Chapter 2

My Happiness Is You

 

You tilted to the left avoiding the sun ray that shine directly to your face. You hardly opened your eyes and see your dad sleep in peacefully behind you. You looked at his face for a while before you wake up and go to your room. After you get yourself cleaned and get dressed you went down to the kitchen.

“Good morning Chae Mi umma!!” You greeted your nanny. Chae Mi has been taking care of you and your sister Hyomin since your mother died and you already get too use to call her Chae Mi umma since then.

“Good morning Aryoung-ah.” She smiled at you and put a plate of toast in front of you and a glass of orange juice.

“Gomawo.” You weakly thanked her.

“How’s your dad?” She asked you worried.

“Daddy’s fine. He still sleeping.” You bite your toast. “Umma, is unnie return home yet?”

“I don’t see her since last night. I think she sleep at her friend house.” She told you.

You stand your elbow on the table and rest you chin in you palm and let out a big sigh. “Umma, what should I do? I don’t want to see the people that I love torn apart like this.” You told her your feeling.

He slowly walked to you and pull you into her embrace and gently you hair. “Aryoung-ah, both of us know how your dad and sister relationship since the accident.  Bickering is not an unusual thing anymore between them. Just focus on taking care of your dad. He needs you the most especially at this time.”

“I know umma. I just… I wish I could do something about it.” You voice become flattered.

She tilted your chin up to face her. “I know you’re a good child. You and your sister are so different from each other but it’s your dad decision. There’s nothing we could do about it.”

What’s Chae Mi umma said was right but at this point I must do something.  All I know is, I have to fix this!! You took one last sipped of your juice and hugged her before heading out from the house.

You ducked in your car, start the engine and drove to Hyomin’s best friend house, Eunjung. You really hope you can find her at Eunjung house and have a little talk with her about what had happened last night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“MMmmm..” Someone opened the door and yawned in front of you.

“Annyeong unnie. Sorry for disturbing you this early.” You greeted and at the same time apologize to her.

“It’s okay Aryoung-ah. What do you want?” She rubbed he sleepy eyes.

“Is Hyomin unnie’s  here?” You asked her.

“Nope. I haven’t met her for few days now.” She answered you.

“Do you have any idea where she might go?” You asked her opinion.

“Mmm.. ah, why don’t you try to find her at L Oppa’s house?” She suggested.

“L Oppa?” You asked wondering who is he.

“Her boyfriend.” Eunjung told you.

Boyfriend? Unnie has a boyfriend? But she never told us about it! “Can you give me his address?”

“Sure. Wait here I wrote it down for you.” She entered the house and few minutes later she returned and handed you a paper.

“Gomawo unnie. Ah..One last question, how long they have been together?” You asked her curious.

“I think it almost 3 months.”

“Cheongmal? Gomawo.” You thanked her and walked to your car.

You can’t stop thinking about your sister. She’s already in a relationship so that maybe the reason why she against this arranged marriage by your dad. After you arrive at the apartment, you find a car park before went up to find his house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You stand in front of a house and then you take a looked at the paper in your hand.

“Is this the house?” You looked at the house number. “I think it is.”

You ring the bell for two times before a young and good looking guy opened the door. He stared at you up and down wondering who you are.

“Mmm..  is this L’s house?” You asked him.

“Who are you?” He asked and his eyes frozen at you.

“I’m Aryoung. I’m looking for my sister, Hyomin. Is she here?”

Hyomin’s sister? She never told me she had a sister. I mean a cute one.

“Oppa!! Who’s that?” Someone shouted from inside. Then slowly you can hear a footsteps coming to your direction. She stand behind him and widen her eyes when she saw you.

“What are you doing here?” She half shouted at you making you flinched back.

“I’m looking for you.” You looked at her.

“How did you know I’m here?” She demanded an answer. Looks like she wasn’t that pleasant seeing you here.

“I got this address from Eunjung unnie.” You answered her, looking down to the floor. You can see that annoyance glare from her.

“Just go home! I don’t want to see you!” She pushed you back.

“Unnie! Daddy got heart attack last night after you leave. Please go home with me.” You begged her.

She looked at you. “Heart attack huh?” She hissed.

“Unnie.. Jaebal.” You could feel the tears start forming in your eyes.

“After what he done to me, he just deserves it!!” She said angrily and turned away.

“Unnie we still can discuss this. Just go home with me and see daddy.” You try to persuade her.

“Discuss? What’s left to discuss?” She huffed.

“Unnie I understand if…”

“NO! You don’t understand! You always the angel in his eyes! And now look what he wants to do to me. He wants to sacrifice me to some old fat belly rich guy for his company sake!!” She burst out in anger.

“Unnie you can refuse it if you don’t agree with daddy!”

“Yeah right! He already arranged it with that guy! There’s nothing more we can do unless…” She turned and looked at you.

“Unless I replace you…” You said in a lower tone.

Hyomin grasped you hand in her. “Aryoung-ah, I know I shouldn’t do this but please replace me and marry that guy. As you can see I already have L Oppa. You don’t want to see us tears apart don’t you? He’s my happiness, I love him very much.” She hugged L.

You looked at L and then her. You can see she love him.

“Plus, I saved your life before. Can’t you just marry him to repay me?” She brought up the past where she has been hit by a car in order to save you.

You couldn’t believe she would say that to force you to replace her in that arranged marriage. It is true you owe her a life when she saved you and that’s why you always give in with her in anything because of this.

“If I promise to replace you in that arranged marriage, will you come home with me?” You asked her for confirmation. You know it’s hard but for the sake of your family, you willing to sacrifice yourself even it bring a pain to you.

She quickly nodded and looked at L with her lips tugged upward.  “I promise I’ll come home but not now.  Is it alright with you?”

“As long as you come home, I’m okay with it!” You reassured.

“Gomawo Aryoung-ah!” she pulled you into a hug.

“I think I better go home now. Bye unnie.”

“Bye!” You can hear she screamed happily. You walked down to your car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Is it okay to do that to your sister?” L asked Hyomin concerned with what she had done to you.

“Come on Oppa! I’m willing to do anything as long as I can escape myself from that marriage arranged by that old man!!” She said as she sits on the couch at living room.

“But you use me as the reason for escape!” L sits next to her and put his arms around her waist.

“Why can’t I? Come on Oppa, we’re in a relationship where both of us gain the benefit! No worries okay!” She said to him.

“I don’t like it.” He said as he buried his face at her neck.

“Mianhe, I’ll make it up to you. Is that okay baby?” She started kissing him and then he carried her in the bride style to his room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As you arrive you can see another car park in front of your house. Whose car is it? You walked into the house. Just then you realize there is an old man standing in the living room. You were so busy study his figure when he suddenly turned to you.

He throws you a smile. “Hmm.. Let me guess. You must be Aryoung right?” He slowly walked to you.

Don’t tell me he’s the person that dad want unnie to marry with!! Suddenly you got nervous and you bit your lower lips. “Yes.”

“Aigoo!! You have grown up so fast and turn out to be a pretty lady just like you mom!” He said as he pulled you in his embrace.

You widen your eyes at his sudden action. You’re frozen on the spot before you heard someone walking down from the stair.

“I guess she already forgot about you!!” You dad voiced out.

“Did she?” He pulled you out from his embraced.

“Just see at her rigid face, we already know that she didn’t recognize you!” You dad continued.

That old man looked at your face and you looked at him for a while before turning your head to your dad.

“Jinjja?”

You father walked to you and patted your shoulder. “He is Uncle Lee.”

“Uncle Lee?” You tried to recall. Daddy, you have few friends name Lee. Which Lee is this?

“You really have forgotten me right?” He sulked. “But let see if you forget about him!!” He quickly turned you around. You can see a handsome guy standing and smiling in front of you. Who is he? He look familiar.. that face.. he remind me of a squirrel! WAIT!! If it a squirrel the it should be..Your heart starts to beating fast when you looked at him.

“Minhyuk Oppa?” You mumbled softly.

He chuckled when he heard that. You looked at him weirdly.

“See I told you. She only remembers him!!” Uncle Lee pouted. You dad laughed at him when he see Uncle Lee pouted at you.

“Annyeong Aryoung-ah.” He greeted you. You just stared at him, speechless. It almost 10 years since your last meeting with him. Because of family business, they have decided to move to Australia and stay there. So no wonder you can’t recognize Uncle Lee but somehow that squirrel face still didn’t change and you managed to recognize him.

“Annyeong Oppa.” You greeted him back and shyly smiled at him.

She still had that smile.....

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update!!

Please Comment/Subcribe! XD