18

What Matters

 

 

Inhye bowed politely as Mr. Kim stepped in the room.

“Ah, it’s the pretty doctor, but what could you be doing with this useless son of mine?” He chuckled heartily before shaking Inhye’s hand.

“Nice to see that you’re healthy, Mr~”

“Uncle.” He finished for her, Inhye nodded, her cheeks turning pink.

“I didn’t know about Jinguk’s daughter, but…I’m please to see you.”

“Did you know my father?” Inhye asked.

“We went to the same academy and high school together. I watched your two siblings grow.”

“Which reminds me, Inhye, where did you study?” Mrs. Kim asked, even Kai looked up.

“I…had my primary education here, then Harvard for med school, then I came back here on haraboji and appa’s wishes.” She nodded.

“But you look so young, younger than Kai even.”

Inhye bit her lip, she didn’t like talking about her education and how she skipped years.

“I got..into college when I was twelve.” She said quietly, Kai sensing her fidgeting, chuckled.

“Enough about Inhye, can we eat now?”

 

“How was it?” Kai asked as they got in the lobby.

“Your mom cooks well. I’m envious.” She replied before pressing on the elevator button.

“How…about your..mom?”

“My eomma..she died while giving birth to me, so, I see… Siwon oppa’s eomma as my eomma too.” She nodded.

“Auntie loves you a lot, I can see that.” Kai replied.

“Yeah, up to the point of filling my room with clothes every week. Too much.” Inhye murmured.

“But, thanks for coming tonight, Inhye.”

“Thanks for giving the taste of my first controversy of being together with a known CEO at night.” She grinned as they stepped in the machine.

 

“That was…a mouthful, but true.” Kai narrowed his eyes playfully before gesturing for her to step out from the machine.

“I feel like my brothers are going to~” Inhye balked, there were two guys standing across her door.

Kai bit his lip and looked away.

Nichkhun looked at his sister questioningly while Daehyun eyed Kai briefly before meeting eyes with her.

“Now, knowing that you were just with Kai while not answering your phone, I forgive you for that.” Khun started.

“We ate dinner hyung.” Kai nodded.

“I know, good.”

“Oppa, Daehyun-ah.” Inhye looked up.

“Here.” Daehyun handed her a red paper bag.

“I just wanted to give you this, good night.” Daehyun squeezed her shoulder before leaving.

Kai eyed the two siblings before walking to his door.

“Wait, Kai, come with us.” Khun sighed before pushing his sister to key in her passcode.

 

 

“That was the ex, if possible keep him away from Inhye or the other way around.” Khun stated as they stepped in the house, he continued to talk as he walked to the kitchen.

“Take a seat.” Inhye sighed and gestured for Kai to sit down.

“Oppa, Kai’s not my bodyguard, and, Daehyun just passed~”

“So you know that he’s back, you met him already beforehand?” Khun asked as he returned with a glass of water.

Kai grew amused, he never saw the older male’s stern side.

“I did~”

“Choi In~ani, Lee Inhye!”

“Wae?” Inhye managed to whine.

“Why would you meet that person?!”

“Oppa, I just got home, late at night with Kai, are you not even bothered about it?” Inhye groaned.

“Kai didn’t hurt you!”

Kai looked away. Inhye sighed.

“We..just talked, okay? Nothing else, then after that I was with Kim Jongin.” Inhye looked away.

“About that, hyung called, that…rumor’s fixed already, though haraboji and,” Khun glanced at Kai who was quietly sitting down.

“,your parents seem to like it.”

Inhye walked to her room and shut the door behind her.

 

 

“Good night, Kim Jongin, get out Oppa!” She called from behind the door.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++