Vampire's Dilemma

Night's Children

I'm sitting on a windowsill and writing about the landscape behing a window. I had so much stuff on my head that I didn't have time to visit you. Clears are a bad thing, even worse death bringers than the normal ones.

Even if now I have time to visit Shelter, first I have to forget the faces of all those people. I kill them so I could still exist, yet they follow me all the time. If I would lost my conscience I wouldn't have this problem, but also I wouldn't have you.

Phone calls. My phone. There's no other phone here. That's the only plus of living in a castle - nobody asks me about what I'm doing. No one even knows about that.

I pick up the phone. From the other side I hear a voice, which I didn't expect to hear.

"Isshi, Naoki left the Shelter, even though he's weak. I worry about him." says Izumi.

"Why are you calling me?" I ask.

"Because you know him the best." answers Izumi. "Do you know, where he could go?"

"I have a feeling that he's in the park." I say, while my imagination makes up the darkest scenarios.

"Go to him." asks Izumi.

I hang up, get up and jump out of window. I have to hurry.

You're laying under the most beautiful cherry tree in a park. Your pale aura dissapeared, before I could get close to you. I knew, there's something wrong, but I did not know, things looked this bad.

What am I going to do now, Yamiyo? I won't last a day without you, if I won't be able to go anytime to the Shelter and catch you, when you run to hug me. Of course I had no time lately, but I knew you were there, waiting for me. And that was all that mattered.

What should I do, Yamiyo? I think about only one thing, but am I able to punish you like that? Am I so selfish? Is it a sign of egoism or big love? What's going on with us, Yamiyo?

That weird feeling, when blade shivers. I don't pay atention to that. I have other problems. One of which is weird taste of your blood. To feel so much innocence in it.

Yamiyo, I wouldn't be myself if I were to change you normally. That's why I'm kneeling on the green grass, with you in my arms, with my own blood in my mouth pressed to yours lips.

Do you know how much I love you?

When you wake up, you're so adorably confused.

"Hello, Yamada." I say calmly, and you're even more surprised.

I love that confusion in your eyes.

What do you think? How many times in a few hundred years I'll see you again with a face like that?