Just Another Best friends Story

Just Another Best friend Story

“Donghae and I are official!” Jessica jumps happily in front of Yuri. The girl couldn’t hold the joy as she announces the news to her best friend.

Yes, best friend.

I’m just that to her.

Jessica and I knew each other since we’re in diapers. Well I’m two years older. Our moms are best friends as well since they were in college and heck they even joked about getting us married as soon as we reached the legal age.

I wish that wasn’t a joke.

Going back to this bad news that my beloved best friend just said

I should prepare myself to another nightmare, painful, miserable, and the entire worst adjective that the dictionary could offer “moment” that I’m about to face. I could feel my chest tightens as I tried not to tear up.

Hell yeah I’m in pain!

I love her!

I started to feel something for her back when she was thirteen, I was fifteen.

“Oppa!”

I stopped walking upon hearing Jessica’s voice echoing in the hallway in our school.

“Oh here comes your little best friend.” One of Yuri’s classmates teased.

“Stop it!” He punched the boy’s shoulder lightly feeling a little irritated. He just hates it when they make fun of Jessica. He looks to the little girl and bent down a little and smiles at her.

“Hey Sica what can I do for you?”

Jessica returns the smile and showed a paper to him. It’s an invitation.

“I was asked to perform in our program this Friday. You’re coming right?” Jessica has this hopeful look in her face while waiting for his response.

“Hmmmm. Let’s see.” Yuri looks away.

“Opppaaaaa…” Jessica whines cutely. Yuri laughs heartily at the girl’s cuteness. He fixed her bangs and smiles at her.

“Of course I’m coming! I wouldn’t miss my best friend’s performance.” Yuri said sincerely.

“YAAAAY!” Jessica jumps and hugs him.

“Yuri~ah our class is about to start!” An irritated voice interrupted their little celebration. It was Kahi, Yuri’s classmate who has a crush on him.

Jessica’s face crumpled then whispers to Yuri.

“I really don’t like her Oppa don’t get too close to her okay?” Jessica reminded him like a mother.

Yuri let out a silent laugh then whispers back. “Got it.” He stood straight then patted her head.

“Go back to class.”

 Keudae nae son jabajundamyeon

Nae-ge I geochin sesangdo bomnal gateunkeol

 How great is your love (Oh yeah whoa)

How great is your love…..”

Yuri watches Jessica’s performance not taking his eyes off her. He was too surprised to see her a while ago looking so different. She’s wearing a beautiful gown with a light make up applied on her innocent face. Her hair was done in big curls. She looks so beautiful. She looks like a woman.

“Kamsahamnida..”

He hears the crowd’s applause after Jessica’s song had ended. Then a man’s figure appeared beside the stage escorting Jessica down. He felt an irritation rising up so he steps up and walks towards them. Jessica noticed his presence and smiles brightly at him.

“Oppa!” Jessica bows to the boy who escorted her and thanked him. It was Jessica’s classmate.

“You’re welcome Jessica, I’ll see you around.” The boy said trying to look cool in front of her making Yuri hissed in annoyance. His gaze follows the boy who’s now walking away.

“What’s with the frown? You didn’t like my performance?”

Yuri didn’t answer still looking at the boy.

“Are you jealous?”

Yuri looks back to Jessica with a confused expression. He doesn’t know what he feels. He just hates it when the boy looks at her that way, when the boy held her elbows and escorted her, he doesn’t like the thought of someone liking her and her liking them back. He hates it. So if that counts as jealous so be it!

“I’m sorry if I didn’t wait for you to me.” She said in an aegyo voice while waving her hands in front me. I probably looked like spacing out.

“What?” Yuri asked.

“You’re angry because I asked you to me but believe me Donghae came out of nowhere and guided me down. I wasn’t expecting it either.” Jessica explained.

“Donghae?”

“Yeah you remember him? He was my classmate back in middle school!” Jessica said excitedly.

“Uh.. yeah.” Yuri said bitterly. “This makes things worst.”

“In fact he wants to see you. So we’ll be having a dinner tomorrow night! You’re coming right?”  Jessica has this hopeful look again which never fails to make him agree.

“Damn how can I say no to that? But if I go it’s like committing suicide!”

“Oppaaaaa!!”

Yuri stood up and heads to the window overseeing the busy city of Seoul, his back facing Jessica as he felt his chest tightens once again.

“Yeah…” He said as he shuts his eyes tightly.

“Yay!” He heard the girl cheers then felt a bump on his back. She was back hugging him.

“Thank you oppa! You’re the best!”

“Don’t cry Yuri. Not in front of her.”

Yuri felt Jessica released the hug.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then! Bye oppa!”

He didn’t bother to look back and see her for the nth time walking away from him going on other man’s arms. He let the tears flows freely from his eyes.

“Yuri, you’ve been here before. You can get through this.”

Just then his phone rang. He heads to the table and picks up the phone,

“Hello?” Yuri answered but he just heard squealing girls from the back ground.

“Care for a drink?” He heard the concerned tone from the other line.

“Very much needed Taeng.” Yuri said in between his sobs.

….

 There he is again drowning himself in alcohol trying to wash away the unbearable pain he’s feeling. He’s been there for a lot of times but he never got used to it. Every time Jessica falls he breaks. Every time Jessica breaks he breaks even more. When Jessica is happy he’s in pain but if Jessica’s in pain he dies. He doesn’t know why his heart doesn’t get numb with all of these.

“You’re not going to be a zombie again right?” Taeyeon asked.

“No. I might kill myself this time.”

Yuri earned a smack in the head with his response.

“Seriously none of these will happen if you just confess.”

“Heck I tried to! But every time I do she’ll pop out this “Oh- guess –what- I’m officially –in- a -relationship thingy”!” Yuri leaned back harshly at the couch they were seating at.

“Because you’re so fond of this “oh-I’m-waiting-for-the-perfect-timing thingy! Seriously buddy your timing failed consecutively why not try another style?”

Yuri did not respond and just stares at nowhere.

“Don’t wait for the wedding announcement Yuri.”

Yuri slumps his body on the couch while taking off his necktie. He just got off from work and he is very tired.

It’s been three months since the dinner with Jessica and Donghae.

Three months that Jessica didn’t call, text, or visit him. Well not really “didn’t” because she did called me thrice and we saw each other “accidentally” at the mall with Donghae of course. She said “hi” then “see you some other time”. After that. Nothing. She neglected me.

Jessica holds onto the microphone while looking at me. She smiled to me and started saying her speech.

It was my 21st birthday and we’re having a huge celebration in the hotel owned by my family. And Jessica being my best friend surprised me with a speech.

“To my great, awesome, handsome best Oppa.” Jessica started and Yuri couldn’t help but chuckles at her opening remark.

“There’s nothing I could say but thank you. To start with, for lending me your toys when I don’t feel like playing with my Barbie dolls, for leaving your boy playmates to play with the whining little girl which is me, for wiping dirt on my knees when I fell down, for treating my wounds, for taking the blame whenever I break my mom’s vases.”

Laughter filled the hall and Yuri shook his head while smiling.

“For appreciating me, for being there in every performance I make, for lending your shoulders and comforting me when I got hurt, for protecting me, for not failing me when I ask for favors, for putting me first even if you have a girlfriend. And for always being there as fast as the lighting whenever I call, thank you oppa for being there. Thank you for the love.”

“I promise to not leave you either no matter what.”

“What happened Sica? Where are you now?” Yuri shuts his eyes tightly as the tears flows continuously from his eyes.

“How great is your love…” Yuri started singing the song that made him realize his feelings towards Jessica.

“So stupid. Yuri are so stup…”

Yuri stopped scolding himself when he heard his phone ringing. He reached for his phone on his pocket and furrowed his brow while looking at the screen. It was Jessica calling.

“Speaking of my beloved best friend, what is it this time huh Sica?” Yuri talked to the gadget as if it will answer him back.

“Oh wait. Are they?”

It was exactly the sixth month since he last talked to Jessica, apparently the girl is very busy with her new boyfriend Taecyeon. It has always been the scenario when Jessica’s in a relationship. She won’t even spend a second with him which he understands since he knows Jessica gives her all when in a relationship.

Yuri gets up from the bed but sat down again holding his head. Yeah, hangover, he drank a whole barrel of beer last night. Well that’s exaggerating but he sure did drink a lot since Jessica announced her relationship. He drinks every day, he replaced milk for beer, he cheated on his favorite MA juice for beer, and coffee break is now beer break. He is wasted. By I’m still handsome! The world will end but not my handsomeness. Hehe. Yeah Yuri, see how pathetic you are? Trying to lift up the mood by yourself?  It’s crazy right?

Yuri heads to the kitchen and opens the fridge. Searching for beer of course! Unfortunately my babies are gone? Oh yesssh. I finished them last night. He moves his feet back to the bedroom to freshen up as he decided to go out and buy beer. After getting dressed he heads to the door and got surprised by a figure standing outside.

“Are you going out?”

Yuri didn’t move and just stares at the person, wondering.

“Yeah, I ran out of supplies.” Yuri lied.

“Great.” Yuri gasps when he heard the voice cracks indicating cries.

 “Can you buy me beer?” The person hugged him tightly and cries on his chest.

“God Sica what happened?” He caresses her back trying to calm her down.

“We broke up.”

Yuri prepares himself wishful thinking that his hunch is true. He pressed the answer button and greeted her with a comforting tone.

“Yes Sica?”

Yuri could hear his heart beating frantically while waiting for Jessica’s voice.

“Oppaaaa.!”

But instead she sounds very happy and excited. He closed his eyes praying she won’t say the worst thing he could ever hear.

“Ohh?” Yuri replied.

“I’m getting married.” Jessica squealed from the other line.

“God kill me now.” 

..

 

 

Cliffhanger? keke

comment if you want this to be two shots.

it's your choice. :)

Or if I get a looottttt of comments then I'll probably make this on going with 20 chapters? 

so yeah. *evil grin.

byeeeeeeeeee