Cooking for Do Kyungsoo

Cooking for Do Kyungsoo

You wake up earlier than usual today. It’s a special day after all. You hurriedly took a shower and then got dressed; rough jeans and a plain top would do it for now, since you’ll probably be all messy later.

You get your keys, phone, and purse from your study table and run off.  The sun shines particularly brighter today, the sky blue and the clouds seems so soft and fluffy, you smile as you ride your bike to the grocery store. You could feel the cool summer breeze and hear the sweet chirping of love birds flying around. Today, everything seems to be delightful.

You reach the store and it just opened. You greet the ahjumma sweeping rather cheerfully in front of the store. “Good morning, ahjumma!”, you said with a smile.

“Ah, good morning young lady. Aren’t you an early bird today?”, she replied also with a smile.

“Ye, it’s a special day.”, you said, trying hard to control your giggles.

“Okay then, go and get what you need.”, she said, welcoming you to her store.

Inside was a small grocery store, just the basic things needed in the kitchen. You reach in your purse and took out a list; everything you needed -- listed. You grab a push cart and started roaming around. It’s not it’s your first time in a grocery store but everything seems so unfamiliar. You continue roaming around but still couldn’t find what you were looking for. You sigh and thought, “If Kyungsoo was here this wouldn’t be a problem. He knew the grocery store like it was his house.”

You giggle, suddenly recalling the last time you were in the grocery store with him.

“Jagiyaaaa?”, he called, looking for you.

“Kyungsoo oppaaaa?”, you called back.

“Jagiyaaa? Where are you?”, he called.

“I don’t know. There’s a lot of cans here though.”, you answered.

The supposedly quick run to the store ended up to be a two-hour shopping because you apparently got lost, a lot. But what really took your time was when you went separate ways and didn’t realize it. In the end, he found you just on the other side of the aisle of canned goods.

“How do you get lost in a grocery store?”, he said with a chuckle.

“I don’t know. But it’s a good thing I have you.”, you beam at him.

“Yeah. I wouldn’t ever want to lose you.”,he said as he held your chin up. His eyes sparkled with sincerity. You blush at his words as he leans closer and meets his soft lips with yours.

Your reminiscing was interrupted when you heard your phone ring; a text message. It’s from him. You check your phone and your face lightens up from Kyungsoo’s text message.

Good morning, lovely. I’ll see you later after my schedule, okay? Happy anniversary. <3

You almost shrieked with glee when you read his message. And the heart in the end. “Oh, he is just so sweet.”

You  re-read the message and noticed the time. Sent: 9:57am. “Crap, it’s been two hours already? I haven’t even got half of what I need.” You rush around the grocery store trying to finish up the list.

It was almost twelve noon when you finished shopping. “I am so bad at this.”,you thought as you realized it took you all morning to buy a few items from a small grocery store.

When you reached your place, you immediately went to the kitchen and placed the items you bought on the table. “Right, now for the hard part. Err.. Harder part.”, you muttered to yourself.

You pulled out a very thick cook book from under the table and flipped the pages. How to make dinner for two: A guide for beginners. Step one..

You follow the instructions in the book by heart. You don’t want to miss any details of how a vegetable should be chopped or how the meat should be boiled at nth degrees.

“Now for the pasta..”, you said after finishing up the sauce. “Hmm.. where’s that boiling pan..”

You sigh as you sit back on the kitchen chair, waiting for the pasta to cook. Who knew cooking would be so hard. Kyungsoo makes it seem so easy. It’s like it’s his element. He moves with grace and precision yet carefree at the same time. You smile at the thought of him; wearing the fluffy apron you bought for him, holding his favorite spatula, and smiling his goofy smile – all crunched up nose and big grin. You check the wall clock in the kitchen. “I have time.”  You slowly dozed off at his comforting image.

**

“Jagiya~ Annyeong~!”, he said with a cheerful smile but soon disappeared when he found you in the kitchen – sleeping while the pasta was emerged in beyond boiling water.

“JAGIYA!”, he yelled and hurriedly ran to the stove, turned it off and took the almost burning pan in the sink. You jolt up and blink your eyes, not realizing what just happened. And then..

“! The pasta!”, you gasped, realizing that you almost burned your house down, along with yourself.

“What the hell was that?!”, he yelled, not looking at you though, he was busy fanning off the smoke from the used to be cooking pasta, which is now just a pan of mush.

“I-i.. I was..”, you stuttered.

“Sleeping while boiling a pot of pasta?! What the hell! You could’ve burned the house down! You could’ve gotten hurt!”, he yelled again, now looking at you.

“I just wanted to make you dinner!”, you yelled back and then stormed off to your room; shut the door and locked it. You buried your face in the pillow and screamed your frustrations. “I just wanted to make him dinner. I didn’t mean to fall asleep..”, your breathing started to hitch. “I hate him! I hate him!”, you said in between your sobs.

You hear a knock on your door. “Jagiya..”

“Go away!”

“Jagiya, sorry I yelled. I was just surprised..”

“…”

You hear him sigh in defeat as he walked away from your room. You sigh and gathered yourself. You can’t let this ruin your night. It was my fault anyway. He just got really worried. You got out of the room and head to kitchen. You see him wiping the counter tables wearing the apron you bought for him, you hadn’t notice what he was wearing – black pants, white long sleeved shirt which sleeves are now rolled up to his elbows, and a bowtie. “He looks a little formal.”, you thought.

He finally noticed you standing in the door of the kitchen. “Jagiya..”, he walks toward you, leaving the rag he was holding on the counter, with his arms open to welcome you in a hug. You meet him half way and wrapped your arms around his waist, you rest your chin on his shoulder and he leans his head to yours. You whisper, “I’m sorry I yelled and then stormed off.”

“I’m sorry I yelled first.”, he said.

The two of you stood for a while not moving from the embrace. “I was really scared when I saw you sleeping and the pot almost looked like it was about to explode.”, he whispered as he held you tighter.

“I-I know.. I’m sorry. I just really wanted to make you dinner.. you know, make tonight special..”, you muttered. He pulls away from the embrace and held your chin to meet his eyes.

“It’s already special as long as I’m with you.”, he leans in and kisses you softly.

You pull away and look at him shyly. “Sorry I ruined our special night.”, you said as the two of you looked at the mess in the kitchen. He chuckles and kisses your forehead.

“Cleaning up the kitchen can still be special..”, he said with a soft smile. “..as long as I’m with you. Happy anniversary.”, he said then meets his lips with yours, softly yet passionately.

“I love you.”, you said.

“I love you too.”, he said then pecks your lips. “But next time, leave the cooking to me dear.”

You roll your eyes at him and he laughs. Tonight, cleaning up the kitchen with Kyungsoo was special because you’re with him. And that’s what mattered.

<3


A/N: Please tell me you liked it. I had so much Kyungsoo feels when I was writing this. XDXD Comment your thoughts. And please subscribe. Also, check out some more fluffy exo one shots on my page. Like I said, it is your gift to me. Gomawoyo! ~_~