9- They Look Cute Together

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So Min-ah, it seems that you already have written something?" Young Bae calls her attention.

She didn't realize that she was spacing out while enjoying the flashbacks she's having.

"Oh? Oppa, ne! Keundae, it's not yet in lines and stanzas." So Min scratches her forehead.

"Gwaenchanha So Min-ah, we'll divide it later on. But can I read it?"

So Min is hesitant to hand him her notes. She stares at what she's written and sighs.

"Yeogi oppa." She hands out her notebook.

Young Bae reads the sentences she wrote.

You brought me porridge when I was ill, it made my heart flutter. You remembered that I was eating dried squid so you gave it to me, but honestly, I don't like it.

"So Min-ah daebakida! So these are the things that the person has experienced with her crush." He said without mentioning her.

As much as he wants to that what she wrote based on her experience, he decided to remain rational, and asked a general question.

"Ne oppa. That person is torn because her crush is giving her hints that he likes her, but she is too afraid because 'what if that person is just being nice to her?' Kurigo, that person is naturally nice, and he's treating everyone the same."

"Oh keurokeuna? Based on the hints that you wrote, her crush remembers something about her. Then, maybe it's worth trying to confess?"

"Keundae oppa, her crush does it to everyone."

"Listen to me So Min-ah, our song is supposed to cheer and give confidence to those who are planning to confess. How are we going to encourage them to confess if our lyrics will not sound convincing?"

So Min sighs deeply.

"Keundae oppa, I want our song to be realistic. Keunyang, I want our listeners to feel confident, at the same time be aware when to or not to confess. They have to assess the situation first, oppa. What if they confess, and then she will get rejected. I will feel burdened. Oppa, I just want them to have a balanced thinking. Anything rash can cause bad outcomes."

Young Bae is once again amazed by how detailed So Min is. Aside from her personal experiences, she's also making sure that she will also make the listeners feel as if they've experienced the lyrics.

"I agree with you! Keuromyeon, I have a suggestion."

"Kamsahabnida oppa, what is it?"

"I told you a while ago to imagine the things you want to say or do with your crush, if you are the one who's confessing?"

"Ne."

"Keuraeseo, my suggestion is that you will write there how you would confess. Like what will you say when you are going to confess to your crush."

"Oh, majda oppa! I'll do that now. Gomawoyo for the idea!"

"Arasseo, you can continue writing."

So Min continues to write the lyrics with the help of Young Bae, who arranged the sequence and the form of her composition. After writing, they started making the arrangement of the song, as soon as the other members of the band arrived. They were able to wrap up everything in just a day.


 

"Akkabuteo maldo eopsi geodgiman haneunde deoneun mot chama一annyeonghaseyo!" So Min sings as she enters the filming area.

They are currently filming the opening of the show, and hearing her sing made Jae Seok chuckle.

"Did you release a new song?" Seok Jin asks the giddy So Min.

"I had to film a show that day. But So Min and Go Young Bae decided to have a meeting and already finished the lyrics" Jae Seok expressed his sentiment.

"She went to see him in private?" Jong Kook asks for clarification.

"Keuronikka. I'm all for having meetings, but why did you meet when I wasn't free, and write the lyrics?" Jae Seok criticizes her.

"Why did you do that?" Jong Kook nags at her.

"Yah! But your team doesn't have a group chat since you don't have that app" Haha interferes in their conversation.

"Keurae." Jae Seok agrees.

"But Gummy, the songwriter, and Jong Kook-hyung have their own chat room." Haha reveals.

"Jinjja?"

"By the way, you guys are awful."

"Just hearing about it is upsetting."

"I didn't know he wasn't in it." Jong Kook claims.

"You guys are terrible." Jae Seok added.

"We were talking, but he was so silent. I thought he didn't even try to help us." Jong Kook justifies his claim.

"That was too mean." Seok Jin scolds him.

"He wasn't in it. I wondered why he wasn't."

"Yah Kwang Soo-ya, urin chat room ireon geo eobji, urineun?" Seok Jin asks Kwang Soo, who will be performing with him and Apink.

"I don't know their phone number. I saw them when we filmed together. I don't know what they're up to now." Kwang Soo professed.

"That's the worst."

"Keuchi, we don't have a chat room. We don't know their phone number." Seok Jin confirms.

"Seok Jin-hyung, how about your team?" Haha asks as he laughs.

"Apink sent us the song first. Let me tell you about the first song. Kwang Soo's part lasted 3 seconds, and mine lasted for 6 seconds. So our part lasted 9 seconds in total."

"I thought you were bad singers. They treated you like bad singers." Se Chan said as he laughed along with the other members.

"When I got the guide track, a woman was singing the song. And a guy sang next. 'Ssalah ssalah', that was it. Mwo?" Kwang Soo expressively tells his story, which added to the laughter of the members.

"Nine seconds are too short."

"Keurigo, we'll dance for 3 minutes and 20 seconds next to them." Seok Jin adds.

"Are you a dancer or what?" The members continuously laugh at them.

"We'll keep dancing. I'm so sick of dancing! I said we couldn't do that." Seok Jin whines.

"Yah! Things are better with me." Haha said, still laughing at their misfortune.

"They gave me a longer part." Kwang Soo said.

"By the way, Haha's third child was born recently." Jae Seok changes the topic.

"Congratulations!" Haha bows as the members greet him.

"You have a big responsibility."

"You'll be crazy about your daughter." Se Chan supposed.

"He desperately wanted a daughter." Jae Seok said, which Haha confirms.

"Keuronikka."

"You're having babies for the sake of Jong Kook too." Seok Jin pointed out.

"Gomabda!" Jong Kook rides on with his teasing.

"That's why Jong Kook-hyung uploaded a post on his SNS." Kwang Soo mentioned the comment Jong Kook left on Haha's post.

"What did he say?"

"He wrote that she should show her boyfriend to him first." Kwang Soo recalls Jong Kook's comment on Haha's post.

"Once she gets a boyfriend, I wrote that she should show him to me first." Jong Kook affirms.

"I wonder how old he'll be by then." Jae Seok jokingly uttered.

"He can still probably beat that guy. Eojjaessdeun, I don't know which jerk will be my daughter's boyfriend." Haha is already cursing her daughter's future partner.

"Why?" Kwang Soo holds his arm to calm him down.

"He's already hostile."

"He's done for." Haha firmly stated.

"She's still a baby yet."

"We should scare him first, and we'll get started." Jong Kook suggests to him.

"Then we'll crush him." Haha seconded.

"Right he's dead meat."

Their opening chitchat ended with the Jong Kook and Haha's cold-blooded plan. The PD started to explain about the race for today, and they also introduced the guests for the couple race. The two women were 'disappointed' since all of the guests were female. After having enough introductions, the PD explained the rules on how they could select their partners.

The women wrote down their talents on a card. If the card with their talents were drawn, they have to perform it and make sure that nobody will steal their talent from them, or else their chances for choosing a partner will be lesser. So Min was the first one to draw the talent.

She was shocked as soon as she saw the talent she picked. Everyone was curious about her reaction, so she turned around and showed her card to those at the back. Ji Hyo, who is at the back, saw her card and smiled widely. So Min, on the other hand, meets her eyes.

However, she has no choice but to face in front because Seok Jin pulled her. So Min also reminds herself that they are shooting so that she'll focus on the game, and not with Ji Hyo.

"I chose my own!" She was grinning from ear to ear.

"Happy Virus?" Everybody became curious about her talent.

"What do you mean by that?"

Again, she turned around to explain her talent. She was also trying to get a glimpse of Ji Hyo, but Ji Hyo couldn't look at her as she was fixing her pants.

"Well, I can make you laugh in 5 seconds."

"How?"

"You can make us laugh?"

"I won't laugh. I don't laugh." Se Chan firmly refused to believe her.

"Isn't this too hard?" Jae Seok said that made So Min realize that it will be tough for her to accomplish her challenge since most members are good at handling their emotions.

"It's hard to make us laugh after saying that you will." Jong Kook muttered.

"If you're going to give this a try, you can challenge Jeon So Min at this talent match. But Jeon So Min has to choose one person, and make that person laugh in five seconds." Jae Seok clarifies the rules.

"Jae Seok-oppa! I think he's going to laugh more easily. " So Min choo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter