2

Promises Are Just Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinah saw a letter again on her desk. It was another contract. But not from the Jung's. It's from the HAN Group Inc. As Jinah felt the urgency to immediately forget the thought of Kris Wu getting married to  Jessica Jung, she decided to drink until the pain is over. But she wasn't really sure about it since there was no name indicated on the invitation. With tears, she drove all the way to the bar. When she got out of the car, she fixed her appearance to make sure she looked appropriate. She got in the bar, sat on the spinning chair and ordered a wine. She thought it would be enough to sweep the memories in her mind. Unfortunately, it can't. After uncorking the wine, he held the champagne glass and poured wine in it. She drank quite a few times. But instead of escaping her memories, it seems as if her memories lingered more. Including the pain. The feeling she thought the wine would wipe away remained.

Stood on a black coat, a man named Luhan approached Jinah. He saw her bawling her eyes out as if there was no tomorrow. *Maybe she needs my help?* He came towards her and then sat. Smiling, he then ordered Bacardi 151 and started drinking with her. 

''I suppose you're very sad?'' Luhan asked, staring at the crying lady.

Jinah wiped her tears and replied ''You don't say?'' then rolled her eyes. Luhan swallowed. 

She completely forgot she wore non-waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Jinah looked like a panda. So she hid and burrowed her face in her hands. 

''Why are you even here? Why are you talking to me? Are you stalking me? Are you an agent or something?'' She bombarded Luhan with questions out of curiosity and fear.

''Take it easy. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm nice!'' He answered.

''And how am I gonna make sure you're not lying?'' She protested and took another shot. 

''I came here ... because I just want to forget such terrible past.'' He mumbled without a trace of happiness on his face.

''How is that even related to what I was asking you?'' She argued. 

''Because I think you also came here because you want to forget something.'' He replied back.

''That's ... well ... right.'' She said while stuttering.

''I just broke up with my girlfriend this morning. I caught her cheating on me. Using me for money and she just ran away with another guy. I couldn't fight back because I'll just turn out to be pathetic.'' Luhan laughed to the story that's ought to be sad. 

''Life. Do you know what? Stop going back to the one who brings you more pain than happiness. It's not worth it to continue to invest your feelings into so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter