Of Foods and Past Memories - part 2

Of Foods and Past Memories

Even the fierce battle of Starcraft cannot stop Kyuhyun and Changmin when it comes to foods. Both of them pause the game and racing to the dorm the moment Ryeowook’s text about ‘dinner is ready’ was received.

Kyuhyun and Changmin rushed into the kitcen, but their step halted the moment the saw the special guest chef at the table. Kyuhyun slowly bowed and greet him but Changmin just stood silently, too shocked to believe his eyes.

Ryeowook eye-signalled Kyuhyun to come and sit beside him, which being comply by the latter. Jaejoong stood from his chair, offering his warm smile, slowly he walk towards Changmin.

“ Don’t you miss hyung, Changmin ah?”, Jaejoong asked, spreading his arms widely.

“ Hyung ~~~!!!”, Changmin run and hugged Jaejoong tightly, sniffing at his hyung’s neck. “ Hyung...I missed you so much !!”

“ I missed you too kid~ Aigooo, my baby has grow up so much, really handsome now”, Jaejoong patted Changmin’s head.

“ Hyung too, has become more pretty now”, Changmin grinned, somehow his naughty side coming out naturally.

“ Yah !! I’m not pretty. I’m handsome”, Jaejoong pulled Changmin’s right ear, causing the taller to whine.

“ Aww..Ne~ne~ hyung handsome too. But hyung...how come you are here?”, Changmin asked, rubbing on his slightly red ears, following Jaejoong to sit at the tables, joining the other.

“ Actually it was Ryeowookie’s idea. The last time he cooked, you didn’t get to eat much because our members already chomped almost all the foods. This kid begs me to contact Jaejoong, and plead at him to cook together since you mention how you missed your hyung cooking. And since tonight there’s only me, Kyu and him, so it was perfect for his dinner together plan.”, Heechul explained, while Kyuhyun and Changmin stared at Ryeowook, astounded at the cutest idol kindness.

“ Ne, Ryeowookie begged to me, ‘saying please cook for Changmin, he really missed your food’,” Jaejoong nodded his head then continue, “ So here I am, cooking your favourite dishes”.

“ Jeongmal-yo? Gomawo Ryeowook ah, gomawo Jae hyung ”, Changmin said, feeling touched at the occasion, Jaejoong just smiled and hugged his maknae’s waist to comfort him.

“ Ryeowook ah~ You’re really the kindest person I know..”, Kyuhyun commented, feeling touched too at his same age friend, who really cares for others much.

“ Aniyo...it’s nothing..ermmm....by the way, let’s start eats now, can we? The food is getting cold”, Ryeowook blush, feeling shy at all compliments and trying to change the atmosphere by suggesting them start eating.

As expected, there is no leftover of the meals, half of it was eaten by Kyuhyun and Changmin alone, who were eat like they were starving for years. Heechul also like that, leaving the two famous idol group’s chefs laughing at the antics. The five of them eat in happy moods, exchanging stories to live up the atmosphere.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Yunho walks slowly into his shared dorm with Changmin. The dim light from the wall lamp in living room let him know that Changmin must have gone to bed already. He opened the bedroom door of his dongsaengs, watching curiously at the peaceful sleeping figure that has smile plastered all over his face. he closed the door back and went to his own bedroom.

After placing his bags and jackets in his own bedroom, Yunho walks into the kitchen to drink. He saw a big paper bag on the tables, with a small piece of note stacked on it. Yunho grab his dring and sit at the table, reading the note which was written ‘ Done with love from someone special, you must eat it hyung – Changmin’.

Yunho smiled, wondering why the cheesy line was being used.  He pulled out one of the containers from the paper bag, thinking it must be Ryeowook who send it. Ryeowook used to send some of his cooking sometimes especially when Changmin begged for it.

However he found out another small letter flipped neatly on the containers. Curiously, he opened the letter and began to read it.

Yunho ah..long time no see. How are you?  Today I’ve met with Changmin at Suju dorm. Ryeowook was begging me to cook for Changmin, he said our maknae missed my cooking so much. I was reluctant at first, but when he tells about how Kyuhyun has been mention about being died suddenly while craving for something and regrets it, I was moved, and agreed to do it.

Changmin and I have talks a lot during the dinner. I know he was hoping for us to meet someday again as a complete group, but for now the time was not on our side. I don’t know if you are, but Yoochun ,Junsu and me really missed you two too. I must thank you for taking a good care at Changmin, he really become handsome nowadays.

 Oh..by the way, Changmin said you’re working hard right now, and sometimes skipped your meals.he mentioned that you’re losing weight and he worried that about you. You should watch your health too or your fans also will be worried. Works is important but your health is more important. I know who I am to lecture you right now, but I really hope you will take care of your health.

And this, I‘ve saved it earlier and tell Changmin to gave it to you. I hope you will enjoy the foods I’ve made. Till then, take care Yunho ah...gomawo.

-Jaejoong-

Yunho sniffed, trying to hold back his own tears. How long it has been since the group break up, and he honestly missed the other members too. He reached out for his phone, searching for the one number he has never called again but yet never deleted it. He type in a simple message and sent it before silently taking all the containers and his glass into his bedroom.

‘ Gomawo Jaejoong ah, for the foods...I’ll eat it deliciously...and.. I missed you guys too –Yunho’

*** flashback ***

It already midnight when the dinner had finished, and Changmin and Jaejoong excused themselves to part their own way. Jaejoong walks with Changmin until they are at the DBSK dorm.

“ Jae hyung, come in and stay with me for a while please?”, Changmin plead to Jaejoong, asking him to stay for a moment but the pretty male refused it.

“ Mianhe Minnie, hyung  doesn’t want to create any issue. What if somebody saw me in front of your dorm. I don’t want you and Yunho to get scolded later by SM”, Jaejoong ruffled Changmin’s hair when the taller man pouted, sulking with the rejection.

“ Are you sure because of it or you don’t want to meet Yunho hyung?”, Changmin asked, causing Jaejoong to widen his eyes in shock at the sudden question.

" Changmin ah...you know this is hard for both of us right? And as I said, I don't want you or Yunha to be scolded by SM if they found out we met", Jaeejong looks at the floor, feeling his chest tighten.

​" Ne...but I'm glad at least you and Heechul hyung were still hanging out, at least I can met you like this, although I really hope you will stay and met Yunho hyung too", Changmin hold his hyung's hand, eyes telling that he's honestly want it to happen.

“ Ah..Changmin ah...you know... when a very closed people had their biggest fight, there will have this awkward feeling left behind..but I still, and always care for you two, just remember it okay?”, Jaejoong looked at Changmin, hoping his precious dongsaengs would understand it.

“ Arraseo hyung, then I’m going in first”, Changmin nodded his head, then turning his back to unlock the door.

“ Wait, ermmm..please give this to Yunho hyung too”, Jaejoong grabbed Changmin’s hand, handing him the paper bag. He already packed some food for Yunho too.

“ Ne..hyung...gomawo..say hello to Junsu hyung and Yoochun hyung..hyung...Really...can we meet again someday, with five of us, heum?”,Changmin hugged Jaejoong again, before releasing it with heavy heart.

“ I can’t promise that, but maybe someday Changmin ah..maybe someday..”, Jaejoong smiled bitterly, waving at Changmin before wearing his hoodie and quietly disappeared into the corners.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mianhe for the lame ending *run and hide myself* I said only bit angst but somehow I feel it has become more angst than fluff.. Am I being depressed because having no internet at home?? erhhh~