Chapter 2

Oath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night before her arrival.

At the other side of the globe, life was peaceful this night. The Lee family were scattered around the large mansion, busying themselves with work. The youngest Lee, Jeremy was with his mother in the living room, studying english. "Mommy, does that mean that Jay gets to speak english everyday?"the young boy asked his mother. "Well of course, they are in America and will be back tomorrow," Jessica answered her son's question at ease. Behind them was her daughter, Giselle, rushing her assignment for her university project. Giselle was a bright child, blessed with her mothers beautiful looks and her fathers kind-hearted personality. She was in her first year of university, and months later, she would be taking another major exam.

"So mommy, Stephie's family would be back tomorrow right?"her daughter asked her mother, sipping on her cup of tea. Her brother, who was walking down the stairs skipped off the steps hurriedly, landing on the wooden ground with a loud thud. "Stephie is back tomorrow? Since when? Mom, why did'nt you tell me?"Hernry run a hand over his brown hair, exasperated. His brows were deeply knitted, blaming his mother for receiving the news late. "Hello, mom said it this morning. You was'nt listening because you were busy with Aunt Yoona's daughter,"Giselle snapped, giving her brother a look, "Oh! you two would finally meet after twelve years of seperation ." "Shut up,"Henry picked up a box of tissue and threw it across the living room. "Henry,"his mother shot him a glare for which he avoids his eye contact by looking at his sister. "Twelve years was a long wait. Who knows she might already have a boyfriend in the states? and please, dont ever put me and Kayle together," Henry sat down on the sofa, flipping channels on the TV aimlessly. "What. Kayle treats you like an emperor. She adores you soooooo much does'nt she? Am i right mom?"Giselle looked over at her mother, receiving a chuckle in return. "I am sure your precious brother still saves a space for that special girl out there,"Jessica smiled at his son. "There's no show on the TV, im going up,"Henry switched off the TV before proceeding upstairs.

He entered his own space, closing the door behind him. Opening the cover of his laptop, he sunk down on his bed, moving his mouse as he scrolled theough the emails she had sent him the past years. "How are you? Are you busy? Why are'nt you replying my mail?" "Did you receive this email? I hope you are doing just fine?" "Merry Christmas." "Happy Birthday Henry, hope you received the present." All these mails flooded his inbox but he did'nt care. That was what he needed. After seven years, he was starting to lose hope in everything. Life without her was just different, he had many friends in his school but he did'nt know if they were real. He got into fights often and his grades were deteriorating. They were just after his fame and fortune due to his parents status in society. Everything was just too hard for him to handle. "I am sorry for not replying your mail,"he murmured, clutching onto the gold necklace that he wanted to give her when she leave. But he could'nt. He missed the flight timing. Park JinYoung was the cause, for everything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back to reality.

"Jinyoung?"

"Hey Stephie. Welcome back to Seoul!" the eldest Park enveloped the younger girl into a big hug,"I am truly sorry for bumping into you." Giving him a reassuring smile, she replied," accidents do happen right?" The two laughed as they made their way to the ballroom. Stephies eyes were still glued onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter