#3

Suicide would be the best option, right?

         I'm sorry for taking a long time to update, sincerely I do T___T

--

          Jinri was dazed, not sure how to react when Myungsoo asked the total price of the popsicles. She came back to her senses when Ms Yang replied "That would be a total of 1000 won." Myungsoo paid and turned away but suddenly stopped and turned his head looking directly in her eyes, "You're from my school aren't you?" Jinri was flustered. Curse herself under her breath as her voice won't come out. Myungsoo smirked and walked away with his little sister eating the popsicle happily.

--

           Myungsoo went to his library room, decided to read one of the books that's been stacked up on the shelves. He was known as the smartest student in high school for a reason and admired by a lot of girls with his mysterious aura and not to forget, his good looks. He was never the one to boast without capability because simply, he has everything. Even when the high school was over, Myungsoo likes to spend most of his time with books as he finds gaining knowledge gives him benefits. He never bothered with girls in high school because it is a waste of time and not beneficial for him but it seems like the little encounter at the store earlier was sticking to the back of his mind.

          How can one simply ignored the presence of queen of the conversation starters? Even Myungsoo listened to the rumors spreading around him at school, giving little attention to the crowd whispering nasty comments to a girl who always walk alone along the hallway. Rumors would most likely flourish in situations where there is ambiguity. Basically to say that there is a slight solid truth to start up a rumor. Perhaps the girl with innocent image was likely not so innocent afterall. And that's why Myungsoo had always pretending to love hanging around with the filthy fake people for the sake to keep his reputation. He just wanted to end his high school years with no trace of bad memories. And he succeeded with the help of another three friends Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun. Staying true to his words, Myungsoo never contacted his friends after high school ended. 

          It's when he was flipping the first page of the book, the image of the girl lingers in his mind, Choi Jinri. He did pay attention to the girl before, seeing how her laughs and smile are no longer visible after the death of her parents, observing how she avoided any kind of contact with other students and had her head down low. And now Myungsoo wondered why had she work at the small store but seems to be happy by her own. Myungsoo chuckled after remembering the tease he did had affected her a little too much. She was just a normal girl afterall, getting flustered with his charms and left speechless. Knowing where she works makes it easier for Myungsoo to know her better.

--

          Right after Myungsoo left, Jinri blamed herself for showing her vulnerable state to the mere popular guy she had known in school. She was thankful for high school was over and the bullying has stopped. She hoped there will be no more coincidence encounter with Myungsoo and that she could maybe start over a new life at college, perhaps a new friend to lend her a shoulder whenever she has problems. Just when she was drowning in her thoughts Ms Yang started up a small conversation. "Who's the guy just now? He seems nice." Jinri gagged, though he is handsome doesn't mean he's nice. "Looks can be deceiving, halmeoni." "Ssul, my eyes never deceived me even though my vision has become blurry. Not even once. And the two of you makes a good couple you know." Jinri scoffed, what. Never in a million years Jinri dreamed of befriend with the popular guys let alone the thought of being in a relationship with anyone. She knows where she belongs and her place better than anyone else. 

--

          The next day, Myungsoo went hanging out at the playground. Watching his little sister with her playmates fighting over the seat of swing since there's only one left. Myungsoo chuckled upon seeing this and got up when he heard someone fell to the ground and there's some oranges rolling to his feet. Weird.

          "Ouch." How stupid of me thinking I could bring all these fruits back to halmeoni's store when it's clearly too heavy for me to carry them, Jinri thought. She was clearly in pain and rubbing her right ankle then she saw footsteps in front of her. "Must have been sprained, huh?" Myungsoo said, grinning.  "You! Why are you here?" Jinri asked in a confused manner after looking upwards where his head is blocking the sunshine, the person she least wanted to see at the moment. "I should be the one asking that. Are you one of my stalkers?" He squatted down with one leg on the ground and reached to her eye level. Jinri scoffed, how naive of this guy. "And why should I be one?" "Of course, everyone can be easily cast under my spells in an instant including you, Ms Nobody." He boastly said. Wow, he did not just crossed that border line. Jinri got up, ignoring his presence and picked up those fruits on the ground into a box. 

          Was she mad? I was just teasing. Come on. Myungsoo said in his mind. He grabbed her wrist and said, "Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I didn't know you're that sensitive" She let go of his grip harshly and look at his face. "I am not!" "Now look who's talking." She kept quiet for a while whereas he grabbed the box of fruits and walked in front of her. Jinri tried to keep up with her right foot weighing her down. "Are you a snail? Can't you walk faster?" Myungsoo realized what he said and caught up with her. "Can you walk? Want to have a piggyback ride?" Jinri let out a small chuckle after hearing that and shook her head. "I can manage by myself since the store is nearby, but thank you for your consideration." And she walked slowly. For Myungsoo, it was the first time a girl had rejected his offer and of course he was surprised. He matched his steps with hers and Jinri spoke up, "And you're walking slowly because..?" "This box is quite heavy for some unknown reasons now." Jinri laughed, after hearing his most ridiculous excuse yet to walk with her.

          They arrived after walking in a comfortable silence. Ms Yang saw them both and thanked them especially to Myungsoo who helped Jinri carried the heavy box all the way to her store. Ms Yang nudged Jinri to make her speak up. "Ah, thank you for helping me just now Myungsoo-ssi." "No problem Jinri-ah. It's my pleasure to help a careless girl at the side of the street. I'll see you next time" he said flashing his famous warm smile which probably would melt an iceberg while Jinri just scoffed seeing that. It was all too much for Jinri's slow brain as she was trying to process Myungsoo's words earlier. Did he just call me by my name? Next time? What was that supposed to mean? Jinri's thought was interrupted as Ms Yang said "I've told you before. He's a really nice guy and the two of you would really make cute babies" Jinri could felt he was smirking as he was leaving the store. Oh God no.