Chapter 1

In Our Own time

 

 

A girl came out of a small apartment. She was wearing an ankle long leggings and a pink top with big letters saying ‘love’. Her hair tied up, she had a sling bag hanging on her right shoulder and holding a big suitcase on her left. She was about to halfway the road when someone called her.

“Even!” She looked back to an old woman who was bidding her goodbye from their door.

“Bye! Take care!” The old woman waved her right hand. She waved back and now headed to school. She noticed all the luxurious cars passing by her on her way to school. Well, the school, Sheng Yi College, is only a luxurious and prestigious school for wealthy people. Yet, she, who lives in a small apartment, was able to get in because of her scholarship. Everyone in that school has to stay there and live dorms and only allowed out on holidays.

 

She has arrived in front of the huge, and I mean HUGE, gate and walls of Sheng Yi College. She held her suitcase tightly, took a deep breath and then took a step forward.

Everything begins with a step forward.” She remembers her father. They were taking a stroll in a park when she was about 8 years old.

 

She started to go on in. Suddenly there was a voice behind her. “Hi. What’s your dorm building?” It was a girl wearing the school’s attendant uniform.

“Um. Building B.” She replied. “Right. Then just go straight this road and then turn-” The attendant was shocked when she was stopped by the freshman.

“Thanks. I already know the way.” She said politely and went on.

 

Her dorm building was just right across Building A. The dorms were real big that and looked like a 3 star hotel. She took a paper from her bag and stated the numbers written. “314.” She went in and saw a house… No… It was just a room the size of her apartment.

Her eyes grew not knowing how to react. She went in and put her things beside the bed at the right corner of the room. She looked around with amazement.

 

*Knock *Knock…

 

            She stopped turning like stupid and looked at the person at the door. “Hi!” The girl said. “Hey.” Even replied and looked at the girl.

            “I’m Hebe. Hebe Tian” She went in. and placed her bag at the right bed. “I’m Even Wu.” She offered Hebe a hand shake. “We’re roommates, huh?” Hebe said as she took Even’s hand.

            “Yeah. Let’s have a good time together.” Even went and sat down at her new bed. She opened her suitcase and arranged her things. She put her books and laptop at her table. Hebe did the same. She went and unpacked her things. While they were putting their clothes in the closet(they had their own closets) Hebe spoke. “So, what’s your course?”

            “I’m taking performing arts.” She didn’t look and continued.

            “I’m on my second year. But I transferred here. You?” Hebe looked at Even who was concentrated in unpacking her things with excitement. She sat down and said, “I’m at my second year here. I’m taking performing arts too.” She stood up and picked up one of her cloth and put it in the closet.

 

            “Oh.” That was all Even said. It was silent the whole time until they both finished. “Hey Even. Want to tour around?” Hebe asked. Even gave her a smile and a quick nod.

 

            Hebe was pointing out so many things and more and more Even was fascinated by this prestigious school. When they got back to their dorms Hebe was tired but Even to wanted to look around again. She has a sharp memory so Hebe didn’t need to come with her again.

 

            While she was walking around, humming different tunes and stuff, she was so happy that she didn’t realize two guys were in front of her and she bumped into them. They didn’t look very friendly and she got scared.

            “Hey. It’s already late, wanna come with us?” The held her right arm. She was shouting for help but the thick walls of the dorms did not help her. She kept pushing them away while they were forcing her and dragging her.

 

            “Leave the girl alone. She doesn’t want you, pukefaces.” A guy told in a calm voice which made them irritated. The guy’s figure showed in the shadows.

            “And who the heck are yo--?” A second later, they were all lying on the floor. “Miss, you alright?” He asked as he went closer.

            “Yes. Thank you.” She made a big sigh in relief. “I’m Aaron Yan. Nice to meet you.” He put out his hand. Even took it and said, “Even Wu.”

 

            The two of them shook hands under the street light like it was a spotlight only for the two of them.