sunday mornings

sunday mornings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you ask Minjeong how she would like to spend her Sunday mornings, she would probably tell you that she would love to be woken up with the smell of eggs and bacon in bed. Then she would have breakfast with her favourite person in the world, aka Yu Jimin. And maybe she will go back to sleep again feeling full, in her lover's arms. That's how Minjeong would love to spend her Sunday mornings.

 

However, sometimes reality is not as it seems. You see, Jimin has always known about Minjeong's Sunday morning fantasy and she really tries to make it happen for her wife. Call her a fool but she wants to fulfil all of Minjeong's needs and wants. But of course, one can't be good at everything, and unfortunately for Jimin, she at cooking. So you can't really blame her when she manages to burn eggs this morning.

 

Jimin's eyes widen as the burning smell fills the kitchen. She immediately tries to open all the windows in her apartment to air it out.

 

Afraid of her wife's fury, she turns her head back swiftly and looks at their bedroom. Door's still closed. Good. She quickly gets rid of the evidence that can be used against her. Time to order in.

 









 

Minjeong did not wake up to the delicious aroma of eggs and bacon. Instead, she wakes up to a body hugging her (ngl, she likes this too). She yawns softly and stretches her arms a little before looking at the culprit who is grinning up at her.

 

"What did you do?" Minjeong squints at her wife's antics.

 

"Tch, why do you always assume I did something?" Jimin raises her head from her wife's chest and pouts.

 

"You are usually more clingy when something is wrong," Minjeong deadpans before rubbing sleep from her eyes.

 

"I'm always clingy, what are you talking about," Jimin whines as she plays with the seams on her wife's pyjamas.

 

"Do you really want me to pull receipts?" Minjeong questions, fully awake now and not even giving Jimin a chance to reply. "Remember that time when you said you would wash our clothes and then tried to distract me by hugging me the whole day and keeping me from going to the laundry room? Only for me to realise my favourite white blouse turned pink the next day?" Minjeong fires. "How about the other time whe-" 

 

"Ok ok, I get your poi-" 

 

Minjeong raises a hand to stop Jimin and sniffs.

 

"Do you smell som-" Jimin quickly covers Minjeong's mouth, muffling her words.

 

To which Minjeong gives Jimin a quizzical look and Jimin just shrugs unabashedly. 

 

Jimin being Jimin, tries to distract to cover up her suspicious behaviour. But Minjeong knows better. 

 

"You look the cutest when you just wake up," Jimin crinkles her nose and kisses her puffy cheeks. Minjeong blushes at the sudden display of affection and slaps Jimin's arms. She pushes her wife off her and sits up. 

 

"You're being really weird," she looks over at her wife, seemingly trying to understand Jimin's actions. Minjeong tries to push down her bed hair as Jimin's fingers reach her hair and help to comb them through.

 

"You always complain when I show my love but then you also complain when I don't give you attention," Jimin rolls her eyes playfully. "Pick a struggle, Kim Minjeong. Admit it, you love it when I'm clingy." She pokes her in the arm before throwing herself onto her wife.

 

"Ugh unfortunately," Minjeong huffs as she wraps her arms around Jimin's waist. 

 

"But baby seriously, don't you smell something weird?" Minjeong speaks up after a while of cuddling.

 

Jimin tenses. "What are you talking about? I don't smell anything weird… You should be smelling something delicious!" Jimin knows the easiest and surest method to distract Minjeong is by food.

 

Trying to distract Minjeong from the weird smell (Jimin does smell it, it's a combination of some air freshener she found from their kitchen and well, the burnt eggs), she directs her wife's attention to the small table she had brought in earlier on the floor. 

 

"Tada," she waves her hands. Minjeong's eyes light up as she sees pancakes, eggs and bacon on the table. She turns and narrows her eyes at Jimin, "You didn't cook this right?" 

 

"What if I said I cooked it?" Jimin raises her brows.

 

"Then I will not eat it," Minjeong's eyes twinkle with mischief, as she wiggles her brows at her wife teasingly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter