Deliberate Assassination

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past week has been Vincenzo and his people finding the mastermind behind Dante.

Fredrico was in total shock when he was informed what Dante had done.

Vincenzo was infuriated, but all he could do was wisely give a heads-up to the older cousin regarding trusting one.

Everyone was trying to retrieve information, and it would have been easier if the person was to be in Italy but because Dante himself was Maltese and the Napoli's were settled there too, it took a few days.

Now, an hour passed after he got the text from Marco regarding Antonio Napoli being in our hands and after a brief call with Luca, he makes his way to sleep as well.

The reason for why he texted Marco and informed Luca that he'd be coming over the day after tomorrow and not tomorrow is because Vincenzo is contemplating whether to tell this all to Cha Young, or not.

She seems calm and relaxed, and he just doesn't want to reignite anything.

He knows she has no regret after tonight's conversation and telling her this all would be completely fine but the other part of him knows that if he tells her that he's going to interrogate Antonio, she might want to come along.

Vincenzo knows that will be exposed to the way they work sooner or later, but he just feels like the timeline of events is happening too fast to his liking.

Not that he doesn't know that he can't control whatever is to happen in the future, it's just that this decision is in his hand, and he wants to make one wisely.

He also doesn't want to lie to her, because he simply can't, that is beyond his principles.

So, he contemplates, waiting and just thinking a little too much that the day turned into nightfall, and he has no other choice but to sleep and then prepare himself for tomorrow.

 

Vincenzo doesn't change into something comfortable before eating dinner, and Cha Young doesn't seem to mind so there's no questioning about it.

They have dinner accompanied by small talk and Cha Young's chatters about nothing and everything.

After they both have had dinner, and Cha Young is bringing the makgeolli bottles over, he tells her.

"I won't be able to join you today."

"Waeyo? We can drink wine if you don't want to." She stops her steps as her hands carry a few bottles of the white rice wine.

"I need to go somewhere." He tells her shortly and watches her brows furrow.

"Where to? It's almost 10." She asks and moves towards him, leaving the bottles on the kitchen counter,

He looks at her moving towards him and honestly answers her.

"We've found the man behind Dante, I am going to meet him."

"I'll come along." She says and moves to the room.

Vincenzo closes his eyes and holds her arm lightly.

He doesn't want to prolong the conversation and it's getting late.

"You won't like what you will see."

That makes Cha Young stop and look back at him, he has opened his eyes and looks at her back too, slowly withdrawing his hand from her arm.

She comes closer to him, a sudden agitation and anger rising up in her.

"I know that very well, as if you didn't tell me what one goes through for their wrong deeds, and I agree with how the Family works with it. Have I ever disagreed with anything that you told me about? No, because I believe that this is what is to be done to tear down the real evil." She says while looking at him with a heavy gaze.

"So, stop underestimating me, I got married to you not only due to my father's wish but by my own will as well and I was and am ready to see everything, Vincenzo." She ends the conversation herself and moves to the room to get dressed.

He hears the door shut and he exhales a sigh.

Somehow, the air has shifted and became much more tense.

He wishes they had this conversation yesterday if only he had the courage to tell her beforehand.

But on the other hand, her words to him mere moment ago echo in his head.

All this time, he has been worried about how she will become familiar and get through with it all.

Vincenzo knows Hong Cha Young is a peculiar kind and as he admits, Nonna's words ring in his head 

"She is much stronger than you think, and she'll prove that to you, very soon. Stop underestimating her."

She is and has proved it very soon and though he hasn't been able to inform Nonna or Mama himself, he knows they have already gotten the news.

He fetches a glass of water to cool himself because loosening his tie is in vain at the moment.

He moves towards the main door of the apartment to get his shoes from the shoe rack Cha Young told him she bought on sale with Maria.

He walks to the sofa, to put his shoes back on-again, because of Cha Young's insistent nagging of only wearing flip flops inside the house.

These tiny things about her makes him smile unconsciously, he's never been this...organized.

This apartment just used to act as a hotel for sleeping and copious wine drinking, he used to grab lunch with Luca before and if the work in Rome was settled, he'd used to fly back to Milan.

But this all was before.

And now he's in the after with Cha Young being a huge part of his life.

The thought makes him wide awake and he's moving to take his coat from the dining chair when the door opens, and Cha Young comes out in an all-black dress with white joggers that she wears while training.

He takes in her sight and is mesmerized by her attire as well as her lipstick, the lipstick is something that always caches him off-guard badly.

Just something about the scarlet shade makes him go absolute feral.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter