What is your greatest what if?

Dive Into You (jmj short stories collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

What is your greatest what if?



 

~



 

The loud screams of the students who came rushing around was all Minjeong could hear, She still hasn’t been used to it even after working in this amusement park for over 7 years now.

 

She was assigned to the ferris wheel area since the worker who was supposed to be there canceled last minute because he’s not feeling well. Minjeong wanted to refuse but she can’t, sa sweldo niya nakasalalay ang buhay niya.

 

She then started welcoming people and giving them safety advice before entering the passenger cars. Mahaba ang pila dahil field trip day, Halos lahat gustong sumakay sa Ferris Wheel.

 

Minjeong hates to be around a crowd of people she barely knows, it makes her uncomfortable, she has no one who can keep her company. 

 

The Amusement Park she’s working at is located on the top of a mountain. It was such a great view especially on the top of a Ferris Wheel, you could see the city lights and everything else that is part of the city. 

 

It's pretty, the view is so pretty and it's all anyone could ask for.

 

Masyadong mahaba ang araw na ito kumpara sa mga nakaraan, She had a few minutes left until the end of her shift in the Ferris Wheel area. One more set of people and she’s done.

 

She was stunned when a familiar person appeared in front of her. She froze when their eyes met, because it was the same eyes she used to wake up to every morning, it was the same eyes she used to get lost in.

 

She froze because standing in front of her was the person she loved— she still loves the most.

 

It was the first time she had seen her again after 8 years.

 

"Minjeong."

 

"Rina...."

 

She feels like she's gonna faint out of nervousness, The way Karina muttered her name, It sounded the same as she used to.

 

Minjeong feels like running into her arms.

 

Minjeong wanted to feel what her home felt like.

 

She was longing for her.

 

"You guys know each other?" Minjeong went back to her senses when Karina's Co-Teacher spoke.

 

"Yeah" Karina replied, the Co-Teacher nodded.

 

"You're also gonna ride? Pwede ka sumabay saamin" Minjeong looks at Karina puzzled.

 

"I.....work here" Karina was shocked, Hindi niya kaagad napansin ang suot ni Minjeong na uniform na katulad sa ibang staffs sa amusement park.

 

"Oh...sorry" Minjeong just forced a smile

 

"You guys can now enter" Minjeong guided them into the passenger car. She instructed them on what the do's and don'ts inside, As much as she can she avoided sparing a glance on the corner where Karina is seated. 

 

The other teachers were listening to her with all ears, But Karina was just staring at her still processing what Minjeong said earlier.

 

Right when the Ferris Wheel started spinning, Minjeong's replacement arrived, She sighed out of relief.

 

She instantly went to the locker room to change into comfortable clothes. 

 

Karina went out of the Ferris Wheel but she didn't find her anywhere. 

 

"May hinahanap ka?" Jeno tapped her shoulders when he noticed her looking around

 

"Huh?" Wala sa sariling sagot ni Karina

 

"It's Minjeong isn’t it?" Tanong ni Yeji sa kanya

 

"Grabe I haven't seen her for like....8 years? Huling kita ko sa kanya ay noong 4th year pa tayo" Sabat ni Jaemin

 

"Yeah.." Karina quietly answered

 

"Let's just go and play some games" Her three friends agreed, naglakad sila sa kabilang side ng amusement park kung saan nakapwesto ang mga mini games.

 

The first stall was where they needed to pop 3 balloons with 5 darts in their hands. If they were able to do that they would get a huge violet teddy bear. Kaso masyadong malayo yung balloons sa kanila which is why minsan hindi naabot ng pagbato nila

 

Jaemin was the first one to make an attempt, he failed. 

 

"Gago, Mukha lang palang madali pero kapag ako na parang umiiba yung ihip ng hangin" Natatawang sabi ni Jeno when he failed, isang balloon lang ang napop niya.

 

Yeji then threw her first and second dart and it didn't even touch the board, she was annoyed so she just gave up.

 

When it was Karina's turn she did pop all three balloons without using all her darts, The three then clapped their hands out of amusement.

 

"Luh ang galing! Paano mo nagawa ‘yon" Amused na sabi ni Jaemin sakanya

 

Everything she went through together with Minjeong flashed all at once.

 

Minjeong used to be the loudest everytime they go and play these kinds of games at the amusement park, And Karina would always get her the largest stuffed toy no matter how long and how much it will cost her. As long as she's going to see Minjeong's adorable smile.

 

~

 

After Minjeong changed into her comfortable clothes she went into the food stalls kung saan nakapwesto ang sisigan ni Ning na kaibigan niya

 

“So totoo nga ‘yung text mo, nakita mo ulit si Karina kanina” Minjeong nodded

 

“Ang tagal kong iniwasan lahat

Please log in to read the full chapter