Talk that Talk

Of Secret Love and Blatant Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Winter... are you jealous of me?"

 

"Rosie, what the hell, let's go," Karina whispered as she attempts to pull her crazy best friend away. 

 

"No, it's fine. I can answer. It's not a big deal, Karina." Winter said it so nonchalantly that Karina felt.. offended. It's not a big deal? At all? It is a big deal for Karina! Too much of a big deal, if you ask her. 

 

She sighed and let go of her friend's wrist. Rosie smirked because she knew exactly what Karina is thinking right now. How predictable, she thought.

 

Nobody dared make a sound as they all waited for Winter to talk again. Giselle nudged her grinning girlfriend as if to ask if this is okay. Ningning just playfully shrugged. She'll enjoy the show as long as Winter is unharmed (and right now, she is).

 

 

Winter, with a blank expression on her face, said in a monotone voice, "Why would I be jealous of you exactly?"

 

Oh boy, this is gonna be good, Rosie (and Ningning too, apparently) thought, biting her lip. She wanted to laugh but managed to keep herself together until Winter said, "Karina and I were partners and that was it. Whatever she has with you is obviously none of my concern. So, I don't mean to offend you but can you please not bother me anymore? I really just don't care. Honestly speaking."

 

Giselle almost lost it, but luckily she managed to keep herself under control, although Ningning was shaking with laughter behind her hand. Rosie had her hands over , trying to suppress a chuckle. And Karina.. Karina looked absolutely horrified. This is so embarrassing!

 

Winter stood up after saying those words and headed towards the door, leaving them all dumbfounded. Even Rosie stopped laughing, she was just gaping, open mouthed, at Karina. Karina didn't say anything, still staring at the ground while her face was completely red. Rosie couldn't take it anymore and started chuckling quietly, earning an annoyed glare from her friend. She only continued laughing, even as the tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. When Karina finally snapped, she hit Rosie's shoulder.

 

"You're so stupid!" 

 

Rosie didn't care though and just kept laughing. That was probably the funniest thing she had heard in years. Karina is the one who's being stupid, can't she read between the lines? How can she be dense? 

 

"Oh, absolutely not, babe. You are. This is when you are supposed to go after her. Not stand here like the idiot that you are and act as if I am to blame for all this." Rosie was breathing hard as she finished talking. She almost ended up laughing again, but Karina was still glaring at her angrily. The other girls were slowly starting to recover from their shock as well.

 

"Why should I? She just said not to bother her anymore!" Karina yelled back, sounding slightly hysterical.

 

Ningning shook her head in disappointment. "Both of you are stupid," Giselle nudged her with a 'stop it' look, but she continued, "Winter is avoiding you because she thinks Rosie is your girlfriend, and you? You're obviously ignoring her because you think she doesn't like you. Well, guess what? The only people who don't know that you two like each other are the two of you!"

 

Karina opened to protest but Ningning cut her off. "And, trust me, Karina, if that's what's happening, you are definitely wasting your time.  I mean... you already know Winter. Do you honestly think she doesn't like you back?"

 

Karina stayed quiet and honestly, even Giselle felt frustrated that she couldn't help but groan. Karina looked at her like an confused and abandoned puppy on the road. "What are you waiting for? Go after her, Karina!" Giselle urged her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter