Chapter Sixteen

Daylight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Somehow the chaos of their hearts had felt calm after a long time of their agony.

 

 

7:39 am

 

 

 

The soft breeze of morning went through the balcony of their home; the warm daylight of the sun after the gone rain seeped in the living room shining on the pair asleep in their embrace of a comforting solace. 

 

A stiffness in his arm, and his brows knitted, before his droopy eyes opened but the sight in front of him was beyond his expectations. 

 

His wife having her beauty sleep in his arms. 

 

They were laid on the couch; facing one and another with his back against the backrest while she was holding him to her might with their legs tangled, with his one draped over her, under the blanket of something he didn't remember having it, as his confused drowsy eyes recognized the blanket being from the room downstairs to realize she was the one draping it around him for him even after the dislike of that room sent a pleasant warmth into his heart. 

 

A beautiful curve of his lips softly. 

 

The next moment, Baekhyun felt her shifting, her head placed on his chest leaned back on his arm underneath her neck to take a sight of her beauty in a slumber; the daylight beamed on them but his adoring eyes could only stare at her in a magnifying sight, she was so damn close, her hand was his chest behind his heart, as if it was her comforting place to keep her hand on while the head on his arm for another comfort. 

 

“Is it her pattern?” 

 

His warmth fanned on her forehead, close to his lips with an almost brush, as he leaned in closer to her hair for his lips to brush against her temple as he took her enchanting scent of white roses; his favorite now. 

 

“How pleasant.”

 

He mumbled, and found her stirring enough to lean completely back almost falling off the couch for him to grip her waist under the blanket to pull her closer to him by her back; her warm lips on his neck, as his breath hitched, while heard her soft hum against his skin with a tighten of her arm around his waist sent a warming chill to his system as he leaned back to lift his head with a slight pain in his head and a stiffness in his arm under her head. 

 

Yet her peaceful self seemed more important. 

 

“She's going to beat me after waking up like this again.”

 

A humor in his husky tone as his eyes stared at her softly while he opted to get up but was trapped in her tangle of arms and he wanted to embrace her for all he could, before untangling her arm under the duvet, as he leaned his forearm on the couch down the cushion to tilt his head as he stared at her intently to her features from her eyes to her nose to her rosy lips with a gulp as the last night's almost kiss of theirs flashed in his mind with a warmth to immediately close his eyes with a sigh as he his lips. 

 

“Damn my mind.”

 

The next moment, he held the curve of her neck with a hold of jaw; how soft, as he caressed his thumb on her glowing skin where she leaned more into his touch, had him smile until he found her frowning to squeeze her eyes and his heart thud; he was done. 

 

Her eyes opened; widened at their closeness and sharpened afterwards. 

 

“What the-” 

 

A squeal of her lips at her own actions of leaning back but almost falling off, as she grabbed his nape where Baekhyun was quick to pull her to himself while sitting up for Iseul to end up on his lap; straggling him with her robe sliding down by her one shoulder displaying her bare arm as her both hands glued behind his nape to have her hair tangling her face while Baekhyun held her tightly in his arms by her waist with his back leaned against the backrest while both of them tangled in the blanket. 

 

An electrifying warmth in their system. 

 

Their faces inches closer; donning through the daylight shining them together as Iseul took a moment to adapt to the world, being awakened from the familiar situation, in her husband's arms again as she recalled herself falling asleep on the couch with him while trying not to get closer to him yet ended up being in his arms.

 

She felt flustered; warm and embarrassed. 

 

Her eyes boring into his brown ones; the beautiful golden shade contrasting his silver messy hair for an urge to brush her fingers through to be reminded of the last night added more of the warmth as her heartbeat quickened, and more under his deep eyes boring into hers intensely yet soft, while his hands on her waist with a firm grip burned against her skin as she gulped, to glance at his lips having a subtle curve in a beautiful grace thud her heart. 

 

How can someone look this good after waking up? 

 

It was frustrating because her emotions were kicking in against her pledges as her eyes sharpened. “What were you doing to me?” 

 

Her grip tightened on his nape with her nails; his system chilled, as his heated eyes stared at her silently into her sharp eyes to the crimson shade of her cheeks in a glow felt tremendously urging; to her lips in a tight press as if she'd almost bite her lips again that was caressed by him last night. 

 

And he felt the urge to do it again. 

 

“Answer me.”

 

He felt her pulling him towards her, their nose brushed, and her lips almost closer to his for him to glance at it with a gulp; she really had no idea and he had no patience. 

 

“What do you think, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul felt his warmth again her lips; a light squeeze on her waist, and her face heated up as her eyes narrowed, “Listen here, don't act friendly with me-” 

 

“Friendly?” 

 

His one eyebrow raised; a teasing expression on his face and it was too hot to not to stare at, until her heart thud at his next actions of leaving her waist, to grip the fabric of her robe as he slid the sleeve up with his eyes in a heated gaze into hers; her chest warmed at the graze of his fingers brushing to her bare arm in the flow of his task of pulling her sleeve up to her shoulder in a feathery touch of his finger grazing her collarbone. 

 

Yet heated enough to feel fuzzy. 

 

“We have gone beyond being friendly, sweetheart.”

 

His eyes on her lips and her lips parted at the glimpse of their action last night as his fingers trailed down her fabric to halt on the knots of her robe as his fingers threaded to it with a slight smirk, to meet her eyes in an intensity enough to warm her face; she should be pushing him away yet her heart glued still in his arms, and touch while mind was fighting against it blankly yet failing. 

 

Because her heart wanted to drown into his warmth. 

 

“For a fact,” 

 

Baekhyun met her eyes; she wanted to be in his arms that he could tell, and a pleasant feeling in his heart as he rolled the string of her knot around his finger unknowingly loosing it, “You were the one crossing your barrier to me again,” He trailed off, sliding his hand on her waist to the small of her back with a soft pull that Iseul held the headrest behind him while her grip on his nape tightened as their forehead almost brushed by the hover of her face on him to glance at his lips having a triumphant smirk, as he met her eyes with a sudden glow. 

 

“Shall I consider you mine now?” 

 

Iseul's eyes rounded; his words from that night flashed, and her heart thud to gulp at the closeness as her eyes glared. “Shut up.”

 

His forehead creased. “Make me.”

 

The next moment, Iseul pushed his arm away to stand up but heard his groan to find him holding his arm with a wincing expression as her eyes slightly softened. “Is it hurting?”

 

“Nah,” He gave a sarcastic smile. “I'm enjoying the pain, sweetheart.”

 

Her eyes glared. “Get lost!”

 

The next thing Baekhyun found was his wife ascending the stairs; his lips in a curve as Iseul turned to him with a glare only to find his softened expression had her warm with confusion in her eyes to immediately disappear while cursing herself internally at her actions. 

 

“Why is he like this?” A warming huff of hers as she reached the room not before glancing at the study table with a chilling reminder of them with a blush to stomp her barefoot on the floor. “Annoyingly irresistible!” 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

9:21 am

 

 

 

The familiar building stood tall alone with others yet a change into it; the change of a new name to it, as the name of B&J shined through the daylight, and the pair who had brought this change had entered the building together. 

 

Their hands in an interlock; their demeanor aloud of an authority together. 

 

“Now it feels like it's our property.”

 

Baekhyun stated, after glancing at the shining name of their company replacing the one man he hated the most, took it over with his wife, and now under their initials together felt pleased to have, as he glanced at her. 

 

Jeon Iseul; his wife now. 

 

Walking down the lobby alongside him; her fingers locked through his perfectly to trace down her attire of yet another formal pair of gray suit of a pants with a tuck of her black shirt clinging to her curves, and a gray cropped blazer to ornament her attire with a sleek ponytail for her tendrils to brush with the rhythm of her stilettos, and his heart beating with that rhythm of her unstoppable beauty; his wife was so damn beautiful. 

 

The words of compliment weren't enough to describe her.

 

As if feeling his stare, she met his eyes, and a skip of his heart to find her tilting her head with a creased forehead, as if asking the reason for his stare for him to give her a shrug, and as if she had understood his nonchalance yet again, he found her turning away with a subtle twist of her rosy lips. 

 

She was annoyed yet he found a hint of fluster in her sharp eyes; it was enough to curve his lips in a subtle smile. 

 

The next thing they were in the elevator; their hands still locked with his other one in his pocket while her holding purse one behind her back for their usual postures. 

 

A ring of his phone, and Baekhyun answered Kang-min's call. “What, Lee?” 

 

“You're alive?” 

 

“No; it's my ghost speaking and coming to beat the out of you, punk.”

 

Iseul heard their conversation without interest; used to it, but her hidden interest was the man standing beside her, her husband, as her eyes stared at him drowned in a conversation with an annoyance in his tone but no ounce of having it on his face as if teasing and bantering with Kang-min was his entertainment as his voice went through the space of the elevator yet in a warm vibration of her veins through the graze of their glued palms; his fingers drumming out of his habit on her knuckles contrasting with the rhythm of her beating heart. 

 

Her grip on the handle of purse firmed; her eyes in an enchantment of his handsome face to the styled silver hair in a shine, to the matching outfit of his gray with hers again, the white button-down ornamented with the black tie secured with the gray vest to his buttoned blazer in a perfect fit; her husband was unreal for this shine and it was annoyingly undeniable. 

 

His jaw hardening at something Kang-min said to annoy him, and her cheeks heated up at the stare of how hot he appeared, to his lips and the glimpses of last night, to their morning in a cuddling manner to how it ended up another searing moment evoked another warmth. 

 

Her heart picked a pace; she turned away. 

 

She was supposed to get away but the more she was; the more he was getting closer. 

 

The fact that the reason for his actions were clearing up but in a denial for her was making it hard, because the embrace and touch of his was difficult to get away. 

 

And the urge to embrace him was another. 

 

The next thing she opted to untangle her fingers through his with an unpleasant pierce only to feel him tightening their hold as she met his narrowed eyes to narrow her own ones right away with a gesture towards their hands as she mouthed ‘let go’ and in return, he gave her that dammed one eyebrow raised as he mouthed back ‘make me’. 

 

This annoying scum seriously. 

 

But something was strange; he kept frowning and clearing his throat from the morning and his hand felt awfully warmer. 

 

Was he getting sick? 

 

The moment from last night flashed; the continuous rain soak of him, and her throwing the cold water on him as her eyes closed with guilt again; damn her anger. 

 

“What's wrong?” 

 

“You.”

 

Baekhyun frowned at her tone; sharp but nagging while her eyes in a concern, where Iseul stared at him, making an innocent face and she couldn't decide if she wanted to slap his cheek or grab his face to snap at him for being so difficult last night for his actions while her own actions couldn't be justified either. 

 

“Are you fancying me, sweetheart?”

 

Iseul sighed, deeply at his actions again; a shake of her head. “Leave it.”

 

And he didn't get the reaction of his expectation; strange. “How boring.”

 

“We're late already.”

 

Iseul checked the time through her wristwatch with a frown and Baekhyun hummed, pretending to be worried for his wife to give him a look. “Why do you think?” 

 

His forehead creased. “My fault?” 

 

“You doll up yourself more than me, darling.”

 

“I'm charming as it is; no need to doll.”

 

“How annoying.”

 

Iseul huffed, pushing the strands away because she couldn't deny it and Baekhyun tilted his head with a teasing expression for her to glare at him and for him to turn away with a tighten of their hands while gulping down harshly as it pained, while feeling slightly warmer, and he could understand it; it was the start of his fever but he had taken the medicine already. 

 

Hopefully he'd be fine; it's a pain in the head. 

 

The next moment, the elevator opened, and the pair had walked down the hallway of the floor to be greeted by the employees as their steps sync in their authority until they were greeted by their secretaries outside their cabin. 

 

“Mr. Yoon, and Ms. Park has been waiting inside.”

 

Hae-Jin informed, where Iseul nodded, to glance at Baekhyun who gestured to her to enter before him as he opened the door for Iseul to walk inside with him behind her while meeting Kang-min's eyes to find a look in them for something Baekhyun couldn't get yet found a familiarity until he entered inside. 

 

“Excuse us for being late; I hope you didn't wait for long, Mr. Yoon and Ms. Park.”

 

Iseul uttered, as she stared at the familiar man, and the unfamiliar woman seated beside each other on the couch; she was in a formal dress, an aura of elegance with her brown hair to her waist, with the soft features yet Iseul had felt strange until she was on her feet to stand tall, as she forwarded towards her while Iseul felt Baekhyun standing beside her; closer, and found the woman's eyes glowing at the sight of her husband; so that's how it is. 

 

“Hello, Mrs. Jeon; Park Hayley here,” The woman uttered in English; a polite smile to change in a bright one the moment she glanced at Baekhyun while holding out her hand for a shake, “Mr. Byun; it's been a while.”

 

Baekhyun gave her a nod of his professional look; aloof, as he almost fished out his hand from his pocket for a shake but his wife was quick to shake her hand, and he found an awful sharpness in her eyes as Iseul gave Haley a nod of professionalism yet sharp. 

 

“Hello, Ms. Park.”

 

A disappointment flashed in the woman's eyes; Iseul's eyes sharpened where Haley chuckled, nodding as she pulled her hand back, “Nice to see you,” She paused, feigning a smile so not genuine. “I'm sorry but I don't know what language should I be speaking to you?” 

 

She was speaking in Korean at the moment; the woman was looking down on her. 

 

“No need to be sorry,” Iseul tilted her head, a sass in her eyes, “You can talk to whichever language you're comfortable with,” A subtle curve of her sassy smirk while nodding to herself as her next words uttered out in English. “I'm good with both, Ms. Park.”

 

Baekhyun tilted his head; his eyes only on his wife with a proud, and soft glint of her sass to that y accent. 

 

Damn, is there anything she wasn't good at? 

 

“That's great; it will be good working with you.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

Iseul gave her a nod to glance at Yoon Seok-ju as he stood up in his chic outfit; the next second, he was standing before the pair beside Ms. Park, as he held out his hand for Baekhyun who was quick to shake it with a nod. 

 

“Mr. Yoon; it's nice to meet you.”

 

“Likewise; I was curious about you, and it's great to meet you.”

 

Baekhyun was confused; he found the man's eyes on his wife to find her eyes in her usual cold gaze as if uninterested, like always, but he found it odd, and the familiar bitter emotion in his system as his frown deepened unpleasantly until he felt his wife's hand wounding around his forearm to immediately meet her eyes in a sudden glow yet sass. 

 

“Shall we sit down now, darling?” 

 

He was quick to nod; still amazed, and flustered as his system felt even more warmer now. “Of course, sweetheart.”

 

A knock on the door; Kang-min walked in as he looked at Iseul and Baekhyun. “Mr. Cruz has arrived; shall I?” 

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Of course.”

 

He felt nervous; it wasn't the first time he was seeing the friend of his mother's since he had met him in Spain often, and once in LA too yet seeing the familiar people from that place always evoke some memories; good ones hardly but bad ones countless. 

 

He felt a light squeeze of her wife's hand on his arm. 

 

Baekhyun met Iseul's eyes; concern, and somehow soft for his heart to melt, as he nodded, as if assuring her but Iseul found the nervousness in his eyes to be worried, where Baekhyun felt her hand sliding down his arm to his open palm until she threaded their fingers in a hold, and he felt calmed; she was becoming it. 

 

A man in his late 40s walked inside; his hair blond, and his strong features had a warm smile while a feminine aura around him. 

 

“Hello, I'm Nicholas Cruz.”

 

He spoke in English; Iseul tilted her head, for her observation if this man was any dangerous to her or her husband, but there was no strange feeling within her towards him as she turned to her husband to find a somehow soft face as if he was reminded of things she was unaware of; she really had no idea about his life before she had met him years back, and after years too. 

 

That felt annoying; she wanted to know about him, and the things that displease him, to the people that hurt him. 

 

But he didn't seem like he wanted to tell her; that felt more unpleasant. 

 

Yet seeing the feminine aura of the man had Iseul confused; Baekhyun felt her shoulder leaning on his arm to feel a warm chill of her slight whisper. 

 

“How am I supposed to address him?” 

 

“He's a man, sweetheart.”

 

Iseul shot him a side-eye look, and Baekhyun bit his lip with a threatening smile at her expression; she was so damn fun to tease. 

 

“Hello, Mr. Cruz.”

 

Baekhyun greeted the man with a soft glint, and the man gave him a fatherly smile back as he shook his hand, “It's so great to see you, Mr. Byun,” He paused, meeting Iseul's eyes with a glow to look at Baekhyun as if asking if she really was his wife since he read their articles and Baekhyun nodded; Iseul met his soft, yet prideful eyes as he tightened their hands. “My wife, and business partner, Jeon Iseul.”

 

Iseul greeted the man. “Hello, Mr. Cruz.”

 

He had offered his hand for Iseul to reciprocate his greeting as she almost shook his hand but was interrupted, by her husband's hand coming in between over the back of her hand softly for Iseul to frown in confusion at him along with the man as Baekhyun tilted his head; a frown of disturbance on his face. 

 

“Este saludo no es apropiado aquí.”

 

(This greeting isn't appropriate here.)

 

He uttered in spanish; Iseul's lips parted, and in an awestruck of how the foreign words felt so chill worthy by her husband's deep tone as she gulped, wanting to listening to him again as for her enchantment, he did, in the most hottest manner. 

 

“A mi esposa no le gusta que la toquen sin permiso, excepto a mí; es desagradable para ella y para mí.”

 

(My wife doesn't like to be touched without permission except for me; it unappreciative for her and me.) 

 

Cruz had his forehead creased in a realization to give Iseul a sheepish smile. “My apologies.” 

 

Iseul was confused as hell, unable to get their conversation as well as the two people behind them; it was annoying as she nudged her husband with a look of something he had understood as he nodded, immediately asking Cruz to keep the conversation without adding Spanish language because apparently they were the only ones being aware while his wife was annoyed by it. 

 

He was not asking to be beat again. 

 

The meeting of the three designers continued; seated on the couch, as their conversation of profession carried on with the different ideas of the merging brand. 

 

“I think it's a good approach; three brands in a one will be a huge success for you.”

 

Seok-ju stated, and Cruz nodded, “You don't have to worry about me; I have done this collaboration before so you wouldn't find any complaints from me,” He trailed off, assuring the married pair; seated together with their shoulders in a lean for one and another as Iseul had her eyes focused likewise for Baekhyun until Seok-ju uttered his words. “I'm all in from the moment Mrs. Jeon had briefed me about it; I know how capable and reliable she is in the business so I hardly can doubt her brilliance.”

 

Iseul had no expression but thankful; it was hard to find designers like Seok-ju in this industry especially how the competition works as she gave him a nod of assurance but her husband beside her definitely was burning inside with bitterness of how the man had been looking at his wife with the soft smile evoked an unknown jealousy as his eyes remained sharp and frown deepening with a clench of his jaw as his fingers intact to his lips on the armchair while another one drumming his fingers on her thigh softly. 

 

Iseul felt a thud behind her chest at his action; a warmth, and stunned as he was doing this in front of everyone. 

 

She couldn't even slap his hand away; it felt hot in her system as she gulped until his words erupted right after without halting his thudding actions. 

 

“You're right,” 

 

She tilted her head to find him already staring at her; soft, but an intimidation as his head tilted before Iseul felt his drumming fingers off from her thigh to feel a void yet thankful because of the unbearable warmth only to feel the tingles through her spine as his fingers went through her strands to tuck them behind her ear softly with a trace of her jawline with his thumb as she felt the flutter in her heart to the warmth through her cheeks at his unwavering gaze boring into hers. 

 

“My wife is perfect at everything she does.”

 

He was being awfully strange; a gulp of hers. 

 

The Spanish man awed. “So beautiful.”

 

“So, how do we start the preparation for this?” 

 

The annoying voice; Iseul rolled her eyes internally to look at woman across from her unable to take her eyes off her husband felt raging; her eyes sharp again, “Soon as possible, Ms. Park.”

 

“My apologies but I hardly know korean culture; is there any way for me to learn and inspire?” 

 

Cruz questioned, and Baekhyun nodded, “Of course; there are touring sites, you can tour around and get inspiration from the people; the culture and it might help you out,” He paused, as Iseul leaned forward, for him to look at his wife, “I think it'll be better if Ms. Park can also look out there for inspiration; lots of people come from different countries and it might be a good opportunity to learn what kind of jewelry; clothes or shoes they prefer, because it's all about the people's perspectives and thoughts to help us with the designs and success.”

 

“I don't think I have to tour around, Mrs. Jeon; just because I have been living abroad doesn't mean the culture of mine should be questioned here.”

 

“That's where you're misunderstanding, Ms. Park.” 

 

Iseul snapped back; almost immediately as she tilted her head, her hands interlocked on her crossed legs and Baekhyun knew it; his sweetheart was going to give a brilliant, yet professional sass of her answer as he leaned back; comfortably and watched her with an enchantment yet satisfied smirk of his lips. 

 

“No one is questioning anyone's culture here; living abroad doesn't mean that things here haven't changed, because changes are frequent, all I'm saying is to get inspired from that change because that's what will keep our designs persuasive.”

 

Yeah; that was his wife, so damn y. 

 

“I believe my husband will agree with me; Isn't it so, Mr. Byun?” 

 

Yet she surprised him with her tone as his ears heated up; using his last name as he met her eyes with a tilt of her head; how flirtatious of her as his one eyebrow raised with the same glint; so that's how she was going to play and he's always up for her antics as a smug smirk curled on his lips. 

 

“Of course, Mrs. Byun.”

 

Iseul's eyes blanked; she expected him to use her own last name but he had called her in the most rightful manner felt pleasant, and warming as she turned away while feeling his strong gaze on her blushing face.

 

She felt like she just lost against him; it was annoying yet why couldn't she dislike it? 

 

Unaware of how tremendous he felt calling her his; the only rightful woman for his last name to exist, as he gulped at the sight of her crimson shade of her apple cheeks with an urge to caress them; damn, she was so irresistible. 

 

The meeting continued for a few moments until the things were decided; the preparation for it to be begun today by letting them tour around the departments or the employees they were going to have work with; the next thing the meeting was finished, as Seok-ju stood up immediately bid a greeting to the pair until he stood in front of Iseul for her to show her usual uninterested but professional face. 

 

“I think I know why you went for this man; good choice.”

 

“Reflect on yourself now.”

 

Iseul's eyes sharpened; he was quick to walk out of the cabin unaware of her husband's bitter glare towards the disappeared man where Iseul gave a nod to Haley who nodded back before looking at Baekhyun whose eyes were on his wife standing beside him. 

 

“Mr. Byun.”

 

He turned to her; aloof, and uninterested, as Hayley smiled at him, “We're meeting after a while; we should have a good lunch or dinner with your wife if she wants to.”

 

Iseul could see what the woman was trying to do; there was an annoyance of her actions of how shameless one could be even after being known to that the man she had flirting with was her man; her husband, as an unknown emotion of bitterness thud within her. 

 

“I'm afraid not; I don't feel comfortable eating with the people I hardly know,” Her forehead creased; her hands behind her back with her gaze somehow cold. “I hope you don't mind, Ms. Park.”

 

“Not at all,” 

 

She turned to Baekhyun who raised his eyebrows, “I think it's decided already,” He paused, as Iseul looked at him with a sudden jittery yet her heart was calm, until he uttered his next words, “I don't feel comfortable eating without my wife; especially with someone I hardly go beyond professionalism,” He trailed off, getting her actions as his hands shoved into his pockets. “I hope I'm clear, Ms. Park.”

 

He didn't want to be rude considering that they were going to work; she had been this way in LA too but he didn't pay attention to her. 

 

This time he had to; he was a married man. 

 

Iseul hid the smug smirk of her lips; a satisfied feeling in her heart at her husband's actions. 

 

The woman definitely took the words; an embarrassment of her own actions as she nodded. “Alright; I'll see you tomorrow.”

 

The woman was out; Iseul still kept her sharp eyes on the door until she felt him leaning closer, enough to feel his upper-arm against her shoulder to glance at him; he had a teasing expression on his face. 

 

“You will kill her at this point, Mrs. Byun.”

 

“Shall I do it to you instead, Mr. Byun?” 

 

Iseul's forehead creased; sharp eyes boring into his soul for a kill, because there's no way that woman would have the audacity to flirt with her husband if this man hadn't had made a proper line of professionalism; it was the first time for Iseul to wanting to turn the designer down with such an unprofessional manner was infuriating for her to act out of her character was unknown and her reason for this action had to be this man. 

 

He was making her act so out of her character. 

 

Or unknown of how he was bringing her lost emotions in her drowned chaos back to how it was; her own self lost somewhere. 

 

“Are you jealous, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul's heart thumped. “Jealous, my foot.”

 

Her eyes glared at his teasing glint to turn away with a press of her lips; there's no way. 

 

“I'm still here if you forgot in case.”

 

Both of them flinched; the next second, they turned around to find Nicholas seated on the couch with a soft smile as Iseul almost excused for her unprofessional behavior but the man stood up with a chuckle; he seemed happy to see the pair, especially, for the boy he had seen in a gloom back there was glowing around his wife felt pleasing to him and enough to tell him how this young boy but now a man would be happy. 

 

“Thank you, Senora.”

 

Iseul frowned. “Excuse me?” 

 

“He's calling you, Mrs, sweetheart.”

 

“Do you not like it?”

 

Cruz had an apologetic yet convincing expression of the aura he aired, and Iseul was silent for a moment; she hardly gets close or friendly with strange people but this man seemed to be good with Baekhyun, somehow, softened her. 

 

“That's alright, Mr. Cruz.”

 

“Nicolas; I'd prefer to be call by my name, especially who are close to my prince.”

 

“Nicolas.”

 

Baekhyun's sharp tone; the latter shut his mouth where Iseul observed a strange vibe of their eyes as if the uttered ‘prince’ title was unlikable for her husband to be this sharp; in a way it was understandable because of his painful history with his maternal family but she was clueless again of what exactly could have happened to him to feel this agitated. 

 

It felt infuriating and hopelessly unpleasant. 

 

Because she felt like she was in his mysterious world again; unable to get inside because he had closed it. 

 

“I'll let my secretary arrange the things for you; have a good stay here.”

 

Iseul heard Baekhyun uttering to the standing man before he turned to Iseul again. 

 

“I hope you like my work, Senora.”

 

“I'll look forward to it, Nicolas.”

 

Iseul gave him a nod, before she found the men exiting the cabin together not before Baekhyun giving a gentle tap on her back as a pleasant feeling coursed through her but a curiosity had beamed after Nicolas had begun their faint conversation through the exit of the door. 

 

“Come on; Juan and Lucia have been asking about you a lot.”

 

Iseul's hands locked behind. “The cousin?” 

 

Her head shook, “I'm being too intrusive; this is not me,” She sighed, deeply at her tangling thoughts about him, as this curiosity was leading to the awakening emotion of something she couldn't drown herself into or it was already awakened from the actions of how she isn't able to push him away or his soothing touch, and her urge of holding him before huffing. “Stop it, seriously.”

 

Whereas, Baekhyun looked at Nicolas with a frown. “I had asked you before not to call me, prince, Nic.”

 

“It slipped my mouth; how can I not call you a prince when you are princess Isabella's son?” 

 

They were conversing in spanish as they walked down the hallway towards the department. 

 

“I don't have anything to do with that palace.”

 

“Even Juan and Lucia? Are they not your cousins to be invited in your wedding? Do you realize how surprised everyone was?” 

 

Baekhyun frowned. “Everyone?” 

 

“Yeah; apparently every person in the palace.”

 

Baekhyun hummed, unable to ignore the jittery feeling as he gulped, “It just happened in a haste; no time for invitation,” He paused, as he found a smile on his Nicolas’ face. “What?” 

 

“You got a beautiful wife for yourself; she seems to be a perfect match for you.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes glowed. “Does she?” 

 

“Absolutely.”

 

“I'm aware.”

 

He was confident; proud, for the latter to roll his eyes. “Your sarcasm is really like Isabella.”

 

“I'm aware of it too.”

 

Their steps halted as Baekhyun showed him the department; the other two designers were already present inside as Nicolas left inside but Baekhyun stood there as his eyes narrowed at the man named Yoon Seok-ju; his way of being casual in his professionalism with his wife felt infuriating as his jaw clenched, seeing how chatty and friendly he was around the others to sigh in a bitter feeling; burning as if in need of a cool sensation. 

 

His head was already starting to pain with the itchy painful throat. 

 

“She rejected him; why am I not surprised?”

 

Kang-min poured his cold coffee in the mug as he was chatting with Hae-Jin who was seated on the round table of the break room having his own after delivering the black coffee to his boss; Mrs. Jeon, as right now he was narrating the storyline of how Yoon Seok-ju was rejected by the Jeon Iseul. 

 

“Tell me more-” 

 

The moment Kang-min placed his cold coffee on the table; almost sitting down only to find his mug disappeared from his sight as the two males found their other boss; Baekhyun gulping a few chugs of the coffee in a quick manner until he placed down the mug with a thud, and a deep breath of his annoyed face. 

 

“I still don't feel better.”

 

He chewed the ice; Kang-min stared at him with a glare. “That was mine, sir.”

 

“Make another, Lee.”

 

“I'll do it for you.”

 

Kang-min smiled at Hae-Jin. “I only have you.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes; how dramatic, before Kang-min looked at him. “I'm surprised to see you alive; how did you get saved?” 

 

Baekhyun blinked; his hands on his hips of his open blazer with a display of his gray vest, as the last night's images flashed in his mind, of her anger, and the calm of her emotions in a vulnerability he had seen for the second time in his arms while he was calm in her arms to their almost kiss, to the scene of their morning of her selfless actions of putting him in a comfort yet ending up in his arms to the searing moment of her blushing and flustered face of her hidden emotions in display now. 

 

She was also melting into his arms. 

 

She wanted this yet unable to do so and he wanted to change it. 

 

“What?” 

 

Baekhyun tilted his head; a smirk on his lips. 

 

“I told you; I can handle my lioness.”

 

Kang-min gave him a teasing smirk, and Baekhyun kicked his shin. “Shut up, Lee.”

 

“Did she tell Ji-eun yet?” Kang-min rambled in a jittery. “I'm unable to answer her phone without feeling nervous and scared.”

 

“Not yet but she wants to have a team investigation.”

 

Kang-min's eyes rounded. “Lady boss really has no fear.”

 

“Who's wife is she?” 

 

A proud face of a husband, as Baekhyun settled on the chair as Hae-Jin put the coffee for Kang-min in front of him where Baekhyun sipped the cold one; he shouldn't be, knowing his fever might kick in but he was feeling awfully bitter and hot. 

 

“What were you both talking about?” 

 

“Lady boss's blind date.”

 

Baekhyun choked in his coffee where Hae-Jin was quick to grab the tissues for him while Kang-min sat still, sipping his own, where Baekhyun shot him a confused frown of a glare as his best friend shrug; punk, before wiping his lips as Kang-min pointed at Hae-Jin. 

 

“He was telling about Yoon Seok-ju being lady boss's blind date.”

 

Baekhyun went blank; the least expected news yet so damn fuming, as he flashed the man's soft look, and awfully close behavior towards his wife with a clearance as his frown deepened, and jaw clenched, as he felt suffocating enough to loosen his tie a bit where Hae-Jin and Kang-min watched their boss crumbling the tissue in his hand mercilessly. 

 

Oh, man. 

 

“Do you want to know more?” 

 

“I'm not curious.” Baekhyun stated, but seeing their silence had him frustrate more. “That doesn't mean you can just leave the conversation halfway; complete it.”

 

Kang-min gave him a look; his best friend was being a freaking jealous husband. 

 

“Mrs. Jeon's mother had arranged the blind date; Mr. Yoon is her mother's friend's son but ma'am was unaware of it.”

 

“That's right; there's no way she'd agree.”

 

Kang-min rolled his eyes at his boss's ramble and he says he isn't passionately down for his wife. 

 

“But ma'am rejected him but hired him as a designer instead.”

 

“That's my girl.”

 

Baekhyun mumbled, feeling awfully pleasant, as a glow glint in his eyes before looking at Kang-min and Hae-Jin, giving him a blank stare for him to tilt his head, where Kang-min smirked. “Aren't you jealous, my friend?” 

 

Baekhyun frowned, “What?” He scoffed, right after, “Unbelievable,” He trailed off, chewing his ice again. “I don't get jealous; what's there to be jealous of? How absurd!” 

 

He glared at Kang-min. “Stop stuffing and prepare the car; we gotta leave for my company.”

 

He stood up; Kang-min watched him pacing back to the cabin. “Did you forget something?” 

 

“I gotta tell my wife before leaving, Lee.”

 

Kang-min and Hae-Jin exchanged a chuckle; not jealous? How absurd. 

 

Baekhyun reached the cabin with another silent scoff of the absurd thing; jealous and him? Impossible, before almost opening the door only to find it opening it from the inside to find an employee walking out; she gave him a nod as he reciprocated until she disappeared, where Baekhyun entered inside to find the sight of his wife, at the moment, a very workaholic business-woman seated on the swivel chair of the glass desk with their name plates on it, together. 

 

His steps halted there as his eyes stared at her seated figure in a shine through the daylight from the glass wall of the cabin; lightening up the room yet she shone the most, as his lips parted, with a gulp before his steps forwarded in a slow pace as if beholding her sight, as his hands pocketed, and instead of sitting on the chair, he opted to round his steps to her seated figure to lean his back against the desk beside her silently as his head tilted, staring and only staring at his wife. 

 

She had her eyes framed again; her one hand to her chin with a concentration of the pages she was reading of the file. 

 

Yet the sight of her seeped a calm; he had felt it in her arms but could it happen by just a look, and feel tranquil? 

 

Had he fallen that deep? 

 

“You're going to bore a hole in my head; why are you poking so much?”

 

He heard her sharp tone; the next second, she took off her glasses to lock her sharp eyes in his intent ones with a soft beat, but he found something else, the familiar shade of crimson on her cheeks shining through the daylight, and his eyes glowed, with a thought of wanting to be the only one who can be this close to see it; have her and make her glow like that shine of a damn beauty. 

 

Has he fallen really that deep for her? 

 

That the thought of another man around her was making him gravely infuriated, unable to tell what he'd do if it ever happened. 

 

“What have you done to me, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul blinked; a skip of her heart, as his words were confusing but his eyes under the deep glow of daylight boring into her intently yet intensely to warm her system and unable to hold it, yet again she didn't, as if his deep eyes had her behold in his trap of golden daylight shine to grip her pen more in the flow until she felt him shuffling through; the next second, his fingers crossed through hers gingerly but enough to send a flutter as he tuck the pen out of her hold like her eyes in his gaze. 

 

While he felt trapped in those enchanting almond eyes to be turned away. 

 

“I came to tell you that I'm leaving.”

 

Iseul frowned; a strange feeling of uneasiness at his words. “Where?” 

 

“My company.”

 

“Oh,” She murmured, turning away as a sense of easiness coursed through yet confusing until she heard him. “If I hadn't told you; you would've gotten mad at me again.”

 

“Like you care about it?” 

 

Iseul opted to snatch the pen out of his hold only for Baekhyun to grip it as she turned to him with a glare for him to soften his eyes. 

 

“Are you still mad about it?” 

 

“Shouldn't I be?” 

 

He cleared his sore throat. “What can I do to please you, sweetheart?” 

 

Iseul went silent; his actions appeared so damn fluttering, and flirtatious through his eyes as her denial of the reason behind his actions were threatening against her mind now as his one eyebrow raised, and it sent a warmth in her heart because this action of his added more to that teasing thing he does; the thought of other women seeing it, as the glimpse of the designer woman making moves on her husband felt annoying and this one added more. 

 

Her eyes sharpened. “Don't do that eyebrow thing.”

 

“What, eyebrow, thing?” Baekhyun tilted his head, doing it still with a teasing glint in his eyes where Iseul glared at him as she snatched the pen. “Leave.”

 

A humorous chuckle; her heart rhythm again. 

 

“What do you think of Nicolas?” 

 

“I don't know him yet but he seems genuine enough to care about the business and you as well,” She paused, where Baekhyun frowned, he wasn't really thinking about himself but she was actually looking out for him, and a pleasant feeling coursed through his heart, until he heard her. “Except, I was clueless about your conversation, and I didn't like it being standing there confused.”

 

“What do you want to know?” 

 

Baekhyun had realized it last night; he hadn't told her about his relationship with his maternal family except for the time she had helped him nine years ago, that was also vaguely done, and she should be aware of it, about him, because that would be the right thing since he was aware of her things except for the ones that happened behind his presence; her scars for he wanted to bury that person alive, and her not doing ballet anymore, even though she wanted to pursue it the most. 

 

Iseul was curious about the life he had in Spain; the pain he had let her know vaguely for once and never again. 

 

The times of his lone self struggling alone in a young age was paining her heart at the thought and she shouldn't be curious knowing where it was taking her; the emotions towards him, and that certain feeling for him. 

 

Yet opened in a curiosity with a clash of her heart against her mind. 

 

“Who are Juan and Lucia?” 

 

Baekhyun's forehead creased. “You heard?” 

 

“Cruz was loud.”

 

“They are my cousins; the ones I had spent time with in Spain,” He paused, tilting his head, as he took the pen out of hold to flip it between his fingers as Iseul stared at his actions with a hidden impression. “What was Cruz going to do for you to stop him and he apologized to me?” 

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun halted his actions. “He was going to greet you the way it is done in Alvarado or any royalty.”

 

“Interesting,” Iseul nodded, and his forehead creased. “Is it?” 

 

“How?” 

 

He found a glow of curiosity in her eyes; how adorable, and a smirk of amusement curled his lips for her having no idea what she was asking for a curiosity yet if she kept asking him with this glow of her eyes, he was going to give whatever she wanted with that glow of her enchanting eyes. 

 

“What?” 

 

Iseul gulped under his unwavering gaze before finding him holding out his palm with a nod of his chin towards it. “May I?”

 

Iseul gave him a reluctant glance for Baekhyun to gesture to his hand; a skip of her heart, as she placed her palm on his hesitantly while he held it gently in his hold to caress his thumb softly to the back of her fingers for her heart to skip several beats in a minute as he met her eyes in a gentle intensity to see him lifting her hand to his lips without breaking the gaze of theirs until he completely brought it to his lips. 

 

His warm lips brushing her knuckles gently with a soft kiss. 

 

Her grip on his hand tightened; her eyes widened, and her heartbeat raced in a warm pool of flutter while her mind blank. 

 

“This is how it's done,” He murmured against her skin; sending a chill to her system as her breath uneven under his intense heated eyes shining through the daylight before letting their hands down yet in his hold. “Mi querida esposa.” 

 

(My dear wife.) 

 

A shiver of hers against his deep tone of the foreign language as she frowned. “What?” 

 

Baekhyun's forehead creased; her crimson shade again, damn, as he his lips before almost translating for her only to get the ring of his phone as without leaving her hand, he had fished it out with another one to find the call from Kang-min as he waved it; showing it to her for Iseul to retreat her hand from his warmer one as he straightened up. 

 

“Translate it.”

 

“Nah.”

 

With a teasing raise of his one eyebrow; he was already walking towards the door as Iseul glared at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter