Prologue

Once upon a Werewolf

Lay woke up due to the ringing of his alarm clock, he hadn’t really been sleeping well in the human world, for it was far too bright and noisy. He pressed the button of the alarm clock and sat up. Today, would be his first day and first time attending a human high school. He got up and changed into his uniform that had already been prepared for him earlier by the Goddess of Mercy, Angerona.

 

‘You really want to live in the human world instead of the forest?’ Angerona appeared in front of Lay, after he left a note on his bed and slipped out of the house.

 

‘Wh-Who are you?’ Lay stuttered, he was shocked to find a lady, shinning brightly, stood before him.

 

‘I’m the one who gave the twelve of you special power. I’m the Goddess of Mercy, Angerona. ‘She smiled at him and the light from her seemed to be even brighter when she did so.

 

‘How did you know that I’m about to leave here?’

 

‘I’m a Goddess. Of course I’ll know everything.’ She let out a melodious laugh. ‘So answer my question. Are you sure about this?’

 

‘Yes. I’m sure.’

 

‘Since you really want it, I’ll give you the permission to do so.’ She snapped her finger and a small bag appeared in front of Lay. ‘Now, in this bag you’ll find a passport, ID card, wallet, handphone, a set of keys and a guide book. These are the things that you’ll need as a human. I’m going to give you an apartment to live and you’ll have to attend school like all other human teenager. Just follow the light on the ground and you’ll find your apartment.’ She disappeared.

 

‘Wait!’ Lay cried but the surrounding was dark again, something different though, he was holding a bag.

 

Lay ate his breakfast, which consist of a baked chicken and left his apartment, locking the doors behind him. He walked to a large building where some bold words are printed on the wall of it, it read: SM HIGH SCHOOL (SEOUL)

 

_________________________________________________________

‘Guys! An emergency! Look at this!’ Xiumin passed Kris a small piece of paper.

 

To whoever who pick up this note.

 

I’ve left and I really wanted to try living off as a human. I’m sick of keep changing physically. Please tell my parents not to worry about me. I’ll be doing fine.

 

-Lay

 

 

‘Where the hell did you find this?’ Kris demanded, his hand crushed up the paper and it turned into dust.

 

‘His bed.’ Xiumin replied.

 

‘What’s going on?’ Kai asked, noticing that Kris was fuming early in the morning.

 

‘It’s Lay. He went to the human side and crossed the border. Inform his parents right now.’ Kris’s orbs were turning into the color of crimson red.

 

‘Uh-oh.’ Chen thought to himself. ‘Lay is in deep trouble.’

 

‘What? Lay is missing? He crossed the border?’ Lay’s mum stood by the door, still dressed in her apron. ‘Yeobo! Yeobo! Lay’s gone!’

 

‘Kris, go and get your grandfather now. We’ll summon all the other adults for a meeting.’ Lay’s dad appeared at the front door and commanded calmly, Kris obediently ran off, transforming into his form of wolf so that he could run faster.

 

By then, Lay’s dad had also transformed into his wolf form and he howled, and his howl echoed in the whole forest, the next minutes, a huge pack of wolf appeared and they transformed back into human.

 

‘Why the sudden summon?’ Sehun’s dad asked.

 

‘Everyone, my son, Lay, went over the border and entered the world of the human. We shall now all proceed to the main hall and seek advice from the presbyter on our next step so to prevent chaos and catastrophes from happening.’ Lay’s dad’s voice boomed and the rest of them nodded to agree.

 

‘Presbyter, can you please wisely advice us, what we can do now?’ Lay’ mum asked while seated at the long table.

 

‘It’s time to call upon the God of Justice, Zeus. He’ll give us the right direction.’ The ancient old man hold onto his staff so tightly his knuckles had turned ash white and his alert eyes looked at all the serious faces seated by the long meeting table.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Okay! One chapter up! How do you guys find this? Is it okay? Thanks for reading, subbing and even upvoting it. Do comment to let me know whether this is okay. :)

 

See you in the next chapter!

 

-Susana ^^