10

[Series] Let time decides

 

The next day, Junho never saw Nana again. He thought she was upset with his sudden confession. He felt regretful for confessing in such way somehow. I should do a proper confession, he said that every day to himself. A week passed without Nana's presence. Junho felt empty and lonely without her. To be frank, he missed her. He sent her hundreds text but no reply. He called her but her phone was switched off. But recently when he called her, the number was out of service. 

"Kikwang ah." 

Kikwang looked up. "Oh Junho. What's up?" Junho sat opposite Kikwang. 

"Do you know what happen to Nana?" 

"Nana? I heard she took sick leaves. It's been a week too I've lost contact with her." 

"I texted her but nothing from her," Yoseob added. He was sitting beside Kikwang. Kikwang sighed. 

"I miss her..." 

"Me too. I'm worried too. What kind of sick she's having till she has to take sick leave?" Yoseob said regretfully. He, too, let out a sigh. 

Sick...leave? Is her sick that bad? Junho couldn’t help but worried. 

"Thanks Kikwang, Yoseob," His lips curved a small smile while getting up. 

"No problem. Where are you going? Don't you want to study with us?" Kikwang asked. 

Junho looked at Yoseob who was concentrating on solving math's problems. Kikwang and Yoseob were kind of nerd but! They were good looking nerds that all girls dream of. Both of them were no joke.

"Nah, I gotta see my boys. See you around," Junho said and bid good bye.

 

“Did you hear the news?” Kikwang said. He sounded kind of sad. Junho furrowed his eyebrows.

“What news?” he asked. Kikwang sighed. He looked at Yoseob. Yoseob mouthed him “Just tell him.”

“Nana. She dropped out from college...”

That statement left Junho in dazed. His soul seemed like leaving his body for a while. “What...?”

“I heard....she moved to oversea.” 

Junho’s heart felt like shattering into pieces. For the first time, the girl that he was been into, crushed his heart like that. He let out heavy sigh. Was it really my fault?

 

It almost been a year (10 months) since Kim Nana dropped out from college. Junho didn’t even know where did she go and why did she drop from college. The last he saw her was the day he made his confession. He had been blaming himself for making such a rush confession. His friends had been telling him that, that wasn’t his fault but he didn’t listen. During Nana’s absence, Junho spent most of his time with his close friends. They were friends since high school and even had a group name -2PM. When Junho moved back to Korea, half of them were already back to Korea. Nichkhun was still in England, hadn’t yet finished his studies.

Junho was sitting at dine table, doing his assignment. Chansung came and sat beside him. 

“Why are you still here? Won’t your mother worried that his son hasn’t back home yet?” Chansung asked. The clock showed 10pm. 

“I told my mother that I’m staying here for a few nights.”

“Really?” Chansung raised an eyebrow. “Reason?”

There was always a reason if Junho stayed over at their house apart from having gathering with other 2PM members. Minjun, Taecyeon, Chansung and Wooyoung -only them staying permanently. 

“No particular reason. Eunmi kept bothering me while I was doing my assignment, and deadline is nearing,” Junho said, focusing on his assignment. Chansung nodded, understand. 

“By the way, the Kim Nana is still disappearing?”

Junho stopped working upon hearing her name. He sighed deeply. 

“She didn’t missing. She just went to oversea with her family...”

“Isn’t it called missing because she went oversea just like that? Without even telling you as her friend.” Chansung said.

“It does make sense but, ah I don’t want to talk about it,” Junho sighed. He continued doing his assignment. Suddenly, Junho stopped and was thinking hard.

“Chansung ah, you know, two weeks ago, I’ve seen someone exactly like her. When I try to chase her, she lost from my sight. Then three days ago, I saw that girl again. Was I dreaming or it was really Nana?” 

Chansung chuckled looking at his best friend. “Idiot! You missed her that much that you were hallucinating? Wow. Nana must have taken over half of your brain.” Chansung continued laughing.

“Yah, I’m not hallucinating...” Junho pouted. 

“Stop pouting, you look ugly!”

Am I really missing her that much? Where are you Kim Nana? I miss you.... 

Their fate didn’t seem to be on their side (yet). Junho could survive without Nana. But would they meet again or it would end just like this? Let time decided.