive not even with his serious past relationship with Jessica and his unknown exes. Its always those girls sending him that kind of texts. But seems like the sun came from the west today, because he just feel like it, he wanted to be that cheesy romantic kind of guy who’s head over heels for his woman. Starting today, Siwon wanted to be the one who sends that hearts and kisses characters to Tiffany.

He broke into another cheeky smile as he waits by the side of Han river for a familiar car driving towards him. Finally, he sees someone coming.

 

But not when the car isn’t pink.

 

Maybe she asked Shinyoung to drive her? But the deal is to drive alone and they’ll leave their cars by the river. He shrugged and excitedly composed himself.

 

Siwon walk closer to the approaching car. But it stopped halfway, still too far from him.

He smiled, Tiffany must’ve watched too much romantic movies. Because Siwon thought she would do that famous scene when his woman— Tiffany looking gorgeous is smilingly walking towards him, and him meeting her halfway, and then they would kiss, and there’s gonna be fireworks in the night sky, and then he’s gonna go down on bended knees, asking Tiffany to be his last.

 

Since that spending-the-rest-of-your-life-today talk with her, Siwon was sure. He wouldn’t want any other woman, and that he wanted the rest of his life  on the present. Because Tiffany was there.

 

But not when the figure that came out of that car is nowhere near his Tiffany.

 

Slowly his smile disappeared.

 

What is Jessica Jung doing in Han River at that time of the night?

 

She was greeted by two creased eyebrows and a pair of questioning eyes.

 

“Oppa..” 

 

                          

“Jess…Wh-What are you doing here?” 

 

Jessica got her lips pursed, before letting out a deep exhale. Her eyes glistened with tears. She forcefully swallowed as slowly, one by one, step by step, she walks towards Siwon. It looks like she exerts a lot of effort with every step she takes.

 

Siwon just stood there, motionless. Someone, care to tell him what’s happening?

 

Jessica is tearing up silently as she came closer. She had used her left hand to wipe her tear streaked face. Meanwhile Siwon noticed the other palm tightly closed on her side, like its holding something inside.

 

His eyes didn’t detach anymore from her clenched hand, only to be pounced by a tight embrace from the woman. She cried on his chest. His brows creased again as hesitantly his hands reach for her back, rubbing it gently, which caused another wave of painful sobs.

 

Why is she like this? When just hours away she looks like the happiest woman on Earth with the launching of her clothing line?  Siwon is confused. Women really.

 

 

“Jessica…”

Her hand crumpled his shirt tighter, upon hearing the familiar voice she’s been longing her name to be called with.

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

Her breathing got more labored, and it worried Siwon. This crying doesn’t seem to end soon. So even just a little loose, he had to embrace her back to comfort Jessica. Until the sobs lessen.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m supposed to meet someone here.” Siwon said as finally Jessica lets go of him. Its not that he’s shooing her away, well maybe a little? He didn’t know. All he knows as of the moment is that his Tiffany will come anytime soon and she might misunderstand if she sees Jessica there.

Well he likes seeing her get jealous, but not today. Because tonight is gonna be unforgettable, he’s off to make larger-than-life memories with her. Tonight he’s gonna be the happiest man on Earth, but its not gonna be possible if Jessica is going to be there.

 

“I know.” Jessica answered shortly . She looks up to meet his eyes. They’re still standing face to face with each other.

 

“What?? How?”

Is it even possible that Tiffany told her? Because Siwon never did. And its only him and Tiffany who knew this meeting place at that time of the night. No way.

 

 

“I’m here Oppa” Her palm is on his cheeks. “I’m here now.”  

Jessica must’ve been joking. He didn’t know how to react properly, but still he smiled with hesitation as slowly he removes her hand from his face.  Because if she is, that’s really not a good joke for him. 

 

“I’m sorry Sica, I don’t know what’s happening, I wish I could talk about it with you right now but I can’t Jess. I didn’t even know how you found me here.”He even chuckled a  little to at least put her at ease. “I promise to come by your house first thing tomorrow, we’ll talk it out okay?” Siwon gently squeezed her shoulders and gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter