Only You

Only You

bT*xJmx*PTEyODg5MzQ*NTMyMjImcHQ9MTI4ODkz
MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

 

||x♥x||x♥x||x♥x|| 

 

The cold, poignant rain poured heavily outside the window and each rain drop that hit against the pane seemed so heavy that it made a not so soft thud against the glass. I let out a soft sigh as I sat on the windowsill, watching everything outside get soaked by the cold rain. My breath fogged up the glass pane before me and a small faint smile spread across my calm façade as I lifted a finger and drew it across the moisten glass. “Cute~” I hummed carefully as a smiling face appeared before me in the glass pane and like everything that seem so good for us humans; it slowly wilted away like my memories. How nostalgic.

A sigh escaped my quivering lips as it vanished completely before my eyes, I averted my gaze back outside, watching the puddle on the ground outside ripple and splash as the heavy raindrops hit it. Somewhere by the bushes, a butterfly fluttered its wings desperately trying to escape the ominous downpour however; it’ll falter once a raindrop hit its pretty yet frail wings. It’s a pity to see such a beauty strain for its life so dreadfully while I sat there and watched the world change before me, waiting for every bit of my precious memory be taken away by this disease that had struck upon me.

Every day I wake up with a pounding headache and tears dried up on my cheeks and the next thing I knew, another memory was stolen away from me. Every day I grow weaker as time slowly stole my life away along with my memories. I can’t do anything to make things better for me and every day; I try to make a new memory with everyone dear to me using a camera to capture memories in a picture instead of my brain.

Maybe, just maybe through this I won’t be able to forget however, fate is just too cruel. I can’t remember who those people smiling in that photograph with me are anymore. I don’t know what happiness and sadness are anymore, anyways. They all are strangers to me now. I can’t even recognize myself anymore. Every time I’ll look at my reflection in the mirror, I’d wonder who that girl in front of me is.

My heart withered painfully as each memory vanish without me knowing it, the smiles on the faces of the people that were so dear to me fade as well along with my memories and those sweet smiles were replaced with hot and painful tears. The next morning I’ll forget how to smile and then the next, I don’t know how to cry anymore making me wonder when will I, forget how to breathe as well.

The door creaked open and a silhouette of a tall man with a strong built appeared by the door, I squinted my eyes just a little and tilted my head a bit to the side as well to see the figure more clearly and finally, the man walked closer. He was frowning, eyes glistened with anguish and I felt a tug on my heartstrings at the sight of his pitiful expression. I frowned as well as I watched him kneel before me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked gently, my eyes watching his beautiful saddened visage. He seemed so perfect, like an angel in disguise. I wonder why he’s so sad.

The man placed his hands on mine, they were warm and they felt good on my cold skin. He forced a fake smile and looked up at me. I can tell he’s holding back the tears that were welling up his restless eyes. He gently shook his head and let out a pained sigh.

“How are you?” he asked softly.

“I’m fine.” I replied with a smile, “And you?” I asked back.

“I’m…” he sighed and looked down on our linked hands while he bit on his bottom lip. “Fine too.” He breathed out heavily, uncertainty clear in his shaking voice. He then stood up and sat beside me on the windowsill as he kept his hands around mine.

“Do you still remember me then?” he asked, his tone hopeful. I can sense the strong will in his deep voice though it fractured as he tried his hardest to pronounce each word right.

I shook my head and kept my gaze on him, “No.” I plainly replied, “Who are you?” I asked, tilting my head a bit to the side and finally, he can’t hold back his tears anymore and it streamed down feverishly on his flushed cheeks. I reached a hand to wipe it against one side of his face however, the tears kept streaming down his already soaked cheeks. His hands started to tremble against mine and I frowned as I looked back outside the window.

“Do we know each other before?” I asked quietly and he just nodded in reply. His soft sob became a bit louder and I can tell he was going through hell just by talking to me though, I don’t understand why. Why is he crying?

“Are we close?” I asked again as I kept my eyes pinned outside of the window.

“Yes.” He replied quietly in between his tears, “I’m…” he mumbled, squeezing my hands a bit. “I’m…your…fiancé, MinAh. It’s me…Taecyeon.” He tried, his voice almost pleading for me to remember who he was. His grip on my hand tightening as his tears seemed to flow heavier as each second passed by.

I finally faced him, staring at his face and trying desperately to remember but to no avail. My head started to hurt again and I quickly pulled my hands away from his to clasp on my painfully throbbing head. It hurts. It hurts a lot.

“MinAh?” he frowned, “MinAh, what’s wrong?” he panicked as I kept holding on my head, gripping it tightly as if doing so would take the splitting pain away. My head felt like its being hammered hard repeatedly.

“M-my head.” I tried, struggling the words out before a loud scream of pain escaped my throat. “It hurts!” I cried out, my body trembling violently as I panted.

“I’ll call Junsu, I’ll be right back!” he stood up and dashed out of my room, screaming and calling out for help.

I watched his figure fade away behind the wooden door as my visions started to blur, tears flooding out of my eyes before my vision finally turned completely blank. I felt my body hitting the hard carpeted floor of my room as I heard the thud of my head hitting on it as well. I heard footsteps getting closer and familiar voices of two men calling out frantically at me, shaking my limp body. I tried opening my eyes but it kept lidded and finally, the voices vanished as well.

||x♥x||x♥x||x♥x||

“Has she wakened up yet?” Junsu wondered as he stared at you as you lie on the hospital bed limply.

Taecyeon shook his head sadly as he held on your hand with an IV injected on the back of it. He clenched his teeth as he tried to keep himself from crying once again. “No, she hasn’t.” He muttered quietly, brushing some stray locks of your soft hair gently away from your serene face with his other hand.

Junsu nodded a bit and leaned his back on the wall, watching the two of you quietly and trying his best not to cry as well despite knowing the cruel fate of his poor sister.

“What did the doctor say?” Taecyeon then asked, keeping his eyes pinned on you as he kept on holding on your hand as if by doing so, you’ll be healed.

Junsu’s eyes wandered nervously to the ground as he remained silent for a while. “…the tumor had already taken over her brain.” He muttered with a heavy sigh. “T-they…they said…they can’t do anything about it anymore.” He frowned, biting down on his lip as he spoke. “T-they said…it’s only a matter of time before…before she leaves us.” his voice shattered along with his heart. How could this happen? Why to you? Why you of all people?

Hearing Junsu, his best friend’s words made his ear hurt however the pain he felt splitting his heart and shattering it to pieces cannot be compared to it. “No!” he shook his head. “No…” he broke down, “NO!” he yelled standing up from his seat and grabbing Junsu by the collar and glaring at him, his hands shaking violently as tears flooded his face. “T-that’s…that’s a lie Junsu…Tell me you’re lying!” Taecyeon cried out, begging. “Please…” he muttered as he fell down on his knees. There’s only a week left before your marriage, why now?

Junsu shook his head and frowned, finally breaking down with him. “I…I’m sorry Taec.” He tried, lowering himself down as he placed a trembling hand on Taecyeon’s shoulder. “But…it’s true, I…I didn’t want to believe it either but…we have to take it…” he said, trying his hardest to calm the other man down.

“I know it’s hard, It’s harder for me though…MinAh’s my sister…I love her as much as you do and it hurts a lot for me to lose the only person I have left but do you think she’ll be able to die peacefully if you act like this? Grow up Taecyeon! You need to be strong!” Junsu said through clenched teeth. “We can’t let her see we’re crying…I want her to smile before she leaves us…so please…smile for her…even for the last time…Please Taec…” he begged.

Taecyeon shook his head, holding his head while he cried his shattered heart out. “I…I can’t accept this Junsu! Never! I don’t want her to die! I DON’T!” he cried out.

“T-Taecyeon?” a faint voice called out from behind them and Taecyeon quickly turned around to find you watching them weakly. You lifted a hand out, reaching out to him before you forced your pale lips into a faint smile.

“M-MinAh!” he stammered as he ran to your side and holding your hand carefully. “MinAh, you remember me?” he asked, a smile appeared across his soaked face.

You nodded a little, “You told me your name a while ago, right? I don’t know when I’ll forget it so I’m going to call your name while I still can.” you hummed softly, a tear falling out of your eye. “Taecyeon-ah…” you mumbled weakly, your pale lips quivering as you closed your eyes gently, tears flooding out of them.

Taecyeon watched you quietly, reaching a hand to wipe your tears away. “It’s okay…don’t cry.” He whispered, placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

You smiled feeling his soft lips against your skin and you breathed out a shaky breath before you finally opened your eyes once again to look at him. “I…I feel numb.” you muttered in between your tears, you weren’t sure what expression to show him.

Junsu just watched quietly by the corner of the room as he cried quietly, hands curling into fists as he bit his lip while Taecyeon listened carefully to your every word.

“My heart…” you mumbled, placing a hand over it. “I can feel it throb painfully though.” You said as a frown drew out across your face, “It hurts…but the rest of my body feels so numb.” You said with a sigh.

“MinAh.” Taecyeon called out as he kissed your forehead once again, “I…love you…I love you MinAh-yah.” He cried out softly, holding tightly on your hand.

You smiled gently and nodded a little, “Mmm. I know…” you hummed in reply, “I can feel it.” you continued, closing your eyes once again.

“I love you too.” You finally said, “At least…I somehow remember that I used to say that to you.” You smiled, “For some reason, my heart seems to remember you clearly when my mind is starting to forget about you.” You spoke, chuckling weakly.

“I remember…when you smile, I can’t help but smile too.” You said and opened your eyes before glancing over him.

“So…please Taecyeon-ah.” You breathed out, “Please smile for me again.” You said, cupping his face with a hand and brushing your thumb against his soft and soaked cheek. “I want…to see you smile.” You muttered weakly, “Please…” you begged in a soft and shaky voice.

Taecyeon bit his lip and nodded, taking a deep breath before smiling sweetly at you even though tears continued to flood down his cheeks, his smile was genuine despite the pain throbbing harshly against his chest.

And you smiled back at him, weakly. “Thank you.” You mouthed carefully before you turned your gaze over at your brother.

“You’re…my brother right? I don’t remember your name but I recognize you as my brother.” You mumbled and Junsu just nodded, lowering his gaze not wanting you to see him crying.

“Yes.” He sighed, “Its Junsu, MinAh-yah.” He replied, forcing up a smile, “Don’t forget that brat-“he tried to chuckle but ended just breaking down more. “I…I’m sorry…” he cried, covering his mouth with a hand.

Seeing him like that brought a frown over your face however you still nodded, “Junsu~” you repeated saying his name, watching the older man with a faint smile on your face. “You shouldn’t cry!” you exclaimed. “Don’t you always tell me crying is for weak people only?” you tried and let out a faint giggle.

Junsu bit his lip as his tears just seemed to become heavier listening to your words, “Don’t say that, idiot.” He hissed and looked away and you huffed at him for calling you an idiot but you felt the affection nonetheless and so you let your heavy eye lids fall shut once again.

“I…I’ll remember- with my heart.” You said before flashing them your last smile. “I promise…” you hummed before the heart rate monitor went off and a loud beeping sound echoed in the room.

“M-MinAh!” Taecyeon panicked when the loud beeping sound from the heart rate monitor went off. “N-No! NO! Please! No!” he cried out as he shook you gently. “MinAh! MinAh!” he called out as he continued to shake you, “Wake up, please…please wake up…you…y-you can’t…no!” he cried out as he buried his face on the crook of your neck, shaking your limp and cold body once again.
“Taecyeon! Stop it!” Junsu yelled as he fell on the couch behind Taecyeon, burying his face in his hands. “Shaking her won’t bring her back to life.” He said through his sobs.

Taecyeon grasped you in his arms, “I love you. I love you so much!” He cried out as he rocked you gently in his strong arms. “I…I’ll never forget you…I promise.” 

||x♥x||x♥x||x♥x||