See you again.

Fate let them meet again
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm so sorry, Y/N" His voice trembles. I could only stare at him while my mouth slightly opened. My boyfriend, Jungkook, is breaking up with me. The person who I've been dating for the past 3 years.

He's a mess..

Redness in his dark brown eyes while he avoids looking at me while his black hair has a bedhead here or there. Jungkook looked like he hadn't slept in his white big sweater and gray sweatpants. 

I know he's been studying all night for his tattoo certificate and now he even got apprenticeships from different shops calling for him..why does he have to choose one in the States? Why not Seoul?

I blinked, still gazing at him.

His voice is so tiny.

"I'm going to the States." His voice continued to crack. "We're going to be away from each other for a long time .." "I- I'll wait for  you." I jumped in but lowered my tone. We both sat in silence and water began to swell up in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I really want to focus on my career and I don't want to make you feel like you're waiting." His voice begins to trail off. I could only shift my gaze down on my hands and lap. My whole body went numb and I bit my lip. Hot tears stream down my cheeks while dripping on to my hands. I began wiping the tears.

"Y/N." Jungkook called, and leaned over the table, trying to wipe it but I slapped his hand away. I quietly cried and wiped my tears as fast as I could. Given that we are in a public cafe, one of my favorite ones too. "I'm really sorry.." He whispered. "I love you, I love you so much but.." I know now why Jungkook sat us in the corner so that no one could see us, hurting. 

I took in one deep breath and looked at him. Observed him because when is the last time I will see him? My heart started to ache when our eyes met. Tears already glossed over his eyes and dripped down. This man who I spend three years loving and will never stop loving is going to leave me to achieve his dream. A dream that I am sadly not a part of. I felt the tears wanting to flow more so I closed my eyes for a while, feeling the hotness slide down my cheeks. “Y/N..” Jungkook mumbled, and I opened my eyes but stood up from my chair. He looked at me and I stared back, soaking his presence as much as I could. 

This hurts so much. SO much but I love you, I love you, I love you 

“I love you.” I softly smiled. “Goodbye.”

I walked away from that table before Jungkook could say anything. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 years later 

“Y/N! Can you check this code for me?” Jackson rolled his chair to my desk, laptop in hand. I swung around to face him and looked at his laptop screen. I eyed it and nodded. “Code looks good.” I looked at Jackson, “Does it not work?” “Ah, no.” Jackson answered, “I just wanted to see if it looks good before I send it.” “Well, it does! Send it!” I turned back to face my desk and finished my email before clocking out. 

And… Send! 

I finish typing my email and begin packing up my belongings to put in my tote bag. “Oh, are you done for today?” Jackson popped up. “Yes sir.” I placed my tote bag strap on my shoulder. “Going to meet my best friend for a shopping date.” I waved bye and said bye to the other coworkers around me. 

“Heading over to you now.” I said out loud while texting to Hannah. I placed my phone back in my pocket and headed over towards the shopping center. 

--------------------------------------------------

Please log in to read the full chapter