Two Years Ago {Part One}

I Don't Want To Call Him Brother-in-law

In celebration of my wonderful poster. hao_xin17_lin makes the world's fastest posters ever.

 

"Umma. I've decided. I want to be an SM artist. I want to be famous, like unnie." I told my mother.

My mother, who has been reading the newspapers, mumbled," Hmph! You sure? It's not easy you know. And you can see how much your sister is suffering. She has to film practically everyday and hardly gets any sleep."

"Yes, umma. I'll work hard. Even harder than Se Kyung unnie. Please, Umma, this is my dream. It's what I really want to be."

And then I could get closer to Jong Hyun.

My mother finally put down the newspapers and looked at me in the eyes. "You're only 13, Soon Kyung. There's no need for you to be training or working now. Concentrate on your studies."

"Umma... Soon Kyung sings well. And she can dance too! If it's her dream, then let her pursue it." Se Kyung unnie ran down the stairs, and cuddled beside Umma on the sofa.

"Please, Umma, please.." Both of us pleaded with her. I pushed my application form towards her, pointing at the line which was labelled 'Parent's/ Guardian's signature for minors below 18'.

Umma looked from Se Kyung unnie, then to me; and back to Unnie again. She heaved a sigh and scrawled the signature across the line. "Just don't come crying back to me, saying that you regret it."

"No, I won't Umma. I won't."