_6_

Too Eternal

School was awful the next day. Luhan wasn’t there to accompany you, so there was no one who helped you when Hannah and her friends came to bully you.

You sat alone at lunch when Hannah came and sat next to you.

“Where’s your dear Luhan? Did he leave you? I knew he didn’t really like you. You are hopeless.”

You ignored her and kept eating your sandwich, but it tasted weird today.

Hannah’s boyfriend took my bottle and poured everything inside on my head. She laughed, stood up and walked away with him.

‘No, I won’t cry now’ you thought and wiped the tears away. ‘I wish Luhan was here.’

But he wasn’t, so you walked around at school, ready to run away whenever someone might attack you.

This was your worst school day ever. Even worse than the days before Luhan appeared.

You took the bus home. Since you were alone you didn’t want to walk all the way home.

You even went to Luhan’s house, but only Sehun opened and said Luhan wasn’t here. Totally disappointed you walked home, only to find Luhan sitting on the sofa in your living room.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” you were seriously angry. “I didn’t say you can come whenever you like.” – “Are you okay?” – “I’m not. This has been the worst day of my life. I needed you, but you weren’t there” you shouted.

Luhan stood up and hugged you, but you pushed him away.

“And who is this girl you talked to yesterday? And who is the  girl you pushed and slammed against the wall?” you were so in anger so you just kept on talking.

“I don’t know what you mean?” he was worried. “Look, I am sorry I wasn’t at school today. I had a terrible headache. I wanted to surprise you, so I came here. I didn’t know you were punished. I am so sorry.” – “Don’t change the topic.” – “I don’t know what you mean?” – “This girl yesterday. Blond, tall, model-height. Don’t you remember? I think you have something to explain!”

He made you sat down next to him, Luhan took your hand.

“Okay. I have seen a girl yesterday. You must have seen Mira yesterday.”

“Why did you hurt her? What did you do with your phone to her?” – “That’s hard to explain. I’ll tell you when it’s time.”

 

 

“No, I want the explanation now!”

“But….” – “Let me hear it.” You insisted to know the truth.

Luhan looked at you and sighed.

“Are you a vampire or what?” you asked.

“No, and I’m no werewolf as well. Sehun and I are filming a clip for my dad’s company. This girl, Mira, is an actress and I am the main character. The film is about violence in relationships, so I had to hit her and fight with her. You have to understand, everything is fake. Sehun was always standing around with the camera to film us. We acted. You don’t have to worry about her. She is just a friend. Nothing more. You are the only one for me.”

You didn’t say anything. So everything you thought about him in the beginning was idiotic. He was no bad boy; he was the cute and caring guy you know and who you loved.

You didn’t remember to see Sehun once when Luhan hit and punched the girl.

But still you didn’t believe Luhan’s full story; a voice in your mind is telling you not to trust him.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you leave me alone at school today?” you wondered.

“I am sorry, I should have told you, but I thought it wasn’t important” he told you. “I really didn’t feel good in the morning.”

You looked at Luhan’s hand that held yours. He pulled you towards him and embraced you. When you looked into his eyes, they weren’t chocolate coloured – they were ice blue.

 

You closed your eyes and opened them again. His eyes were back to normal. ‘I must be hallucinating’ you thought.

 

 

You lay awake at night. Luhan was lying next to you in the bed. Tightly embracing you as if he was afraid you would run away while he is sleeping.

You thought over his words again and again. You still couldn’t believe him. The story sounded like nonsense to you, like it was only made to satisfy you. But it didn’t really work.

Luhan snored a bit and you smiled. He looked like a puppy when he is sleeping.

‘How can someone cute and nice like him hurt people?’ You thought. ‘There must be a reasonable explanation for his behaviour.’

 

It was Saturday. Luhan wasn’t with you today too. He said he had an appointment somewhere and he would come over in the evening. So you went shopping groceries alone.

You were just walking through the rows with food, and searching for the things you need to prepare dinner. You were just walking past the magazines and books section when a book caught your attention.

 

“Too Eternal.”

 

You thought it sounded cool, so you bought it.

At home again you lay down in the sofa and started reading.

 

You looked up to the watch 3 hours have passed and you were in the middle of the book.

 

“’I know what I am. I am a immortal beast.’ Will said. ‘I walk around, steal dreams, drink blood and live forever.’ Rose looked at him, his eyes were blue again, they were usually brown.  ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ she asked. ‘I didn’t want to tell you because everyone I love will leave me. I didn’t want you to feel guilty.’ Rose cried. ‘The time I’m with you, will be the best time in your eternal life.’”

 

“What are you reading there?” You almost got a heart-attack when you heard his voice.

“Oh my god. You scared me. Don’t ever do that again okay?” you closed the book and put it aside, but the few sentences stayed in your mind. ‘Maybe he was supernatural? No that’s stupid. That’s only in books.’

 

“Let’s make some dinner, Minah!” he suggested and you nodded and walked into the kitchen.

 

 

‘What if he isn’t who he said he is? His baby face, his looks, his eye colour change.’

“I think we need some more salt here” Luhan brought you back to reality. “What did you say?” – “We need more salt for the spaghetti sauce.” He gave you the tasting spoon. You tried it. “Yeah more salt, Lu-honey.”

‘He is no immortal, no way. I shouldn’t be reading these stories anymore.’

“You seem mentally absent. Are you okay?” he stopped and looked at me. “I’m fine, really.”  You looked away while removing the wrinkles from your apron.

 

Dinner tasted well.

“How was your day, Oppa?” you asked. He smiled and replied. “It was nice.” – “Where exactly have you been?”  - “It was at my dad’s company. A talent seeker saw the clip and asked if I was interested in acting in a drama.” – “So…?” – “No, I would have to move away, but I’ll stay here with you”. You smiled and wanted to look relieved, but since you weren’t a good actor it must have looked really weird.

But Luhan ignored that. He was just as sweet as normal and caressed your cheek.

 

You couldn’t stop reading and thinking about the book “Too Eternal”. “Will”, the immortal, reminded you of Luhan.

Meanwhile Luhan got back to normal. He will always be by your side and he didn’t leave for any special appointment anymore. Also you didn’t see Mira again or his blue eyes again.