XOXO- D.O. PART 1

XOXO- SHORT STORIES
XOXO- D.O. PART 1
 
D.O.'S POV
 
"Neh... annyeonghaseyo... Gong Minji-imnida! Please take care of me!" 
 
 
I heard her introduce herself, she was still catching her breath... to tell you honestly she didn't command attention when she stood there in the middle of the stage while waiting for her cue. She was just standing there, no beginning stance or whatsoever... didn't she learn anything the whole school year, to be able to become a performer, your presence must command attention the moment you step on stage.
 
 
Although, I have to give her props for her outfit... very few girls can carry a suit... and she is wearing one! Hmmm, interesting!
 
 
As I was looking at her, I find her presence blah, I told this to Chanyeol and he just rolled his eyes upward towards me,
 
 
"Pshhh, Soo-ah... you are one to talk! You were just like her the first time I saw you perform... standing stiffly on stage... your hands can be seen shaking and even your voice had that vibrato due to your nervousness... give her a chance... she's gonna do both singing and dancing... so it's a bit hard!" 
 
 
Wow! She is gutsy... really... tackling two arts at the same time... singing and dancing... let's see how this girl fares.
 
 
Then... the music slowly plays... Ahhhh... Taeyang's Only Look At Me... then as I shifted my attention towards her, it was as if she was a different person altogether!
 
 
I was sorry for bad mouthing her and downsizing her, cause the moment the music played... her stage presence was there BAM! She caught my attention already. I can't take my eyes of off her.
 
 
The way she stands there in the middle of the stage... the way she flicks her coat and her stare... it's as if I turned into a fangirl wanting to scream and shout her name... 
 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcLJYeGWZI- ONLY LOOK AT ME, MINZY VERSION
 
 
"I can't let you go... you gotta..." 
 
 
 
Then the start of the first verse, out came one male dancer to dance with her, it was just like how Taeyang would perform it... but with her own flavor and confidence.
 
 
 
Her voice was so stable... I can't imagine she's just a freshman! Are there classes about controlling your breathing while dancing! 
 
 
 
Then when she moved towards the third male dancer, doing that body wave while kneeling... I was thinking how it would look like performing it together with her... I am not bad at dancing... in fact Kai has complimented me about it.
 
 
 
The whole performance my eyes were glued on her every move and I was all ears to her singing! Although the piece didn't really showcase her singing voice and there was a bit lacking of expression but overall the performance was really great.
 
 
 
I admire how she moved and kept her voice to stable. Her presence on stage was different when performing. When the song was finished, it was like there was a switch on her and she was back again to being her normal self.
 
 
 
She was smiling and looking around the professors present and even to us who were situated up the balcony. 
 
 
 
Our eyes met and I was shocked at it... I didn't know why my heart beat was so fast, I clutched my chest and hid my face with my one hand.
 
 
 
As I tried to peek through my fingers, I saw her also shying away from my gaze.
 
 
 
"Alright Ms. Gong... it seems you have planned the whole concept of your stage... are the other dancers your friends?" one professor asked
 
 
"Neh!" I heard her answer as she bowed and getured for her friends to come join her.
 
 
 
"Very well then... compared to your audition performance last year and this year... you pass Ms. Gong Minji! Welcome to your Sophomore Year!" the terror professor uttered while clapping his hands.
 
 
I was shocked to hear that professor clap! He was a terror to us and here I am seeing him giving praises to this wonderful girl. Is that the power of Gong Minji.
 
 
 
"Yah! You should go there and ask her to be your partner... she is the only one left!" Chanyeol nudged me as I broke my trance and hurriedly went down towards the proffesor.
 
 
 
"Mr. Song!" I called out to the terror professor
 
 
 
"Oh... Kyungsoo-ah! Is she your pick then... cause there are no other choices!" Mr. Song smiled as he gave me a pat in the back
 
 
 
"Ah neh... she's good!" I told him the truth
 
 
 
"Yeah, she's the most promising freshman this year, you are lucky to get her. You will find that you have similarities with her, now go to her and introduce yourself then! I'm off..." Mr. Song stated as he showed me the way to where Minji was.
 
 
 
I got out of the auditorium together with Chanyeol heading to the direction where Minji was. When we were nearing her...
 
 
 
"Wah! Kamsahamnida oppa! I owe you one!" I heard her say as she bowed to the three male dancers 
 
 
 
"It's nothing Minzy! Keep it up! You are going to be great! Congratulations!" one of them greeted
 
 
 
"See you around!" the other one added
 
 
 
"Annyeong!" I heard her wave goodbye..
 
 
 
AHEM AHEM
 
 
 
"Omo!" she said as she spun towards our direction, she was shocked to see us and more likely, she was shocked to see me approaching her.
 
 
 
As we were nearing her, I couldn't really put it into words, but it was as if I was beginning to get shy... I didn't realize that we were standing there with awkward silence until Chanyeol spoke up.
 
 
 
"So... you are Gong Minji right?" 
 
 
 
"Neh!" she smiled, now why do I wish that that smile should have been meant for me?
 
 
 
"I am Park Chanyeol, incoming 4th year and this is... D.O." 
 
 
 
"Neh... annyeonghaseyo... Do..." I began
 
 
 
"Do D.O.?" Minji uttered confused, I shook my head vigorously, I hate it when they call me that! ARGH! But why does it seem like music to my ears when she says it... 
 
 
 
Yah, Kyungsoo-ah... get a hold of yourself... you are a third year... a senior to her.. stop acting to immaturely!!!
 
 
 
"Ani... my name is Do Kyungsoo..." I stated as she shook my hands, I never wanted to let go, but Chanyeol broke my trance again...
 
 
 
"He is going to be your partner" 
 
 
 
All I could do was just nod... I was tongue tied... and it seems like Chanyeol saw it, so he tried to save me from further embarrassment.
 
 
 
"Oh... kamsahamnida... sunbaenim!" I heard her say as she bowed towards me.
 
 
 
"So... " she trailed, I can sense that she was abit uncomfortable... I smiled, tried to set aside my shyness and said.
 
 
 
"Can I have your number? So that we can keep in touch regarding the piece we are going to do and when we are going to practice?"
 
 
 
"Aigoo... you are very serious D.O.-ah... it's your first time meeting with her and here you are talking about your piece already! Lighten up ma boy!" Chanyeol patted my back as I scratched my head feeling sorry for Minji.
 
 
 
"Mianhae"
 
 
 
"Ani... kenchana... here is my number" Minji said as she gave me her number.
 
 
o===o===o
 
1st Letter
 
Hi!    Hello!  You prob... You're probably wondering why am I writing you a letter
 
 
Hello! Today... you made my heart beat again...
 
 
XOXO-K
 
o===o===o
AUTHOR'S POV
 
FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL
 
 
Kyungsoo was the first to arrive to their designated practice room, he brought with him his music compilation and some self-composed pieces so that they can go over what they will do for their final exams.
 
 
While waiting for Minji to arrive, he decided to stretch and review the choreography for another piece he was doing together with the other guys.
 
 
 
 
He was so into the choreography that he didn't notice Minji entering the studio. She slipped into the far corner of the room, trying to watch him dance.
 
 
 
Minji hasn't seen him dance or even heard him sing, but after telling her classmates who she was partnered with, they all became envious of her, because they said that he had a very soulful voice and he was such a cutie and all that!
 
 
 
So seeing him perform without any reservations was really something. He has his own flare while doing the dance moves. He might not be the greatest dancer, but he can hold his own ground.
 
 
 
After the song, Minji clapped and cheered.
 
 
 
"Whoa! Oppa! Daebak!" 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo turned around to look at Minji who was giving him the thumbs up, he slowly turned red and hid his face in his shirt.
 
 
 
"Waaaahhh!!! You saw that?! It's embarrassing!" Kyungsoo uttered still hidden in his shirt
 
 
 
"I didn't know you could dance, oppa!" Minji stated as she patted his back.
 
 
 
Kyungsoo then emerged from his shirt and stated.
 
 
 
"Just don't ask me to freestyle cause I have no sense of it at all... I can do choreographed dances but freestyle... I'll just side step here and side step there... that's all I could do" he smiled sheepishly at Minji as she also laughed trying to imagine him doing the dorky steps.
 
 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF18j4JQcA4- DO AND HIS SIDE STEP DANCE
 
 
 
"So what are we going to do now?" Minji asked as she sat on the floor and began to stretch her legs and back.
 
 
 
"I brought some music pieces with me so that we can listen and get some inspiration from" Kyungsoo replied as he went to the player and played some upbeat music to accompany them while stretching.
 
 
 
"That's okay... I also brought some with me... we can check it out... should I sing or dance this time?" Minji asked pausing then looked at Kyungsoo, 
 
 
 
"Hmm... I think we should showcase your singing ability... your piece on your finals was good, it shows you can handle both dancing and singing... so... I was thinking that you should let them see your singing capability." Kyungsoo suggested
 
 
 
Minji was still for a moment and then a smile was seen at the corner of
 
 
 
"Wah oppa! You really are my sunbaenim... that's great! I was thinking of that too, but I didn't know how to put it into words... thank you... yes, let's do it! I'll be singing then!" Minji stated while clapping hands with Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
Then before they could start browsing through songs, the door came bursting open... for Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun.
 
 
 
"Yah! DODYO! I knew you were here... having a date?" Baekhyun greeted as he ran towards Kyungsoo to give him a hug.
 
 
 
"Yah! Stop that... you are making her uncomfortable.. she is Gong Minji, she is my partner for the mentorship final exams!" Kyungsoo stated
 
 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo... Gong Minji-imnida... nice to meet you" Minji stood up and bowed to them
 
 
 
"Minji, this is eyeliner man Byun Baekhyun... then this is the baby, Oh Sehun..."
 
 
 
"Hyung, you look more of a baby than me!" Sehun corrected signifying the height difference between them, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes upward then continued with the introductions,
 
 
 
"... and this is the nose Kim Jongin"
 
 
 
"Just call me Kai" Kai smiled as he offered his hand for a hand shake, Minji shook it and smiled at all of them
 
 
 
"Hyung! She looks adorable... it seems you really are lucky!" Sehun stated making Minji blush
 
 
 
"Yah, I said stop that! You are making her uncomfortable.. mianhae Minji-ah..." Kyungsoo stated looking apologetically at her, she just smiled back
 
 
 
"So did you come here to disturb me?" Kyungsoo asked while folding his arms over his chest.
 
 
 
"Ani... we would just like to ask you about the arrangement for this song... what you thought of it, maybe we could record a bit of it for now, so that I can work on the raw copy of the song, the headmaster is asking for it already!" Baekhyun stated starting to panic walking in circles while everyone watched him go round and round.
 
 
 
"Omo! Oppa! Am I gonna hear you sing then?" Minji uttered in excitement, trying to remove her attention from the dizzying sight of Baekhyun going round in circles.
 
 
 
"You haven't heard him sing?" Kai asked in bewilderment, Minji shook her head
 
 
 
"This is only the second time we've met" Kyungsoo replied shyly
 
 
 
"Then you are in for a treat!" Sehun stated as he asked Minji to watch them perform,
 
 
 
"Where is Suho?" Kyungsoo asked searching for another friend
 
 
 
"Ah, he can't make it today... he has a schedule today, remedial class for dance together with Chanyeol-hyung, I think!" Kai replied while shrugging his shoulders.
 
 
 
"You guys are not going to join them?" Minji asked looking at Kai and Sehun
 
 
 
"Oh they are also included... they are going to dance with the song...interpretative" Kyungsoo called out to Kai and Sehun as he pointed to them to stay in the middle.
 
 
 
"Suho-hyung is for another piece with Chanyeol..." Baekhyun replied then nodded towards Minji to press the play button.
 
 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5rUg7aMDvo  What is Love- Baekhyun & DO Singing
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xmr4Ff78A- What is Love- Sehun & Kai Dance
 
 
 
2ND LETTER
 
 
My heart was beating so fast, I have never seen anyone as good as you, you bring chills down my spine. 
 
I LIKE YOU already... you give me courage and confidence to perform well.
 
I can't wait for OUR day to stand on the same stage and perform, together, you and I.
 
 
XOXO-M
O=====O=====O
 
 
okay so that's the first part...
 
 
how are you finding it so far...
 
 
let me know what you think...
 
 
comment down below... let's spazz and talk kekekekeke
 
 
having a spazz attack while writing this story... don't know why... wheeeee, my feels!!!
 
 
~lostschoolboy~