Gala Night Part I

So It's You

“How about this dress?” “Too short.”

“Then what about this pink long dress?” “It’s… pink.”

“What about this one?” “It looks a little bit tight?”

“The dress on the mannequin looks okay.” “It costs a bomb.”

“Then, how about this?” “I don’t like green.”

“Come on Chae! I know you don’t want to go but you have to or mom is gonna kill me for this.” Chanyeol groaned as he sits on the couch. Two days to go before the Gala Night event is coming and since you are not really a fan of dresses and make ups, Chanyeol forced you to enter each and every store at one of his shopping places. “Yeol, can’t you just said I’m having a terrible cold at that day?” you whine. He sighed, “I can’t, and you have so much excuses already. I don’t think mom is gonna buy it anymore.” He shook his head and you sigh. “Let’s just do it in my way then.” He suddenly stand up and face you. “Do you want me to call Aunt Hae here? Or should I just bring one of the boys to pick one for you?” he innocently ask and you paled at his question. Aunt Hae is really close to your family and she is mom’s younger sister. She’s beautiful, lives in a comfortable classy mansion, marrying to a rich bachelor and wears stylish, chic and elegant clothes. She’s currently handling a boutique and famous spa in this country. Don’t forget that she wears too much make-up. It’s all about confidence in a women. She’s nice alright but the way she’s handling things are quite demanding and if she sets her eye on something she picks out, you must, oblige. Never say ‘no’ or you’ll be facing a very serious criticizes and being scolded for hours. Both Chanyeol and you have been there and both of you promised not to disappoint her.

“I’ll pick the second option.” You quickly said without hesitant. “”Fine. Let me call Kris. And I’ll make him sure you won’t escaping again.” He said sternly and you nodding in response. “I’ll be at the office if you need some help. Sorry, Chae.” He kissed your temple and off he go.

After a few minutes walking around the place waiting for Kris you decided to go for a drink and entering a café. After getting your drink and dessert your mind suddenly went to Chanyeol. He looks exhausted and stressed. *What do you expect? He is a CEO Chae-Young. There’s a lot going on in the company with the upcoming event and things to be taken care of and you just have to burden him with your childishness.* A voice said in your mind. Wow, I can’t believe I’m being y for this, you sigh and regretting of your attitude just now, you thought. “I should apologize later on.” You muttered.

A cup of coffee appears in front of you and some unknown guy sits across the table. “Mind if I sit here? I’m Lee Donghae.” You just looked at him. “I think you already know my name.” you said icily. “Well, you got me. I see you’re alone, Park Chae-Young. No friends?” “You sat before I could answer your question.” You snap after a few seconds. “I never knew you have a temper.” He is amused by your words. “I guess you didn’t know me very well then. I think you should go.” You manage to suppress your anger. “Ah, I see. You’re waiting for someone?” before you speak any further, a hand pulled your arm and block your view. “I don’t think it was any of your business who is she going out with.” The man who grabbed you said with a cold tone. “Well, if you excuse us..” he trailed off and just tug you with him.

“Thanks, Kris.” You mumble after both of you went out from the café. “Why do I always have to save you? Well, you are antisocial. That explains the wrinkles on your forehead.” You glared at his response. “Thank goodness he was speaking to me in public or else I’ll crush one of his assets.” You joked. He laughed at your reaction and pats your head. That’s a rarely sight for the staffs and people who know the Cold CEO. People who watch the scene is squealing madly at the rare sight of the cold Clairsentience’s CEO smiling with a girl. SMILING!!! Anyone can tell that the person right beside him is a special one. You rolled your eyes and take his arm, “Just help me pick a dress before mom comes home.” You grunted and muttered something under your breath.

 

“Yeol is supposed to be my partner but… why are you doing here?” You deadpanned at his arrival on your doorstep. “And you rang the bell.” You added, surprised to see him on the night of the Gala Night event.

Kai is preparing for tonight’s event when Chanyeol called him to be the ‘knight of the day’ for you. Chae-Young has been in a tight security for five years now. You don’t like having bodyguards around you. It makes you a weakling and helpless but you manage to convince your parents as well as all of them that you won’t need a bodyguard because you already knows a lot of self-defense movements. People shouldn’t have to know about it. But all of them suggested there should be at least one of them always be with her whenever you go if your manager isn’t with you. He is waiting for the front door to be opened, not barging in like he used to.

The moment you opened the door for him, take his breath away for a second. You are wearing an elegant long lavender strap dress with delicate beaded details on the waistline and your long hair that you usually tied in a ponytail falls beautifully below your shoulder. You rarely attend an event so it is a golden opportunity for the public to see you.

You feel uneasy wearing the dress so you laugh uncomfortably while trying to straighten the dress. “It feels weird wearing it.” You look at his outfit and feel your cheeks flushed at that moment. You couldn’t believe that Kim Jong In, your very best friend looks dashing in his black suit and finished with a bow. Of course, you wouldn’t say it out loud or that devilish smirk on his face will be seen continuously and he might be teasing you for admiring him. “You look… good.” You whispered but loud enough for him to hear it. Kai beamed at the comment but nodded. “I know.” You rolled your eyes at his cockiness. “Shall we go?” he held his arm and you take it after seeing him laugh. “Yes, we shall.”

Both of you have arrived and now standing near the entrance of the hall. Your eyes glancing around, as if you want to escape but unsure if that is the right thing or not as you tapped your foot continuously and Kai can feel you are anxious beside him. It is hard seeing you in attending some event and talking to people since you are quite an antisocial. He can see the way you heave a sigh. “Can’t we just enter for a while then go home.” You mumbled. “Don’t worry all of us will be there and your family is arrived already. I promise you that tonight is a very special night for you.” He assured you. “I doubt that.” You muttered under your breath but smiled innocently when he gave you the look.

The moment you enter the huge hall is the moment people set their eyes on both of you. You feel annoyed with the stares and almost ran out but Kai tugged at your arm telling you to smile. The elders were thinking exactly the same thing, both of you certainly fit well together. The ladies envious of the person stood smiling next to the inheritor of The KAIST Company. The men in the room also practically holding their breath seeing a stunning girl enter the hall. The place is beautiful and magnificent in some ways, the interior design made it simple yet it was elegant. You smiled at the decoration. You like it overall. There are many people attend to this event and expensive dresses and suits can be seen everywhere and the aura emitted from the people sure are different. Clearly this event are only for the rich people.

“I don’t really like this.” You muttered. “I know but we have to do this. Come. Try to smile. ” He whispered. Both of you saw the other boys and made your way them. Currently they are waving constantly make the girls even more envious because five dashing men are smiling at you while the girls practically failed talking to them unless it was business. But you weren’t aware because you are happy seeing them. “Looks like I did a great job in choosing the dress.” Kris proudly said as he looked at male’s reactions as you made your entrance. “Yeah, I guess. Thanks Yifan.” You hugged his arm. You know the limits and discipline whenever you are surrounded with rich people and tonight is one of the day you chose to you must follow them. “How is my girl?” a voice said next to Kris and you jumped in joy seeing him after not meeting him for a few months. “Joon Myeon-ya. Is that really you? Wow, I miss you.” You hold his arm and he chuckled at your actions. “Really, Chae, you handle everything pretty well don’t you?” you smiled innocently. Of course Kris told him everything. Joon Myeon or likely to be called, Suho is like the father of the group. He has the sweetest, most gentle personality you ever met, he has this kind of young prince look aura coming aura coming out from him and very polite among all of you. You kinda feel guilty since you were a troublemaker back then so he has to take care of everything you did. Last time you remember you almost got expel but luckily Suho helped you so owe him a lot.

“Yeap just leave everything to me.” You smugly said and Sehun knocked your head lightly. “Yeah right.” “Aish this guy!” you glared at Sehun who is laughing behind Tao.

You turned around and recognize your parents through the crowd of guests. Your mother wears a very elegant beige dress with a bun and your father in his fine looking suit standing, having conversation with Chanyeol and other guest. You told them that you’ll be with your family and walking towards them. “Good evening, Mom, Dad!” you speak and bowed respectfully when they both of them turned to see you. “Oh, Chae Young-ah~ you look so beautiful. I haven’t seen you in months.” your mother, Mrs. Park smiled embraced you in a hug, smiling at the sight of his daughter. The warm hug your mother give is the best hug. “How’s my daughter doing?” you father, Mr. Park asked you and pats your head. “I’m doing great here, dad. Don’t worry, Yeol and the others is making a good job in taking care of me.” You winked at Chanyeol and he laughed. “I’m sorry we were so busy.” Your mother hugged both Chanyeol and you again, and cupped your cheeks. “I can’t believe my daughter is fully grown up now.” You almost in tears if it weren’t for your Dad interrupting the moment. “Well, where does she have the looks from?” he joked. The four of you laugh merrily and soon you were being introduced to all of the guests tonight. You are beyond ecstatic when your parents told they will be staying here for a while so you decided to stay with them until they go for another business trips.

The whole night is really okay excluding you have to meet up with a lot of annoying and stuck up brats that trying to be friends with you. Obviously they weren’t even sincere when talking to you so you just walk away when they were gossiping and all. Chanyeol snickered when you went to him and he whispered, “Be nice.” “It’s not my fault that we were not in the same page.” You said nonchalantly and he took your arm to the boys. When both of you went to the boys and Suho, as a gentlemen, are having conversation with the females while you can spot Kris and Sehun with their expression when they were being circled by girls. You gave them a small wave and made a way towards to Tao. “Chae, they were so mean to me.” Tao pouted. “Tao I’m not even sure if you are 25.” You chuckled at him. “Hey it’s not my fault I’ve been spoiled too much.” He grinned innocently and you rolled your eyes. While you are chatting endlessly with Chanyeol, Tao and Lay, you noticed someone is missing. “Where’s Kai?” you asked as you looked around the hall and you laugh as you pointed at them at the sight of Kai’s poker face when he has the same situation as Kris and Sehun. “Save him.” Lay pushed you lightly. “He’s busy.” You told him. “He needs you.” Lay gave you a knowing smile and Chanyeol and Tao nodded, agreed what he said. “What is that supposed to mean?” you muttered but you went to Kai anyway. 


 

okay... so i had a hard time thinking here. looks like the story is quite....... cute-ish and fluff right? aiyaa but anyway since ive made it might as well just go with the flow~ T_T wish me luck!