Chapter3

Promise

 

Jessica led him into her small apartment. He looked around and saw many photos of a young couple.

 

 “Do you remember these?” Jessica told Yuri before taking out a photo album filled with their photos. There are photo of them hugging, cuddling and kissing.

 

“We took this photo after you saved me from the bullies.” She pointed at one of the photo.

“This was the day after I had my first kiss with you.”

“This was the day when we became official.”

“And this was the day you left.” Yuri stared at the photo. He might look young in the picture, but he recognized that it’s him.

 

“Arggggh!!” Yuri threw the album away and held his head tightly. He seemed to be in terrible pain.

 

“Sorry, oppa.”

“It’s okay, Sooyeon-ah.” Yuri patted the little girl’s head. She brought forward her hand with a hotdog bun.

“Eh? For oppa?” Yuri asked and Jessica nodded happily.

“Thank you.”

 

“Why did you kiss me?”

“W-Why can’t I? I saw Victoria unnie kissing you too.” She tear-up slightly.

“Kissing is for two people in love. You can’t kiss people anyhow you like.”

“But I love you. Oppa, you love me too, right? So we could kiss.” Jessica smiled innocently.

“Yeah, But we couldn’t kiss in front of others, only in private, alright?” Jessica didn’t answer and just leaned in to capture his lips again.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, I love you. Not as a dongsaeng, but as a woman. I know many guys were interested in you, which is why I confess now.” He cupped Jessica’s face gently.

“O-Oppa.”

“You don’t have to answer now. I’ll give you time to think about it.”

Jessica leaned in and pecked his lips.

“Oppa, I’ve been waiting for you to ask this question. I love you too.”

 

“You’re leaving me alone..” Jessica pouted sadly.

“You know how much I love you that I would die without you. But the only way for us to have a good life in the future is studies.”

“I know, but you’re going to be back soon, right?”

“This course only required two years. I promised I’ll be back after I graduate.”

 

“Sooyeon-ah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “O-Oppa, you remembered?” Jessica widened her eyes when Yuri called her.

 

“I’m sorry for making you wait for me.” He held her hand that was on her lap.

 

“It’s okay, as long as you’re back now. Oppa, I love you.” Jessica smiled and kissed him passionately.

 

--

 

Yuri was walking back to his hotel. The distance was far, but he couldn’t care less. He needed time alone. He finally remembered his past; he finally got back to his Sooyeon but how about Krystal?

 

As much as he hopes to be alone, he had reached the hotel room. He stood beside the bed and stared at his wife, the one there for him when he doesn’t have anyone.

 

“Uhh baby, you’re back?” Krystal rubbed her eyes and patted the space beside her. Yuri laid himself down. She shifted her body nearer to him and hugged him tightly.

 

 

FLASHBACK

Yuri was very excited that he finally got to go back to Korea. He rushed to the airport with a smile on his face, unfortunately he got into a car accident.

 

He woke up after a week being unconscious. He didn’t know his own name, his age; he doesn’t even know how to speak. Krystal was a trainee nurse in the hospital. She saw how Yuri seems like a lost kid, he refused to eat medicine; he refused to bathe.

 

She pitied him, so she took care of him patiently. Through his ID card, Krystal got to know his age, name and nationality. She taught him how to speak, how to change clothes and how to eat. Just like mother and son, Yuri got attached to her very quickly. He doesn’t listen to anyone else other than Krystal.

 

After spending a whole year, Yuri finally acted like his age. Krystal was often harassed by her suitors, and Yuri would protect her like an oppa. Krystal fell in love with him and he too, fell in love with her.

 

On Krystal’s birthday, Yuri bought her a puppy.

“Ahh, this is so cute! What’s his name?” Krystal asked while she played with her new pet.

 

“Hmm, YulKrys! Yuri  + Krystal!” Yuri grinned dorkily.

 

Krystal spent the whole hour playing with YulKrys while he was left alone.

 

“Yah Krystal. If I knew I’ll be left alone, I wouldn’t buy you the puppy.” He pouted. Krystal saw it and gave him a peck.

 

“Sorry baby, he’s just too cute.” She said and continued playing with the puppy.

 

“So I’m not cute?” Yuri stood up and went into his room.

 

“Baby~”

 

“Why are you here? Don’t you need to play with your cute pet?” he asked, not facing Krystal.

 

“I put him in the cage. I’m here to play with my other pet.”

 

“Yah, you’re saying I-“

She stopped Yuri by lip-locking with him. He grabbed her head and responded to the kiss passionately. The kiss got aggressive and clothes were all scattered around the floor.

 

“Krystal, I know this isn’t the best way to ask but I can’t wait anymore. Will you marry me and let me be with you forever?”

 

“Although it’s funny to hear this question when you’re , but yes, I do.”

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

 

The next morning, Krystal woke up but she couldn’t find her husband anywhere. She saw a note placed under her phone.

 

‘Krystal, I found back my memory. I found back my real first love. She’s the woman you saw a week ago, kissing me. I grew up with her in the orphanage, I really loved her. Sorry, I’m now on the way to find her.’

 

She sobbed. The thing she feared most had happened. When Yuri recalled his past, will he leave her? Or will he still stay with her? Now, the answer had been revealed. They grew up together; they got a longer history together. While she was just his savior, he was thankful, that’s why he stayed with her.

 

Krystal got tired of crying; she washed her face before changing into something casual. She pulled her luggage and flagged a cab, to the airport.

 

“He could at least say goodbye first.” Krystal sighed.

 

She boarded the plane and looked out of the window. She didn’t want to cry, but tears were flowing down non-stop.

 

“Hey Miss, can I sit here?” She heard a man voice asked, but she was too tired to respond. The man moved closer to her and pecked her cheek. She was shocked by the contact and immediately turned around.

 

“Yah! Y-Yuri? Why are you here?” Krystal asked, surprised.

 

“Now I can’t even go back to my home with my wife?”

 

“I thought you went to..” She couldn’t continue the sentence due to her tears.

“To Sooyeon? Yes, I did go find her.”

 

 

Two hour ago,

“Sooyeon, good morning.”

 

“Oppa!” Jessica grinned happily; the innocent grin which Yuri missed a lot.

 

“I bought you breakfast, can I come in?” Jessica nodded and pulled him in.

 

The two ate breakfast while chatting about their past. Yuri was apologetic that he made Jessica waited for him so long.

“Sooyeon-ah, I’m really sorry.”

 

“It’s over. You’re now back to me, right?” Jessica held his hand but he moved away.

 

“I’m sorry. I really loved you. But I got Krystal now, she’s my wife, and I love her. I guess it’s all fated, for me to get into a car accident and get to know Krystal, then came to Korea for honeymoon and met you again. I guess they wanted me to tell you to stop waiting for me. You’re still young, you can find someone better than me.” He said before capturing Jessica’s trembling lips, they broke apart after a few minutes.

 

“I got to go now. The flight is departing in an hour. I wish you all the best, and I’ll come back to see you often. Bye, sooyeon.”

 

 

“But I came back.” Yuri hugged the crying girl in his arms.

 

“I thought I’ll never see you again.” Krystal sobbed and hit his chest repeatedly.

 

“I never say I’ll leave you. And you know I never will.”

 

“You left a note, saying you recalled your past and you even apologize!” She pushed him away.

 

“I said sorry because I couldn’t come to airport with you. I need to go find sooyeon to make a clear end.”

Krystal pressed her lips hardly against his. There were people staring at them but they don’t care. She chews on Yuri’s bottom lips and forced her tongue in to find its partner. Both were fighting for dominance in the tongue battle but because air was needed, both parted lips, forehead still glued together.

 

“Baby, I love you. Please don’t ever leave me.” Krystal said breathlessly.

“I promise I won’t. I love you much more than you can ever imagine. Princess, give me a little Krystal when we get back to San Francisco.” He whispered huskily before capturing her lips again.