Today

Today

Kwon Jiyong sat in front of the television. He turned it on. He waited a talk show program. They would interview a model who recently played on a movie. She was the love of his life. Kiko Mizuhara. She didn't know yet though.

 They were best friend. At first, they were bounded by their fashionista. But their friendship was growing. They could talk for hours, go to thousand movies, spend day in a amusement park, or just have dinner or lunch together. When Jiyong was in Japan or Kiko was in Korea, they were just inseparable.

"Kiko, how are you? Oh, you look so pretty today!" a lady who was the MC greeted.

Finally she appeared. She did look beautiful. She was wearing an ivory white mini dress. "Perfect." Jiyong murmured.

 She smiled and answer the mc's questions. She said that she was happy. She was excited at the thought of her film's premiere. She said that the movie had a great plot and she was working with the best people in the world. Jiyong kept looking at her. Flawless. Jiyong always adored her. Her beauty, her conduct, he loved everything about her. He only hated the fact that he was unsure that she has the same feeling about him.

He would meet her tommorow. They would go lunch together. He didn't want to miss any chance to be with her. Because he couldn't be in Japan as often as he wanted. He wouldn't tell her that he watched her interview. He didn't want to look like a fan boy. But he really was.

"So Ki, do you have boyfriend?"

Jiyong turned volume up. The moment of thruth.

"No..not yet." she smiled.

"Really? How can a beautiful girl like you are doesn't have a lover?" the MC kept asking.

“Tell us, Ki.” Jiyong hoped.

"There's a man actually. We are quite close, but I'm not really sure that he has the same feeling." she was blushing. So was Jiyong.

"Aww.. Don't be afraid. Come, tell something to him."

"Do you mean I should give a video message?"

"Come on, Ki!" the MC nodded.

"Okay..."

"ahem.. I know you are watching this.."

"Say his name!" the MC really knew what was Jiyong's wish.

"Should I?"

The MC then insisted her. MC, you're my best friend.

"Well, Mr. K, I know you are watching this...ummm.. I can't wait for our meeting tommorow," she hung her head in shame.

Jiyong opened his eyes widely. He was smiling ear to ear.  “Mr. K? Kwon Jiyong?” Jiyong thought.  He screamed. He hit the air. She admits it. Finally.

***

"Hey Ji..."

Kiko and Jiyong went to a restaurant for lunch. It was their Italian day. They had pasta and good wine. They talked about work, the food, weather, gossips among friends, fashion... One that she didn't know was Jiyong hoped to death she would say something about love. She admitted it on television, when will she say it straight to me? I hope it's today.

"Let's go, Ji. I have another appointment. And you have give me a ride back." Kiko took her Prada bag and gestured him to move.

"It's no big deal, princess..." he stood up, bowed, and motioned his hand like he took a hat off of his head

"Ugh. You're so cheesy" she laughed.

In the moving car, Kiko hummed to every song played. It was her best friend's album. One of A Kind. Jiyong in the driver seat, kept thinking about the scenario when she finally admit her feeling towards him. He grinned.

 "What happen with you, silly boy?" she suddenly asked.

 "Hmm? Nope..." he answered her, then he smiled.

 "Did you watch my interview last night?" she said while she touched up her make-up.

 "No. I was sleeping." He wanted to be oblivious that she had admitted her feeling in the show.

She sighed. "What kind of friend you are, Kwon Jiyong?".

She must had been upset. She had been so confident that Mr. K watched her last night.

"I like this song. Is this about you?" Kiko asked while 'Today' was playing.

"Obviously no, Ki. You know all of my story..." he shook his head, chuckled.

"Yeah... I'm just teasing you." she pinched his arm.

"Aw.." he pretended it was hurt.

"We are arrived!" he said when he turned the car to a apartment.

"Park your car there Ji." she pointed while the other hand and her eyes were busy with her phone. "Okay...".

Why there? Is that place romantic or what? He was sure that she would admit her love right there. She really is well prepared.

He parked his car right in the place she pointed. “Here we go...”.

“Ji, do you mind wait for a while?”

“O...kay. Why?” He was certain that she was nervous.

“You’ll see...” she smiled.

It had been ten minutes. Jiyong became anxious. He was the one who was nervous.

“What are we waiting for Ki?”

“Just wait..”

Jiyong randomly looked surroundings. He saw a man with jacket and sunglasses occupied by his phone.

“He looks like mafia..” Jiyong said.

“Who?” Kiko asked while texting.

“That man.” Jiyong pointed that man.

Kiko took a look. “It’s him! Let’s get out Ji! Move your .”

She opened the door and walked toward that man. She did it eagerly. And she was smiling. Jiyong followed her. He didn’t have any idea of what she was doing. When they reached the man, Kiko hugged him.

“Hey..” she said.

The man hugged her back. Jiyong was still puzzled. When they released their embrace, Kiko faced Jiyong.

“Ji, I want you to meet him. My love.”

Jiyong froze. My love?

“Hon, this is my best friend.” She talked sweetly to that man.

“Hello, I’m Matsuyama.” The man gave his hand.

“He..hey... I I’m Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong stuttered and shook his hand.

“Ji, because you’re my best friend. I want you to be the first to know my boyfriend.” Kiko hugged Jiyong. He accepted her hug. She released her hug. “Well Ji, we have to go. Bye, Ji!”

“Let’s go, Kenichi!” she said to her man.

Mr. K?