in which everyone has their own story

You Changed Me

 

The whole cafeteria turned quiet as soon as they saw who the guy was. Students started to murmur and stare at the scene.

 

“It's Kwon Jiyong. She's dead.”

“She's new and she's already dead.”

“She'll be tortured for a whole year because of this.”

 

Kwon Jiyong looked at the girl in front of her — her eyes were wide and was gaped as she held the empty tray. “I am so sorry!”

 

His jaw locked and he twisted his tongue inside his mouth. He rolled his eyes and stared at her coldly, “Eat it.” He mumbled, loud enough for her to hear.

 

“W-what?” She looked at him in disbelief. Heart pounding very quickly.

 

“I said… eat it.” Jiyong gave her a warning look. His eyes squinting right through her soul. The girl tray on her hand fell when he suddenly leaned towards her. He smirked as he studied her face — deer like eyes, thin lips, fair skin, and small nose. “You're pretty.” He scoffed and grabbed a handful of her hair, “Too bad.” He pushed her down and the girl winced in pain.

 

Jiyong crouched down and smirked at her. Tear were already glistening on her eyes, “You should learn how to get out of my way.” With his free hand he grab a handful of noodles and shove it on her face before wiping his hands at the back of her blouse. “What's your name?”

 

“Im Yoona.” She pressed her lips into a thin line as she hold back her tears. Her lips were already quivering out of fear and embarrassment.

 

“Well then, Im Yoona. Make sure I don't see you again.” He poked her forehead and stood up before walking towards the table, with his puppets behind him.

 

Yoona clenched her fists and gulped. Tears were already rolling over her cheeks and she couldn't stand up.

 

Some students just watched for their amusement, some didn't care and some wanted to help but didn't want to get involved with Kwon Jiyong. But one guy stood up and knelt in front of her.

 

He reached for his pocket and took out a handkerchief before offering it to her. Yoona looked up and saw a guy with chiseled jaw, almond eyes, and a warm smile looking at her. She slowly took the handkerchief and mumbled a soft, “Thank you.”

 

Students stared and watch while Jiyong glared in annoyance, “The is that guy.”

 

“You're welcome. Come on you can sit with us.” As soon as the guy help her stood up the cafeteria door was opened by Kwon Yuri and her friends.

 

“… I thought she have a meeting.” Jiyong mumbled as soon as she saw her sister.

 

Yuri gasped at the sight of her new friend and immediately rush over her, “What happened to you?” She hold her hand and wiped her face that was covered with black sauce.

 

“Your brother apparently.” The guy mumbled and stared at Jiyong with a deadly glare.

 

Jiyong's brows raised and he clenched his fist as he stared back, “Well, you have guts.” He mumbled.

 

Yuri's eyes immediately beamed on her brother. She scrunched her nose and held Yoona's face, “I'll be right back, sweetie.” She smiled at him before walking towards her brother with cross arms.

 

Her brows rose and Jiyong looked down, “I'm supposed to be younger than you?”

 

“She spilled her food all over me…” He mumbled quietly.

 

“You are so childish.” Yuri shook her head and pressed her lip into a thin line, “And you know what. I'm gonna force you to apologize because I am telling this to the guidance, and I'll make sure you'll do your disciplinary task because if you don't… I won't let you go inside the house and won't even give you your part of your allowance. Grow up… Oppa.” Yuri breathe deeply and turned her back on him. She went towards Yoona and smiled at her before leading her out.

 

Students started to whisper as soon as their president went out. Jiyong kicked the chair out of frustration, “All of you shut the hell up!” he shouted.

 

He looked at his gang while breathing heavily, “Find that guy and beat the hell out of him.” He ordered before walking out of the cafeteria.

 

* * *

 

Yuri smiled when she saw Yoona out of the bathroom wearing the uniform she lend her, “Thank you, Yul.” Yoona mumbled and smiled at her.

 

“It's okay… my brother was the one who did that to you. I'm sorry.” Yuri gave her a warm hug and Yoona hugged back.

 

“Thank God you aren't a girl version of him.” Yoona mumbled and both of them laughed. “I'm really thankful to the guy that helped me earlier though. What he did meant so much.”

 

“That guy is Lee Donghae. He's the basketball captain. We did a school project together and he's very smart and nice,” Yuri stated and wiggled her brows at her, “And he's single.”

 

Yoona laughed and shook her head, “No, I'm not looking for a relationship. I want my first one to be my last.”

 

Yuri gave her a dark expression before laughing with her, “That's so cheesy…”

 

“I know, I know, but to be honest… I really don't know much about relationships. Call me lame or old fashioned, but I have never been a relationship before.” Yoona chuckled and squished her face.

 

Yuri blinked and looked at her with a gaped mouth, “Seriously? What about love? Have you fallen in love?” She asked in disbelief.

 

“Hmm, I'm not quite sure. I liked someone before and had a crush… but never really been as far as love.” Yoona shrugged and puffed her cheeks. “Have you?” She blinked and looked at the girl in front of her who's expression was very weird to describe.

 

“Well, my first love was when I was fifteen. It was something embarrassing, I get jealous a lot even though we're not together and I cry a lot too. I don't know why. It was weird, the feeling is good but it was weird.” Yuri laughed as she rubbed her nape.

 

“Good thing I haven't felt that yet.” Yoona laughed and shook her head. She smiled at Yuri and grinned, “Uhmm… Do you want to hang out after class? In my place? There's actually no one there but me and Mr. Yu. He's my driver slash… kind of a father.”

 

Yuri smiled back and placed her palm on Yoona's cheek, “I would love that.”

 

* * *

 

“You think you're so cool, huh?” Jiyong growled angrily as he punched Lee Donghae on the face. He was pinned against the wall and couldn't move.

 

“You're just a piece of trash.” Jiyong smirked and kicked his stomach. Donghae groaned when he felt the hard punch. He stared at Jiyong and laughed softly.

 

“Why the are you laughing?” He gritted his teeth and gave him another punch.

 

“And you think you're cool? You got two guys pinned me up while you throw punches at me. You think that's cool? I think it's cowardly. You scare people just to make yourself feel better. No wonder Yuri thinks you're too immature to handle yourself. She says  it's hard to fulfill her dreams because she doesn't to leave you behind, afraid that you'll end up in the dumpster when she's gone. So, who's cool now?”

 

Jiyong clenched his fist and punched him hard on the face before walking, “Let's leave. I don't want to waste my time on trashes.”

 

* * *

 

“I don't really know what happened to Jiyong. He used to be someone I depended on , but after our parents died… It just kind of all went downhill. We were thirteen. We lived with our grandmother and suddenly he started to stay out late. Smoked cigarettes and gamble. Then five years later, just when we turned legal, our grandma died. After the burial I caught him doing drugs… and I don't know, I just broke down.”  Yuri hugged a pillow as Yoona put the tray of muffins down.

 

They were at Yoona's room watching TV then suddenly they started to share small stories, one thing lead to another and they started to talked about their personal life.

 

“That's awful. I seriously have nothing to say, did he change though? I mean the vices?” Yoona asked while she lied down beside Yuri.

 

“He promised to stop doing it. But he still smokes and gambles, and fights.” Yuri sighed and covered her face, “I don't know what to do with him.”

 

“He's older than you. And he's already a grown up. You shouldn't keep taking care of him.” Yoona nodded as she jut out her lower lip.

 

Yuri laughed and poked it, “I can't do that. He's my brother. My only family.” She smiled to herself before turning to Yoona, “And what about you? I mean why'd you went back? You studied in America and your parents are successful business CEO's. You're living the life out there.”

 

Yoona pursed her lips into a thin line as she hummed, “Hmm… well, I just needed to get a way. Fresh air and… new stuffs.” She smiled.

 

* * *

 

It was already dark and Yuri wasn't still home. Jiyong sighed and grabbed his jacket, deciding to visit an old friend when he received a text that says, “Will be home late. You better not be home later than me.”

 

Downtown was never a good choice for strolling, it was dark, dangerous, and polluted – Just like how Jiyong wants it to be. He puffed some smoke out of his mouth before flickering the cigarette away. He stood by a wooden brown door as he step at the cigarette, making sure it was all out of light. The door opened and revealed a fine looking man in his late 20's

 

The guy smiled and Jiyong smiled warmly as he looked down, “Been a while since you lance visited. Come in.”

 

Jiyong went inside and looked around. The place changed so much, it used to be dirty and you can smell the intoxicating fragrance of alcohol. And now, there's a TV, couch, matt, dining table and flowers. It smells like home cooking and picture frames are everywhere.

 

“Thanks, Dongwook hyung. Wow. A lot has changed here.” He grinned and sat down the couch.

 

“I'm a dad now.” Dongwook sat beside him and laughed. Jiyong's blinked and his eyes widen.

 

“Hanbyul noona? You guys?”

 

“We're married now, Ji. With a baby girl.” Dongwook and ruffled the younger boy's hair and smiled.

 

Jiyong gaped in disbelief and smiled widely. His smile went up to his ears and his eyes suddenly turned crescent.

 

“Honey, who's the- Jiyong.” A petite woman gaped and smiled widely once she saw the young lad. She cradled the baby in her arms once it squirmed.

 

“Woah! Is that the her?!” Jiyong exclaimed excitedly

 

“Jiyong, shh. You might wake her up. It's hard to make her sleep you know.” Hanbyul laughed softly while she sat down beside the two man. She showed him the baby and smiled. “Sanitized your hand, quickly.” She ordered.

 

Dongwook throw at sanitizer at Jiyong and he immediately caught it before doing what his noona said.

 

Hanbyul smiled and gently placed the baby on Jiyong's arms. The baby squirmed and cuddled against his body, “Now, cradle her. Gently.”

 

Jiyong stared at the baby nervously and slowly cradle her. Dongwook and Hanbyul laughed at the sight of him, “I'll go make dinner. Jiyong you'll stay for dinner, okay?” She pecked the guys' cheek and her daughter's forehead before going to the kitchen.

 

“Wow, she's so little.” Jiyong caress the baby's cheek and he smiled warmly, continuing to cradle the baby in his arms.

 

“Of course. She's a baby.” Dongwook laughed and placed his hand on Jiyong's shoulder before taking her daughter. He smiled widely and peck the baby's nose. “I love you.” He murmured against his baby's ear.

 

The younger one looked at him and smiled, “You changed so much, Hyung. For the good I mean. We used to do illegal stuffs and now, you're… a dad. A good one.”

 

Dongwook smiled as he looked at her daughter, “All it takes is one person. One person that will want you to be a better person.”

 

“Yul is one person though. She's the only one I got, but I don't know why I can't change. I want to… but I keep coming back. Yuri, she's a dreamer… and I don't want to hold her back. So, how do you do it? How can you fight it?” Jiyong mumbled and leaned back the couch.

 

Dongwook looked at him and cradled his baby, “You don't fight it. It happens naturally, baby steps. You don't have to do it all at once. I didn't even noticed how I became like this. All I wanted was to stop gambling so I got a job, the life went fast forward. Now, I have a dream like your sister. To get out of here and move to somewhere nicer. To give the love of my life a better future. Do you have a dream, Ji?”

 

* * *

 

It was already half an hour since Yuri left her house. Yoona went to the kitchen and open the refrigerator only to find out that there was no milk left.

 

“No milk? How am I going to sleep?” She mumbled to herself.

 

Yoona knows that Mr. Yu is already asleep at this time. He was old and his body needed rest. She doesn't want to bother him so she grabbed her jacket and went outside.

 


AN: a double update because you guys deserve it!